• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Keep JJ and trade Williams and Bibby

Brotha2ThaNite

Most every team need to be at or above the luxury tax to be a championship level franchise. Don't hurt your head thinking too hard about the obvious. (We were $5 mill away from the luxury tax last year. People make a hissy for us being around 18th in team payroll but the truth is there is only about $5 mill seperating 11th and 18th.) If we resign JJ, keep our draft pick, and fill out th roster we will be right smack on the luxury tax.

Marvin for Ty Thomas ? Thats HWY Robbery ! Larry Brown likes his post defenders, T. Thomas, and has Wallace and Jackson as his wings. Thomas is a restricted free agent any way. The Bobcats can match any offer made to him and we will not have cap space unless we renounce our rights to JJ, Chillz, and every other FA of ours.

Bibby is not paid almost like an allstar. He will make $5.5 mill next season and $6.2 mill in 2011-12. That is mid level exception type money which is far from all star money.

How do we get Iggy ? You never mentioned how...I assume your talking Crawford for Iggy. I'd be happy with that since Iggy is a superior defender and rebounder to Crawford.

There is an option year in Pryzbilla's contract for next year. If he does opt out he will probably have several MLE contracts to pick and choose from. Too bad he left Atlanta under bad terms with the old regime. He may still carry a scar around from that. If we can't get a true center for the MLE then I like Haslem and Gooden. B. Wallace is also available but we targeted him last year and he chose Detroit. J. O'Neal for the MLE ?There would be competition of course but for $5.7 mill he would be a good big off the bench.

I would love tio sign Morrow. Coming to Atlanta makes sense for the X-Yellow Jacket.

I would prefer Craig Smith over Sheldon Williams as a LLE player.

I like Damien Wilkens as a cheap, LLE, replacement for Mo Evans.

Great post man. I was purposely exaggerating Bibby's compensation based on his production vs PGs of comparable/salary. I was speaking of Bibby in comparison to players like Stuckey (made 1.8M this yr), Felton, who athletically are much better fits. Its really a moot point because I don't see any takers imo. His name isn't even coming on the basement bloggers rumor mills lol.

In order to vastly improve, Marvin and/or Craw (thinking long term) Craw must be moved. Even if its a Marv for Tyrus/Craw for Iggy/Chillz returning to replace Mo type scenario. Good post though man.

Great post man. I was purposely exaggerating Bibby's compensation based on his production vs PGs of comparable/salary. I was speaking of Bibby in comparison to players like Stuckey (made 1.8M this yr), Felton, who athletically are much better fits. Its really a moot point because I don't see any takers imo. His name isn't even coming on the basement bloggers rumor mills lol.

In order to vastly improve, Marvin and/or Craw (thinking long term) Craw must be moved. Even if its a Marv for Tyrus/Craw for Iggy/Chillz returning to replace Mo type scenario. Good post though man.

Salaries work for Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Mike Bibby, our 1st round pick for Andre Iguadola, Elton Brand, and the #2 pick but would they do that?

Teague

Johnson

AI

Horford

Brand

Williams

Crawford

Young

Smith

Dalembert

I like both units starting 5, but would both teams have enough incentive to do it? The Hawks move Bibby's contract, but take back an even greater one in Brand's. Brand and Horford do give you 2 legit post players though. AI is a slasher and solid defender. Even if you can't move Marvin, you could still bring Childress back (although as a reserve) to replace Crawford as 6th man. We'd have to use our MLE on a PG. I think the stickler is the #2 pick. There will be a very solid player avaialable at that position in the draft so I don't know that they do that part of it. Is the deal good enough without the #2 pick thrown in?

Philly moves Brand's albatross contract and gets a true PG to mentor Williams. They also get added scoring from Crawford. Their biggest weakness was 3pt. shooting and the additions of Crawford and Bibby help in that area. Is Smith really their PF of the future? If so, they might be willing to include that #2 pick since their will be a really good guard (Evan Turner) or big men (Favors, Cousins) available at that spot.

If we found a away to swing it sort of how you say and ended up with Iggy and that pick.....

PG Jeff Teague

SG Joe Johnson

SF Andre Iguodola

={ Al Horford

C Demarcus Cousins

Damn that is wishful thinking man lol. I would faint.

lol watch it because shmucks is the same as what you and I are doing..... you call them shmucks because you disagree. Well, you are doing the same as they were.... voicing your opinion which puts you and i as shmucks too

Only problem is this shmuck is looking at that deal in the real world. The shmuck on the radio is being an actual shmuck if he believes that deal is possible. You're not a shmuck for voicing your opinion but you are a shmuck for discussing insane trades.

"I believe LeBron will sign with Hawks." <--- This makes me a shmuck. Not because I voiced my opinion but because of what my opinion was.