• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If you could ask our potential new coach one question what would it be?

NJHAWK

Lets say your Rick Sund conducting interviews for our new coach, what is the one question you would ask him if you were only allowed to ask one?

Here is mine: In your view of the Hawks who is the one player ( realisically obtainable) not on this team right now that you would want to come here to help fufill your vision of what your Atlanta Hawks would look like and why do you think we need him?

Lets say your Rick Sund conducting interviews for our new coach, what is the one question you would ask him if you were only allowed to ask one?

Here is mine: In your view of the Hawks who is the one player ( realisically obtainable) not on this team right now that you would want to come here to help fufill your vision of what your Atlanta Hawks would look like and why do you think we need him?

What roles do you envision both offensively and defensively for the current roster? Answer as if JJ is resigned and if he were not resigned.

That questions is quite broad...........but a good one. I would get much more specific.

1. What are you thoughts on Josh Smith ?

What would you change about his game ?

How would you discipline him using specific examples ?

2nd would be the offense.

If I were GM, I would ask any serious candidate to spend a little time watching tape, WITH ME, on the Hawks. I would actually want to watch some tape with them and see their "live" reactions to specific circumstances.

Examples:

1. Watch random 4th quarters where we are giving up some of the many leads we lost. I would pause it every few minutes to get their thoughts and opinions. (No way our coaching candidate has seen every Hawks game and every 4th quarter collapse.) We could get some honest reactions doing that b/c he would probably be seeing it for the 1st time.

2. Watch film of Teague and Bibby and then get his take.

3. Watch Smith's good and bad moments. Be sure he has seen all his potential AND his bad moments before getting his opinions that he practiced infront of his bathroom mirror before the interview.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

With only one question, I would go broad and I would ask him to explain the philosophy he would bring to this team and how he would apply it to improve the team going forward.

With one specific question, I would ask him to identify the one player he feels has the most untapped potential (due to being misused, underutilized, etc.) and how he would work with that player to develop and change his approach and/or role for the 2010-11 season.

I would ask the candidate to tell me what he would do to maximize the talent that is currently on the team. What I would be angling for is him to tell me of an increased role for Al Horford, Josh Smith, Marvin Williams, and Jeff Teague.

A secondary question would be how would he get Josh Smith to be the player he actually is and not the player he thinks he is?