• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Joe the same player without Woody?

Wurider05

You really think this offense fits JJ's strengths? An offense that has him going 1-on-5 all game? Wow is all I can say.......JJ is one of the leagues most versatile scorers he would do well in any system. This offense was certainly not the "optimal offense for JJ's skills". What are you basing that on?

joe came here to be the man. he always wanted the ball in his hands. he dribbled the cloak away until 4 guys were on & then forced the shot. he passed poorly out of this. why didnt he pass to someone whom wasnt guarded under he basket instead of someone like bibby,marvin or josh on the perimeter. this team will never be an uptempo team with jj on it. why did he always choke in big games or taking the last shot to win a game. jjs time is up here,he needs to go

Edited by rusty

I asked this question a few months back. IMO, Joe is going to be amazing with the new team he signs with. The problem here has been the absence of actual coaching. Joe probably thought high usage and possession of the ball in 75% of offensive sets was good for him, but that's why he is a player. Good coaches like Phil Jackson convince Jordan and Kobe that sharing the ball is the best option. Woody basically said "I'm not getting on guys about offense as long as they defend" Joe was one of our most consistent defenders, so he never got coached on the offensive end. When he goes to NY, Miami or Chicago he'll get coaching on that end and he'll be better.

right, ha,ha ok if you think so