• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Solomon Alabi?

PaceRam

What are the chances Solomon Alabi will be available when the Hawks pick at #24 and IF he is available would you select him? All I know about him is he has great size (7'1" and app 250lbs) and he played for FSU where I think he had a decent 2010 season.

What are the chances Solomon Alabi will be available when the Hawks pick at #24 and IF he is available would you select him? All I know about him is he has great size (7'1" and app 250lbs) and he played for FSU where I think he had a decent 2010 season.

dont know about him but his size is intresting especially his height! u dont see alot of 7 footers coming to the NBA league these days, they always be 1 inch under 7 foot today!

he may go a few spots before but if he's there, i takeh im in a heartbeat....he blocked shots and has very soft hands....i think had the top free throw percentage on the team...needs a little more lower body strength but definitely has the build for it...can hit some face up shots and his post game improved well from his freshmen to his sophmore year for someone in his position......he has great character, works hard, improves at a good clip and has great potential...some expected him to do a little bit more this past season than even he did, but as an fsu fan, i fault mostly the fact that the coach, leonard hamilton isn't very good on the offensive side of the ball in x's and o's...basically he's like the woody version of offense, iso everything (although his defensive coaching is elite)..

Look at it this way. If a guy that big fell to #24, you'd have to raise some big time questions about the dude.

The Hawks have to take the best available player at #24. We can't let some potential big time player go past us, simply because we have a "need" at center. If a guy like Paul George or Xavier Henry freefalls through the draft for whatever reason, we probably can't afford to pass a player of that caliber up, just to take a center.

As for Alabi . . . nbadraft.net compares him to the infamous lottery pick that Sund made while in Seattle . . and Walter's boy . . . Saer Sene.

No thanks.

Look at it this way. If a guy that big fell to #24, you'd have to raise some big time questions about the dude.

The Hawks have to take the best available player at #24. We can't let some potential big time player go past us, simply because we have a "need" at center. If a guy like Paul George or Xavier Henry freefalls through the draft for whatever reason, we probably can't afford to pass a player of that caliber up, just to take a center.

As for Alabi . . . nbadraft.net compares him to the infamous lottery pick that Sund made while in Seattle . . and Walter's boy . . . Saer Sene.

No thanks.

I'm an FSU fan and would love it if Alabi fell to #24. I wish he had demanded the ball more in the post. FSU's team relied on defense and he was good in the post and used his size when he got the ball. I'd say his ceiling is Deke with a possible bust potential like Sene. Realistically, I think he fits somewhere in the middle.

I have read in a couple of different places that Alabi has unlimited potential and should have a bright NBA future but he may need some time and experience to reach his potential. But, it might be nice to have him on board defending some of the bigger Centers in the League even if it is just playing on a limited basis while he gets that needed experience.

HILARIOUS ! You just called George a "big time player !"

Have you ever even seen him play or are you just going off websites written by guys who also never watched him play ?