• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gilbert Arenas

dakast

Would any of you guys be interested in Gilbert Arenas? I checked the ESPN trade machine and their is actually a trade that we could do to gain his services.....it would require trading Bibby and Josh Smith for Arenas.

PG - Arenas / Teague

SG - Joe Johnson / Crawford

SF - Marvin Williams / ????

PF - Al Horford / ????

C - ????? / Pachulia

Anyone think that team would be worth seeing or am i way off? :question:

No to Arenas.

Arenas = Team Cancer

The Wizards will take garbage for him b/c he is garbage.

I don't care if we lose JJ for a trade exception and then the Wiz offer trade exception / Marvin / Bibby for Arenas. I want no part of Arenas.

• Like 1

Man I would rather stick it out with Bibby. The last thing we need is a guy to average 11 points 4 assisst 6 T.Os and 3 gun cases over the course of the year. No thanks. I wouldn't trade Mario for him.

Would any of you guys be interested in Gilbert Arenas? I checked the ESPN trade machine and their is actually a trade that we could do to gain his services.....it would require trading Bibby and Josh Smith for Arenas.

PG - Arenas / Teague

PF - Al Horford / ????

C - ????? / Pachulia

Very cautiously, I'm down with it. Check my new off-season plan in the trade section that references a deal for him.

As far as 20-4+-4+ dudes go, my distaste for Joe pales in comparison for my venomous hate for Gilbert Arenas' and Monta Ellis' games. Just plain stupid players who don't even know their own games, let alone their teammates'. The Wizards would be smart to bar John Wall from even meeting that dude. I would turn from an every-game-watching fan to not even checking the highlights if we ever signed that moron. Al would beat him half to death all over the locker room before the All-Star break over something trivial.

Wow, I didn't know so many people disliked Arenas. I actually thought this would be a good trade for both teams. I especially like it for the Hawks because it puts Horford at his natural position and gives us another consistent scorer. Also, I think that Arenas will be eager to show that he's not a trouble maker once he gets back in action, i also think he'll be eager to show that he can be a good team mate. Lastly, I think this trade would be enough to prove to Joe Johnson that this team is willing to surround him with players that can help him.

The only problem i see (and i'm sure one of you will let me know if i'm right or wrong) is that this might affect wether or not we can resign Horford.

I could be wrong, and i'm sure this WILL NOT HAPPEN, but I think it could make for a good situation.

PG - Arenas / Teague

PF - Al Horford / ????

C - ????? / Pachulia

I wouldn't want Arenas under any circumstance. He is completely unreliable at this point.

Simply for the sake of dialogue dakast in respect to your original post and then follow up saying this trade would allow horford to play his natural position.... your train of thought assumes the hawks could find a good starting center after shipping smoove out of town.

They haven't been able to accomplish that since deke was waiving his finger in people's faces.

Assuming the hawks can find a center to pair with horford that is better than a horford smith combination barring a trade in which that center is involved is a stretch at best.

The hawks need to see if kevin mchale is dumb enough to split up al jefferson and love in a swap for smith.

Simply for the sake of dialogue dakast in respect to your original post and then follow up saying this trade would allow horford to play his natural position.... your train of thought assumes the hawks could find a good starting center after shipping smoove out of town.

They haven't been able to accomplish that since deke was waiving his finger in people's faces.

Assuming the hawks can find a center to pair with horford that is better than a horford smith combination barring a trade in which that center is involved is a stretch at best.

The hawks need to see if kevin mchale is dumb enough to split up al jefferson and love in a swap for smith.

That makes a lot of sense. It would be crazy to make that trade without knowing if you could get a good center first.

Wow . . . I might have to disown the Hawks, if we acquired Arenas. It's bad enough that I would have to root for Crawford. Now I'd have to root for ARENAS TOO?

Nah . . . couldn't do it. All of those bad shots would drive me crazy. Arenas is the Anti-Point. He only looks to get other people involved when HIS SHOT is falling. If it isn't, he's going to continue to shoot, until it is.

At least when JJ is cold, he'll throttle the shots down and pass it more. Arenas? He'll shoot more . . . and shoot you right out of the game.

I'd rather root for the dang Grizzlies full time, than to root for Arenas in a Hawks uniform.

Wow . . . I might have to disown the Hawks, if we acquired Arenas. It's bad enough that I would have to root for Crawford. Now I'd have to root for ARENAS TOO?

Nah . . . couldn't do it. All of those bad shots would drive me crazy. Arenas is the Anti-Point. He only looks to get other people involved when HIS SHOT is falling. If it isn't, he's going to continue to shoot, until it is.

At least when JJ is cold, he'll throttle the shots down and pass it more. Arenas? He'll shoot more . . . and shoot you right out of the game.

I'd rather root for the dang Grizzlies full time, than to root for Arenas in a Hawks uniform.

Completely disagree. Before this year, maybe. This year Arenas has been unselfish. Averaged 7.3 assists per game.

Joe throttle the shots down and pass it more? Not under Woody.

Edited by GameTime