• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Meet the New Owners

KB21

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/0903/16aolbios.html

It is an investment group of 8 people. Four from Atlanta, three from Washington, and one from Boston.

In another article, Michael Gearon Jr. stated that they have some exciting things to say but they have to wait till the press conference. By all accounts, this IS INDEED a binding agreement, not a letter of intent.

• Premium Member

This group I would dare to say is probably going to watch the affairs of the Hawks closely.

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/sto...editorial3.html

About Gearon Jr. I would say.... It's not fair. He is a graduate of Marist and GSU...

Anyway.

I think that he more than anyone will be very excited about the Hawks. He grew up with his father being team president. So he and maybe Seydell would have a lot to say about the team.

I wonder if this means that:

Turner is silently pulling strings?

Jordan can be added on in time. (two of the washington guys were part owners of the bullets. I was doing my research and there's no connection.. However, it's a though.

Belkin might bring in M. L. Carr or Bird??

I am glad someone (more like some people) stepped up to the plate and we are finally going to put some stability into this organization.

I knew there were major problems with the purchase from McDavid because it took too long and any owner in their right mind wouldn't put his potential organization through so much limbo and uncertainty in the offseason.

We are finally stabilizing for the future and now we can legitimately make moves with the notion that we have permanent owners.

Also, I am glad McDavid didn't win the purchase. He just didn't impress me at all.

These guys will be impressive and they have some local ties which is very important.

FINALLY!!!

I'll ask here as well, what do sr and jr do in ATL?

wait

In reply to:

Michael Gearon, Sr.

An avid fan of the team, and oh-by-the-way, also the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Hawks. Gearon never misses a game and might be the guy that guides Belkin and Carr through the ins and outs of the current organization.

Michael Gearon, Jr.

Michael was named Vice Chairman of American Tower in December 2001 and serves as President of American Tower International. In 1990, Michael launched Gearon & Co., Inc., and within five years, the site acquisition business grew into a multi-million dollar company with over 150 employees. In 1998, Gearon Communications merged with American Tower, enabling ATC to get large volumes of sites through zoning and permitting. Michael attended the University of Georgia and Georgia State University where he graduated [censored] Laude in 1989 with a Bachelor of Inter-disciplinary Studies.

Is he some sort of real estate tycoon or something? Remember I'm not an american so I'm not a 100% clear what this means (sites, zoning etc etc).