• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How valuable are Smoove and Horf.

Diesel

• Premium Member

There are a lot of people who think that both Smoove and Horf are PFs.

Here's my question.

Would you trade either for Andrew Bynum?

How about Greg Oden?

How about Brook Lopez?

:write a letter:

Or, how about Josh to Chicago for Joakim Noah + filler. Horford and Noah were together in school.

That way, Noah is center and Horford is PF.

Since JJ is apparently wanting out of Big A. he might go as the filler on the deal! Hah!

Seriously, what would we have to get to make it a balanced deal if both JJ and JS were to end up in Chicago?

:question:

:write a letter:

Or, how about Josh to Chicago for Joakim Noah + filler. Horford and Noah were together in school.

That way, Noah is center and Horford is PF.

Since JJ is apparently wanting out of Big A. he might go as the filler on the deal! Hah!

Seriously, what would we have to get to make it a balanced deal if both JJ and JS were to end up in Chicago?

:question:

Graymule, a wise man of your expierence would normally look at both sides of any situation.

What sense would that make for Chicago ? Noah is their starting Center. Why trade him for a PF ?

The Bulls can sign JJ without even doing a S & T. No way they include their starting center's cheap rookie contract in a S & T with JJ. All they will offer are less desirable contracts and positions that JJ would make them deep at.....such as K. Hinrich with his contract.

I agree it makes great sense from Hawks perspective but not from the Bulls.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Horf 'n Smoove (didn't they do, "Sometimes I Rhyme Slow?" back in the day?) are highly valuable in their own right and have the potential to be a great PF lineup... if Josh can be coaxed into becoming the Vinnie Johnson of forwards and bolster the bench behind Al.

Rather than trade one or the other for a C with their own injury-riddled/sophomore-jinx issues, I'd rather trade Marvin/Crawford/picks to get a C of approximate size+talent, and later, if necessary, evaluate and consider pulling in the guys you've mentioned when they become free agents. The gaps created at SG/SF by moving Marvin or Jamal will be easier to fill than at C by moving Horf.

~lw3

• Premium Member

If not for injuries I'd trade Josh for any of them. Especially Oden. But none of those teams would agree to that trade.

Actually, Bynum is on the trading block. I heard a discussion on the radio about how Lakers are through with him, his gimpy knee, and his lack of fire. They might try to get Bosh from Toronto for him.

• Premium Member

Horf 'n Smoove (didn't they do, "Sometimes I Rhyme Slow?" back in the day?) are highly valuable in their own right and have the potential to be a great PF lineup... if Josh can be coaxed into becoming the Vinnie Johnson of forwards and bolster the bench behind Al.

Rather than trade one or the other for a C with their own injury-riddled/sophomore-jinx issues, I'd rather trade Marvin/Crawford/picks to get a C of approximate size+talent, and later, if necessary, evaluate and consider pulling in the guys you've mentioned when they become free agents. The gaps created at SG/SF by moving Marvin or Jamal will be easier to fill than at C by moving Horf.

~lw3

lw, i wouldn't trade either of them unless NJ wants to part with Lopez.

Still, I would rather try to create capspace by moving Marvin or Bibby and see if it's possible to get Brad Miller in here. I don't think we need a starter, we just need a capable big in our big man rotation.

• Like 1

Bynum would be VERY VERY valuable if we ever meet up with Orlando again.

He is not as valuable vs. the Suns style of play but he sure would be vs. Orlando, Boston, & Cleveland.

I'd think long and hard on taking the chance and pull the trigger on a Smoove for Bynum deal. It would be doing Smoove a favor too. If the Zihn Master can't tame Smoove's game then know one can. Now I'm not saying I would do it but I would not be upset if it happened. I would be rather intrigued with seeing how the Hawks would then match up with bigger teams.

Edited by coachx

Bynum would be VERY VERY valuable if we ever meet up with Orlando again.

He is not as valuable vs. the Suns style of play but he sure would be vs. Orlando, Boston, & Cleveland.

I'd think long and hard on taking the chance and pull the trigger on a Smoove for Bynum deal. It would be doing Smoove a favor too. If the Zihn Master can't tame Smoove's game then know one can. Now I'm not saying I would do it but I would not be upset if it happened. I would be rather intrigued with seeing how the Hawks would then match up with bigger teams.

Ron Artest + Josh Smith + Odom + Gasol + Bryant = one seriously mentally messed up team. But one I would love to see. It would be even worse if and when Phil leaves.

Josh for Bynum: Talent wise yes, but given Bynum seems to be very injury prone, I will pass. LA would actually have to throw in something else to make this look good . That all said, I think LA is going to try and get a young PG for Bynum.

:cant believe:

Yeah. I know. These things never happen. Just something wild someone thinks up.

Never, never, ever would anyone trade Crawford for Speedy and Acie IV. Now that would

be harder to do than take Noah away from Chicago.

Still, you never know. Strange things do happen in the NBA.

GO DREAM!! 4-0

:headphones:

Here's my question.

How about Greg Oden?

How about Brook Lopez?

I would trade either one of them for Brook Lopez.

Oden and Bynum certaintly have the talent to be top tier centers but both have medical issues which have held them back to date.

Never, never, ever would anyone trade Crawford for Speedy and Acie IV. Now that would

be harder to do than take Noah away from Chicago.

Gray...........you make me wonder how much grasp sometimes.

You do understand Law, Sheldon, & Speedy were expiring contracts and that expiring contracts are very valuable to teams looking to cut salary. I hope you realize that but you don't seem to by the sound of your last post. Many of us saw a trade like that coming. Their were endless trade propsals for Speedy's expiring contract. We had been waiting 4 years to get rid of him and knew that we could not until he became an expiring contract.......Same with Sheldon Williams.

Chicago is looking to add salary....not cut it. Chicago's current situation is nothing like Golden State's last year.They are already way under the cap. Plus Noah is on a cheap rooky contract making like $4 mill a year while Crawford was making $10 mill for a team that just drafted Steph Curry and already had Monta Ellis as combo guards.

The only expiring contract we have next year is Jamal Crawford but he is in neither of your trade scenerios. Crawford combined with a trade exception could be very valuable for us.

Edited by coachx

That all said, I think LA is going to try and get a young PG for Bynum.

I think you are you are right.

They can cherry pick off the top using the MLE and LLE to get some solid bigs off the bench.

Some veteran bigs may prefer to play for the Lakers for the LLE over a team like Atlanta for the MLE.

• Moderators

Here's my question.

How about Greg Oden?

How about Brook Lopez?

I wouldn't do it. What have those 3 done since they've been in the league. Lopez has a nice offensive game but he couldn't come close to stopping Al despite a huge height advantage. Bynum and Oden are injuries waiting to happen.

Smoove and Horford have to start playing tougher. In the regular season, it's not much of an issue because those two are usually the best PF and C in that particular game. There are enough mediocre to bad teams across this league that we'll have an advantage.

The Playoffs are a different story.

In in the Playoffs, you have to play tough, both mentally and physically. That's where the problem is. The Hawks, as a whole, are a soft basketball team. We just don't really see that, until the playoffs roll around. And while Horford and Smith are good players, then tend to look soft at times during the postseason. As does JJ . . and Marvin . . and the rest of the squad.

I wouldn't mind Noah+Hinrich or Brook Lopez, or even Derrick Favors for Smoove. Would it happen? No. Maybe Favors.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

lw, i wouldn't trade either of them unless NJ wants to part with Lopez.

Still, I would rather try to create capspace by moving Marvin or Bibby and see if it's possible to get Brad Miller in here. I don't think we need a starter, we just need a capable big in our big man rotation.

You have a trade Marvin obsession when he can be a really good player for us. Bibby contract is not going nowhere. The best piece we have outside of Smith/Horford is Crawford.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I thought Brad Miller was the starting Center for the Bulls...

Every time I saw a Bulls' highlight Noah was on the bench; or calling LeBron "corny" for dancing...

I'd love to have Noah but I still think he'd get skinned alive by Dwight Howard on the regular; this isn't Gainesville and we won't be playing the likes of South Carolina or Vanderbilt...

Smoove for Andre Biedrens and the #6 pick

We get a rebounding bigman who can defend

Al moves to PF

the pick gives us some flexibility

Bibby,Marvin #6,and #24 and our #1 next year for CP3

resign Joe

with our Mle we chase Raja Bell,Craig Smith,and Hakim Warrick

Biedrens/Zaza

Al/Craig smith or Warrick or maybe both

JJ/Craig Smith

Bell/Craw

Paul/teague