• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Doug Collins lands with Sixers

I know Avery Johnson was going for the Sixers job as well as us and the Hornets.....1 down. And then there were 2. Comon baby Avery we need you.

I know Avery Johnson was going for the Sixers job as well as us and the Hornets.....1 down. And then there were 2. Comon baby Avery we need you.

yeah we do! Sund, ASG bring avery johnson home! please!

• Admin

I am glad because I don't think he is that good a coach and I was worried that he could end up here.

I am glad because I don't think he is that good a coach and I was worried that he could end up here.

Avery is probably going to get the New Orleans job. He's from New Orleans. That is unless Avery has done what he did last year and tried to micromanage those who have interviewed him. Last year, Avery wasn't interested in the job unless he was the only candidate for that job. That's why he did TV and not coaching. He's a micromanager as a coach, and he tried to dictate his way in a job search.

• Premium Member

Avery seems to be a victim of his own success. That $4M salary that Cubin dished out is turning out to be quite the albatross.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Mark my words. Doug Collins will be coach of the year this year. He has a good group in Philly to work with, a high pick and except for occasionally losing his mind in anger, he is a good coach.

I'm going to put my neck out here and say that Collins will be gone no later than 2 seasons - probably at the halfway point of the second. Great analytical mind, great at picking up even the smallest of details, but focuses TOO MUCH in these areas IMO. Either way, I'm just glad we didn't bring him here.