• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Harris

00Blink

The Hawks MAY have called the Nets about acquiring Devin Harris. http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66510/20100511/nets_have_received_calls_about_harris/

"Although New Jersey hasn't ruled out playing the two together in the event they draft Wall, president Rod Thorn has already received calls about Harris.

"I can't lie about it," Thorn said. "I've had calls about that."

The Hawks, Heat and Pacers may have interest in Harris."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66510/20100511/nets_have_received_calls_about_harris/#ixzz0oZ5Iak6L

They are listed as one of the teams that were interested. At least we know that they are trying to continue to upgrade the team. For everyone that has been saying the ASG has been frugile, check the records. Gearon made a nice quote the other day, "they don't mind spending the money if it upgrades the team and is not going to be stuck with a bad contract (paraphrased)"

Who knows, maybe they will still try to swing a trade for Harris. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Do you think they will at least attempt a trade now that the Wall sweepstakes fell through? No poll, just discuss.

Edited by SmooveHawksFan

Since jersey lost in the lottery I don't know if they will move Harris. There is probably a good chance they will still look to move him. The question is players and salary. They will want and be offered more than MW & Bibby. This means we'll have to offer something of value like Al or Smith. Is Harris really worth Smith? If so, then what goes in the pf or center spot? Maybe we do a package wherein the nets get al or smith plus bibs in return for Harris and other fill like Yi.

• Like 1

That article is from may 10th when they thought the Nets were gonna win the Lottery. Now that they have not NO WAY do they trade Harris

I have no idea what that new owner is going to do with that team. He's talking a big game and probably wants to clean house. Harris didn't have that good a year and his weaknesses really showed. If the Nets think they can stregthen their team in the long run by moving Harris, I think they'll do it. That team was simply AWFUL last year.

Harris' deficiencies is why I suggested is it even worth trading one of our key pieces, Al and Smith, for a middle or the road PG? Teague could be a Harris clone, so why give up something to duplicate what you already have? The lure for the Hawks trading for Harris is to get experience and maybe pick up another piece for depth. I am just not convinced this is worth pursuing on the Hawks side.

One caveat- if the Nets want to give up Harris for Marvin and Bibby then by all means do that!

I posted this almost two weeks ago.

• Premium Member

I'm disappointed in Nire, he's usually all over these rethreads.

:sad:

In my defense, the rethreads usually come after about 2 hours, not 2 weeks.

I would much rather have Brooke Lopez to be honest. If that makes Josh Smith the 6th man then so be it.

Devin Harris has had one good season and even then his shooting wasn't anything to write him about. He is a good player, but outside of Marvin and Bibby I wouldn't trade anyone in the starting line up for him.

This is very good news. Question is what do they want for him? Marvin and Bibby. Wall will need a mentor to teach him?

that mentor thing is overrated. Who was Paul's, Deron's, or Jennings' etc. mentor?

Edited by Cwell

I'm disappointed in Nire, he's usually all over these rethreads.

I posted this almost two weeks ago

:sad:

In my defense, the rethreads usually come after about 2 hours, not 2 weeks.

Well, obviously I must've missed it that week because I didn't see this topic or never heard about this...this was news to me...so if you know you already seen this topic a while back, why click in it again, just to speak on it, keep it movin on to the next

that mentor thing is overrated. Who was Paul's, Deron's, or Jennings' etc. mentor?

Byron Scott (PG), Jerry Sloan, and Scott Skiles(PG). Also the same year Deron Williams really blew up, he had Derek Fisher on the roster.

• Like 1