• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Keep JJ and trade Williams and Bibby

Brotha2ThaNite

I think this would be a good time to find a good SF by trading Bibby & Marvin.

But who would be a good SF to match with JJ to help with scoring and defense??? I think it might be Mr Ai. When he was with second to the other Ai he played pretty good defense and scoring. I was on the philly radio and the GM was talking about how he played better at the SF. Then he mentions we have a young SF Thaddeus Young who they are high on. That was a hint they will try to trade Andre Iguodala.

Teague

JJ

Smoove

Al

Can any of you name anyone else?

I can tell you you're not going to get AI for Marv and Bibby. You're not going to get anyone that mattersl for Marv and Bibby.

If someone would have told you about our trade for bibby and the tade we did for Crawford before thet went down. I bet you would have said the samething. Hawks have pulled off some good trades

• Premium Member

If someone would have told you about our trade for bibby and the tade we did for Crawford before thet went down. I bet you would have said the samething. Hawks have pulled off some good trades

Using expiring contracts. Kind of a key difference there.

• Moderators

Those are for guys who were overpaid with no future on their respective teams and whose teams were ready to move on and couldn't find takers for real value, though. That doesn't apply to Iggy. He is probably only slightly overpaid and is a building block player for either Philly or the team that trades for him.

Those are for guys who were overpaid with no future on their respective teams and whose teams were ready to move on and couldn't find takers for real value, though. That doesn't apply to Iggy. He is probably only slightly overpaid and is a building block player for either Philly or the team that trades for him.

Being that I listen to philly radio on a avg of 2hrs a day and about 5hrs during NFL season.... thet want ai. Going for cookies and milk. The guys at the radio station were so happy when the GM hinted at trading ai. So by what you just said ai fix that type in philly. They wanted him gone last year and are happy to get the #2 pick.

I think they would welcome the trade.

Again, what other SF might make a good trade for us?

• Moderators

Being that I listen to philly radio on a avg of 2hrs a day and about 5hrs during NFL season.... thet want ai. Going for cookies and milk. The guys at the radio station were so happy when the GM hinted at trading ai. So by what you just said ai fix that type in philly. They wanted him gone last year and are happy to get the #2 pick.

I think they would welcome the trade.

Again, what other SF might make a good trade for us?

If they legitimately are willing to give him away for cookies and milk he fits the type....only if other teams agree and are only willing to give the Shelden-Williams-poo-poo-platter types of offers.

As long as other teams see value in AI, he doesn't fit the mold even if the 76ers are ready to draft Evan Turner and be done with him.

We had expiring contracts then.

We only have 1 now in Crawford.

Ummm, ok. I don't care what some shmucks calling into a local radio station said, there is NO WAY a GM trades away a guy like that for a washed up PG with a new contract and a below average SF with a new contract. They are not taking on two long term garbage players for a man with Iggy's credentials. Not happening.

Ummm, ok. I don't care what some shmucks calling into a local radio station said, there is NO WAY a GM trades away a guy like that for a washed up PG with a new contract and a below average SF with a new contract. They are not taking on two long term garbage players for a man with Iggy's credentials. Not happening.

lol watch it because shmucks is the same as what you and I are doing..... you call them shmucks because you disagree. Well, you are doing the same as they were.... voicing your opinion which puts you and i as shmucks too. LOL

You see, in their eyes, like all fans of teams, they see good 80% of the time in other team's players and see nothing but bad in 80% of their team's players. It's how the old saying goes, "one man's trash is another man's treasure :go ahead: "

The reasons why I see it as a good trade is that Marvin is still young. They could see them turning him around for the good. Bibby as you called washed up but they could see him as a vet PG to help bring around their young PG and also give quality mins off the bench for the next year. They could trade his contract after year 1. I'm sure they can see Bibby and Marvin helping their team giving the old, "They both have been in the playoffs the last 3 years getting to the 2nd round the last two"

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

Craw for A.I straight up with no fillers. IYAM[

Marvin not the issue far from it. Now that Philly will select Turner, you can mark Iggy down for one more season in Philly.

Craw for A.I straight up with no fillers. IYAM[

Now you're talking.

No way they'd take a Marvin + Bibby, with each having multiple years on their deal. But if they're really that disgruntled with Iggy, give them Jamal ( whose contract also expires ) and we'll take him.

The downside to this will come up when Horford is due his extension or gets an offer sheet. Re-signing both JJ and Al + plus adding Iggy, would surely put us in luxury tax land.

But if we want to seriously bring Iggy aboard, you have to make a serious offer. And this would be it.

Iggy is like a poor man's Pippen, he needs the ball and he's not even that good and expensive. He may sound good to the ear but we have pieces that could give us a really good team next year which we can build around.

• Premium Member

Bibby is untradeable next year. the guy has 2 years left on his contract and is one of the worst PG in the NBA right now. There is no team that wants any part of his 7 million dollar contract. Marvin might have some value but we aren't gonna get a starting caliber player back in return. I don't think there is any single team in the NBA, either contender or season tanker that wants any part in a deal involving these two guys.

Wouldn't that make it difficult to extend Horford? That is, assuming we resign JJ in addition to this trade....lotta money tied up.

Man I have really been thinking about this but the truth is, in order for us to be a championship caliber franchise we are gonna have to tight-rope that luxury line. That is where ownership comes into play. Are they satisfied with just a midtier playoff team that turns a profit??? Unfortunately part of me thinks they may be. I know the fans want a contender.

It is a sticky situation. I would rather resign JJ and cross the bridge with Horf when we get there next summer. There are some BAD contracts on this team between Marvin and Bibby. Unfortunately I don't think they have much trade value. Maybe there is some cocky GM/Coach out there that still thinks he can make a star out of Marvin.

Even though he is paid borderline allstar money for his position, I have no problem keeping Bibby if he comes off of the bench. The think about Horf is we could let JJ walk in hopes of saving room to hold on to him. But what if someone offers him more than we are willing to pay? Then we lose them both. A bird in hand...... We will have to pony up anyway. Will Hawks management do that?

It may sound farfetched, but I would love to add Iggy. The question is would management pay the money. Would a nucleus of JJ, Iggy, Horf, and Smoove get us closer to being a contender next year? Replacing Marv with Iggy would do WONDERS for this team. When you are trying to compete for a title, money can't always be the deciding factor. I know its easier said than done but that is the truth. It is always easy spending someone else's money lol.

It really wouldn't suprise me if Philly doesn't see Iggy as a part of their definite future. He would be much better playing along side a player of JJs caliber. This is all a dream I am sure because I doubt Hawks management would bring us Iggy. It would show JJ we are serious about contending and make him more likely to resign. I would trade Marvin straight up to fellow UNC alum Michael Jordan for Tyrus Thomas. Maybe Jordan thinks he and Brown can make a player out of Marv? How about Joel Pryzbilla for the MLE? Gives us a true center to come off the bench vs Orlando. His splits as a starter and reserve are nearly identical.

PG: Jeff Teague

SG: Joe Johnson

SF: Andre Iguodola

PF: Josh Smith

C: Al Horford

Tyrus Thomas

Mike Bibby

Joel Pryzbilla

Anthony Morrow

Zaza

*Draft pick* best availabe player

Shelden Williams

Jerry Stackhouse

We would be at the luxury but I think that team could pose a threat. I have to admit that I don't think ASG is willing to pay the price for a championship caliber team though.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

Most every team need to be at or above the luxury tax to be a championship level franchise. Don't hurt your head thinking too hard about the obvious. (We were $5 mill away from the luxury tax last year. People make a hissy for us being around 18th in team payroll but the truth is there is only about $5 mill seperating 11th and 18th.) If we resign JJ, keep our draft pick, and fill out th roster we will be right smack on the luxury tax.

Marvin for Ty Thomas ? Thats HWY Robbery ! Larry Brown likes his post defenders, T. Thomas, and has Wallace and Jackson as his wings. Thomas is a restricted free agent any way. The Bobcats can match any offer made to him and we will not have cap space unless we renounce our rights to JJ, Chillz, and every other FA of ours.

Bibby is not paid almost like an allstar. He will make $5.5 mill next season and $6.2 mill in 2011-12. That is mid level exception type money which is far from all star money.

How do we get Iggy ? You never mentioned how...I assume your talking Crawford for Iggy. I'd be happy with that since Iggy is a superior defender and rebounder to Crawford.

There is an option year in Pryzbilla's contract for next year. If he does opt out he will probably have several MLE contracts to pick and choose from. Too bad he left Atlanta under bad terms with the old regime. He may still carry a scar around from that. If we can't get a true center for the MLE then I like Haslem and Gooden. B. Wallace is also available but we targeted him last year and he chose Detroit. J. O'Neal for the MLE ?There would be competition of course but for $5.7 mill he would be a good big off the bench.

I would love tio sign Morrow. Coming to Atlanta makes sense for the X-Yellow Jacket.

I would prefer Craig Smith over Sheldon Williams as a LLE player.

I like Damien Wilkens as a cheap, LLE, replacement for Mo Evans.