• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sonic fan comments on Hawks coaching search

NJHAWK

"I am from Seattle. This is typical for Sund. Candidates are no better than the current Coach. Rick did a nice job of maintaining mediocrity in Seattle. I can assure you that he is not the GM to get you to the next level. Welcome to Seattle."

This is on a ajc blog. Mark Bradley also thinks that Casey is at the top of the list because SUND, well GEARON is scared off by Avery Johnson.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2010/05/23/the-hawks-search-is-avery-johnson-pushing-too-hard/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog

:beat:

Edited by NJHAWK

"I am from Seattle. This is typical for Sund. Candidates are no better than the current Coach. Rick did a nice job of maintaining mediocrity in Seattle. I can assure you that he is not the GM to get you to the next level. Welcome to Seattle."

This is on a ajc blog. Mark Bradley also thinks that Casey is at the top of the list because SUND, well GEARON is scared off by Avery Johnson.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2010/05/23/the-hawks-search-is-avery-johnson-pushing-too-hard/?cxntfid=blogs_mark_bradley_blog

:beat:

Im not saying this info isnt true but if the hawks are scared off by avery johnson why in the world did they give this man a second interview before even discussing things or meeting with casey or others. It's just weird that the hawks would interview avery johnson twice and be scared of him plus we interviewed him twice in less than a week! so it's kinda weird and just when i started to like casey a little bit i start to wonder is he really the best canindate for this team or is he just getting in cause he's sund friend! Im very displeased with whats going on with avery and sund if he's hiring casey cause he's his friend! oh and the ASG for allowing this to even happen!

• Premium Member

Everyone's entitled to their own analysis. It doesn't take a Seattle fan to know what happened in Seattle. If Sund fails to take the franchise to the next level, this will be somewhere down the list under a handful of roster decisions that are left to be seen. I know this much... it's become the mission of some to cyber-torture the man beyond recognition, which is typical of almost any GM who doesn't eventually find a way to hire Phil Jackson or Gregg Popovich or Jerry Sloan.

Edited by sturt

Who gives a crap what some bum in Seattle thinks ? What candidates is he talking about. Sund is bringing in the best head coaching candidates out there.

Sund is a proven GM who traded an old & washed up Gary Payton for a 28 year old Ray Allen in his prime. He made a great coaching hire in Nate and the shocked the whole league by winning the Pacific Division. He also refused to pay Rashard Lewis like he was Michael Jordan (smart move). That team was stacked with everything but a center. Like many GMs.........he was not scared to take a swing at 1st round centers. That was his only fault in Seattle. He missed on swinging for centers but when your picking 12-25 its easy to miss on a big man.

He did a great job while in Dallas too.

The Hawks are in good hands in my opinion.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

Who gives a crap what some bum in Seattle thinks ? What candidates is he talking about. Sund is bringing in the best head coaching candidates out there.

Sund is a proven GM who traded an old & washed up Gary Payton for a 28 year old Ray Allen in his prime. He made a great coaching hire in Nate and the shocked the whole league by winning the Pacific Division. He also refused to pay Rashard Lewis like he was Michael Jordan (smart move). That team was stacked with everything but a center. Like many GMs.........he was not scared to take a swing at 1st round centers. That was his only fault in Seattle. He missed on swinging for centers but when your picking 12-25 its easy to miss on a big man.

He did a great job while in Dallas too.

The Hawks are in good hands in my opinion.

You are right IMO coach. Sund did a great job in Seattle adding vets, working the cap, and he did so with very little money to play with (sounds familiar!). As long as he leaves the we have to draft the next great big man theory at the doorstep, he will be fine IMO as well.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

Seems to me that the landscape of the NBA is changing with salaries, coaching changes, the press to win NOW, etc and that means what worked in the past may not work present day. That being said . . . . only time will tell how he does.

Reality... pardon the question but... did you just arrive in a DeLorean? And is your last name McFly?

Seriously, how far back does one have to go to when any of the above NOT the case?