• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Chill is our Ace in the hole

DJlaysitup

Chillz is still playing I suppose and from what I've read he hasn't lost any "Chillz/Skillz". He got his money and hopefully got a decent exchange rate.

We don't have a high draft pick but we do have Chillz. Now that most of the managerial clutter has either left or been fired from those days, I see no reason to not bring Chillz back. (depending on the new coach)...and I can't imagine a good coach being against Chillz.

Chill may not be more than a 10 of Diamonds.

In Sund's radio interview, he flat out stated that he's going to give him the qualifying offer ( which I believe now it's a little under 5 million ). If that's the case, Chill may decline that.

If only the qualifying offer is presented, Sund is basically trying to pay him for one year, and not draw up a longet term deal. And that might not sit well with Chill at all. At this point, you're hopefully talking sign and trade . . if he doesn't decide to play his final year in Greece.

And THEN, you have the situation with Marvin. Is Chill going to want to start over Marvin ( probably yes ). So do you pretty much guarantee him a starting spot? And even if you do that, is he going to be cool with making LESS than Marvin?

I may have to downgrade him to an 8 of Clubs. Chill isn't someone we can count on being here next year. His situation is delicate, like the rest of the guys.

• Premium Member

Sund won't make him a real offer, northcyde, for the same reason they never really made Josh Smith a real offer. They'll let the market decide or encourage him to bring S&T's that actually benefit the Hawks to the table.

I'd be shocked if anyone gives him more than the MLE.

Edited by mrhonline

Chillz is still playing I suppose and from what I've read he hasn't lost any "Chillz/Skillz". He got his money and hopefully got a decent exchange rate.

We don't have a high draft pick but we do have Chillz. Now that most of the managerial clutter has either left or been fired from those days, I see no reason to not bring Chillz back. (depending on the new coach)...and I can't imagine a good coach being against Chillz.

If we can find a place for Marvin without receiving a SF on a long-term deal I would love to get Childress signed to a long-term deal.

Wonder if he might go for a S and T with a west coast team. also wonder how he and Woody got aong and if he is more likely to sign with him gone?

Some fans opinions are that Childress didn't exactly like Woody or his use of him. Childress attacks the basket and contributes without the ball. That's exactly what we aren't getting from Marvin.

Josh Smith / Marvin Williams / Zaza Pachulia for resigned Chris Bosh / Jarrett Jack ---- Marvin or Zaza could be replaced with Mike Bibby

Mike Bibby to Lakers for Sasha Vujacic

Jack / Teague

Johnson / Crawford / Vujacic

Childress / #24

Bosh

Horford

Very, very nice looking core. We can find some beef for the bench itching to play with that unit.

Sund won't make him a real offer, northcyde, for the same reason they never really made Josh Smith a real offer. They'll let the market decide or encourage him to bring S&T's that actually benefit the Hawks to the table.

I'd be shocked if anyone gives him more than the MLE.

OK so we are (relatively) poor...but are we also lazy? I mean, when you have somewhat less assets to work with, you have to get creative to compete. I realize that money is the main thing though.

So lets look seriously at Chillz. He is another of our "funny shot" guys, but he is extremely athletic for his size, moves without the ball, and finishes well. Would I start him over Marvin?....sure, yeah, exactly.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I think this board make Chillz into a MUCH better player than he actually is. To me, he is on the same level as Mo Evans. Nothing more.

He has a very limited game.....garbage points around the rim and he shoots from way low so he needs lots of space to get off a shot.

I loved his hustle and heart, but Chillz is a very ordinary player.

I think this board make Chillz into a MUCH better player than he actually is. To me, he is on the same level as Mo Evans. Nothing more.

He has a very limited game.....garbage points around the rim and he shoots from way low so he needs lots of space to get off a shot.

I'm not trying to start anything...but I disagree 100% with everything you just posted (except the "low shot" thing)

Chillz is WAY better than Mo Evans. You mention "Garbage buckets" (which in reality are "Hustle buckets"....they all count the same. You could call Lorenzo Charles's dunk off the airball in the NCAA championship a "Garbage bucket"...but he was there, and he made the basket, and NC State won the National Championship. Buckets are buckets. Chillz is a very dynamic player on the floor. The guy guarding him has to run,run,run cause he ain't stopping. He'll wear yer arse out.

(Note OT: I simply can't spell words like "disagree". I won the seventh grade spelling bee and then our eighth grade teacher gave us a test on double consonants. You had to pick out the correctly spelled word from a bunch of mis-spelled words. I had never seen them mis-spelled before - Mom was an English teacher - and seeing that just blew me away. Since then I never know how many consonants to put in - I will never forgive that woman blink.gif )

Edited by DJlaysitup

+1. Go back and look at the forum comments during Chillz' last season here. I think he could be a quality 6th man for a good team, but not a starter.

• Like 1

+1. Go back and look at the forum comments during Chillz' last season here. I think he could be a quality 6th man for a good team, but not a starter.

Why not a starter? Is he somehow indellibly inked with the title of "non-starter"? Somehow Marvin has been branded "a starter"..even though we all know that Chillz would have served us much better in that role last season.

Chill may not be more than a 10 of Diamonds.

In Sund's radio interview, he flat out stated that he's going to give him the qualifying offer ( which I believe now it's a little under 5 million ). If that's the case, Chill may decline that.

If only the qualifying offer is presented, Sund is basically trying to pay him for one year, and not draw up a longet term deal. And that might not sit well with Chill at all. At this point, you're hopefully talking sign and trade . . if he doesn't decide to play his final year in Greece.

Sund offered him $4,8 million 1 year contract.

What can I say about Childress... Like you know, I'm from Europe, Lithuania and I'm watching Euroleague every single season. Josh is the biggest disappointment in Euroleague. How much he earns per season in Greece, he should play 2x times better than now. Don't look to his stats in Greek league, look at his stats in Euroleague - the strongest league in Europe. Linas Kleiza is the best player in OLY, not the Josh.

This is the TOP 20 of the most valuable players in Euroleague's regular season (or efficiency report like you called):

http://www.euroleague.net/main/statistics/individual/average?topic=3

Why this link doesn't work.. ?

Here's TOP most valuable players in NBA:

1 MARIC, ALEKS Partizan 24.56

2 KLEIZA, LINAS Olympiacos 19.70

3 LAVRINOVIC, DARJUS Real Madrid 19.30

4 MICKEAL, PETE Regal FC Barcelona 18.11

5 WATSON, TRAVIS Zalgiris 18.11

6 SISKAUSKAS, RAMUNAS CSKA Moscow 17.78

7 SPLITTER, TIAGO Caja Laboral 17.50

8 WALSH, MATT Union Olimpija 17.33

9 LANGFORD, KEITH Khimki 16.00

10 SATO, ROMAIN Montepaschi 15.50

12 WOODS, QYNTEL Asseco Prokom 15.50

17 MORRIS, TERENCE Regal FC Barcelona 14.70

18 LANGDON, TRAJAN CSKA Moscow 14.67

20 KHRYAPA, VIKTOR CSKA Moscow 14.30

22 CHILDRESS, JOSH Olympiacos 14.13

24 RUBIO, RICKY Regal FC Barcelona 13.60

Even former Hawk Jeremy Richardson have similar stats in Greece... Let's see:

Regular season - 24 games 12,2 PPG 27,1 MPG 46%FG 39%3PTS 85%FTS 3,5 RPG 0,5 ASG 0,3 SPG 0,35 BPG 2,7 PF

Playoffs - 2 games 17,5 PPG 25,7 MPG 59%FG 50%3PTS 67%FTS 1 RPG 0,5 ASG 3,5 PF

Here's Josh's stats:

Regular season - 25 games 15,6 PTS 26,1 MPG 61%FG 37%3PTS 74%FTS 4.7 RPG 1.3 ASG 1.0 SPG 0.6 BPG 1,3 PF

Playoffs - 2 games 19.5 PPG 31.6 MPG 63%FG 29%3PTS 70%FG 10.0 RPG 1.5 ASG 0.5 SPG 0.5 BPG 2,0 PF

I just can say few words about Josh from what I have seen - his place is in NBA, not in Europe. He's playing in Greece just for $$$. He would be better in NBA, in Atlanta.

P.S. Sorry for my English...

P.S. Sorry for my English...

No worries, your English is fine (much better than my Italian).

So Chillz is averaging about 15 points a game (your stats say two different things so I just put them together) while playing only about two thirds of the minutes available in any game. That kinda tells me that his team is probably blowing out the competition and he sits through a lot of 4th quarters.

As far as Chillz being only #22 in scoring..that's not particularly surprising (especially while sitting 4th quarters)..nobody said Chillz was Michael Jordan. Oddly, the stats you show seem to make Chillz a semi run-of-the-mill type player...yet he is being touted as MVP for the league in many publications. Something doesn't make sense here.

I'm not trying to start anything...but I disagree 100% with everything you just posted (except the "low shot" thing)

Chillz is WAY better than Mo Evans. You mention "Garbage buckets" (which in reality are "Hustle buckets"....they all count the same. You could call Lorenzo Charles's dunk off the airball in the NCAA championship a "Garbage bucket"...but he was there, and he made the basket, and NC State won the National Championship. Buckets are buckets. Chillz is a very dynamic player on the floor. The guy guarding him has to run,run,run cause he ain't stopping. He'll wear yer arse out.

(Note OT: I simply can't spell words like "disagree". I won the seventh grade spelling bee and then our eighth grade teacher gave us a test on double consonants. You had to pick out the correctly spelled word from a bunch of mis-spelled words. I had never seen them mis-spelled before - Mom was an English teacher - and seeing that just blew me away. Since then I never know how many consonants to put in - I will never forgive that woman blink.gif )

Love your note; that's hilarious. And I agree Mo is not even close to Chil.

Edited by tbhawksfan

No worries, your English is fine (much better than my Italian).

So Chillz is averaging about 15 points a game (your stats say two different things so I just put them together) while playing only about two thirds of the minutes available in any game. That kinda tells me that his team is probably blowing out the competition and he sits through a lot of 4th quarters.

As far as Chillz being only #22 in scoring..that's not particularly surprising (especially while sitting 4th quarters)..nobody said Chillz was Michael Jordan. Oddly, the stats you show seem to make Chillz a semi run-of-the-mill type player...yet he is being touted as MVP for the league in many publications. Something doesn't make sense here.

I know you think Jsmoove will not be traded but dam doesnt a Marv and Smoove for Bosh and essentially Chills make sense here? Bosh gives us a low post scorer and rebounder who can shoot as well. He isnt physical and not anything close to the shot blocker Smoove is but he and JJ should make a great 1, 2 punch or in reality two 1A players and scorers. Then the starting sf spot is right there for Chills and hopefully bring Mo back as the back up. :friends1:

I know you think Jsmoove will not be traded but dam doesnt a Marv and Smoove for Bosh and essentially Chills make sense here? Bosh gives us a low post scorer and rebounder who can shoot as well. He isnt physical and not anything close to the shot blocker Smoove is but he and JJ should make a great 1, 2 punch or in reality two 1A players and scorers. Then the starting sf spot is right there for Chills and hopefully bring Mo back as the back up. friends1.gif

I could see that happening NJH. The keypoint (IMO) is just how p!ssed the owners/managers are about how Smoove acted out on national TV this last time. They can say anything in front of a microphone..but behind closed doors were they thinking "Smoove was just emotionally shot and will come back stronger", or were they thinking "this kid is just a spoiled jerk that we can never put our confidence in".

Six of one - half dozen of the other.....who knows.