• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How valuable are Smoove and Horf.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I would trade either one of them for Brook Lopez.

Oden and Bynum certaintly have the talent to be top tier centers but both have medical issues which have held them back to date.

I'd take Lopez too. I'd really hate to lose either Horf or Smoove, but I just don't have a whole lot of faith in the both of them paired together. In the regular season, sure. Not against the best teams in the league though and certainly not against those with big front lines. We keep hearing about how this team needs size, but the issue is because of how we've cornered ourselves into this front court. Wasn't it Walter going on an on about this...?

Anywho, I'm getting the feeling that we need to start taking a long hard look at our 4-5. Can these two get us there?

• Premium Member

I'd take Lopez too. I'd really hate to lose either Horf or Smoove, but I just don't have a whole lot of faith in the both of them paired together. In the regular season, sure. Not against the best teams in the league though and certainly not against those with big front lines. We keep hearing about how this team needs size, but the issue is because of how we've cornered ourselves into this front court. Wasn't it Walter going on an on about this...?

Anywho, I'm getting the feeling that we need to start taking a long hard look at our 4-5. Can these two get us there?

That's basically the nuts and bolts of it. I love Horf, I just don't think he's a PF on this level. I think he's too slow offensively and defensively to be effective. I think he's strong enough to be effective as a C. Our problem comes with Josh Smith and his mental breakdowns. Smoove can be a top 3 PF in this league and I mean that while saying that I know about: KG, Dirk, Aldrich, Jefferson, Lewis, Jamison, Bosh, West, Boozer, Gasol, Randolph, Duncan, Stoudamire, Durant, and Murphy are in the league. Smoove can be top 3. That's because he has the potential to be dominant on both sides of the ball. He just doesn't have the BBIQ, Mentality, and focus yet, but some of those are coaching issues. That's why it's very important we get the right coach in here. Somebody who can teach, motivate, and punish if necessary.

What about size? Until Horf learns how to be Ben Wallace defensively, we ought to go out and get a good big for our rotation. Nobody too expensive but somebody who is better than the Journeymen we have been bringing in.

That's basically the nuts and bolts of it. I love Horf, I just don't think he's a PF on this level. I think he's too slow offensively and defensively to be effective. I think he's strong enough to be effective as a C. Our problem comes with Josh Smith and his mental breakdowns. Smoove can be a top 3 PF in this league and I mean that while saying that I know about: KG, Dirk, Aldrich, Jefferson, Lewis, Jamison, Bosh, West, Boozer, Gasol, Randolph, Duncan, Stoudamire, Durant, and Murphy are in the league. Smoove can be top 3. That's because he has the potential to be dominant on both sides of the ball. He just doesn't have the BBIQ, Mentality, and focus yet, but some of those are coaching issues. That's why it's very important we get the right coach in here. Somebody who can teach, motivate, and punish if necessary.

What about size? Until Horf learns how to be Ben Wallace defensively, we ought to go out and get a good big for our rotation. Nobody too expensive but somebody who is better than the Journeymen we have been bringing in.

That's bogus talk, Al Horford would be one of the most athletic PF's in the game. Only All Star level PF's more athletic is Amare. Your telling me that Gasol, Lee, or Bosh is more athletic than Horford. Not even close my friend. As for center, he's looks poor v. quality centers and with the next couple of draft classes having a bevy of good centers, expect teams to start true centers again in the future. Smoove can be a top 3 PF, but could he be the best, no. He has more weaknesses than BBIQ and his physical limitations hurt him at getting to that next level which would be elite. Coaching can not do anything for Smith on that note. What he needs to work on is being the best defender in the NBA outside of Howard. Horford has a lot more offensive potential than defensive potential. He's not capable of becoming Ben Wallace on defense.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

• Premium Member

That's bogus talk, Al Horford would be one of the most athletic PF's in the game. Only All Star level PF's more athletic is Amare. Your telling me that Gasol, Lee, or Bosh is more athletic than Horford. Not even close my friend. As for center, he's looks poor v. quality centers and with the next couple of draft classes having a bevy of good centers, expect teams to start true centers again in the future. Smoove can be a top 3 PF, but could he be the best, no. He has more weaknesses than BBIQ and his physical limitations hurt him at getting to that next level which would be elite. Coaching can not do anything for Smith on that note. What he needs to work on is being the best defender in the NBA outside of Howard. Horford has a lot more offensive potential than defensive potential. He's not capable of becoming Ben Wallace on defense.

Can Horf guard Lewis, Bosh, Durant, Jamison, Randolph, Diaw, Beasley, Illyasova, etc??

Can Horf guard Lewis, Bosh, Jamison, Randolph, Diaw, Beasley, Illyasova, etc??

Yes. I took out Durant because he's a SG/SF who no one in the NBA can defend without issues. Horford is a better perimeter defender than Smith by a good margin.