• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Season Ticket Holders

Vol4ever

If the Hawks hire Casey or Drew as the Hawks coach, how will the season ticket holders react? It appears the Hawks have taken the cheap way out again.

Your take?

Being a season ticket holder I will have to take the wait and see aproach. I am dissapointed we didn't get Avery but it Is actually be more important what we do player wise!!!

I actually chose to not renew this year and do the "Wait and see" approach with the handling of the free agent market this summer....but luckily I got a job out of state so now I don't have that hard of a decision. I'll probably get League Pass so that I can watch all of the games from afar.

Still love my Hawks though I won't be there for 42 games plus the playoffs.

• Moderators

Avery would have reigned in some new holders and probably caused a few incumbent holders to lock down early.

Alas, since none of the remaining candidates have a combination of name-recognition and trustworthiness, those who haven't re-upped already will continue to sit on their hands, waiting to see how the Joe saga shakes out and what new additions come on board.

~lw3

Being a season ticket holder I will have to take the wait and see aproach. I am dissapointed we didn't get Avery but it Is actually be more important what we do player wise!!!

This is a good answer. While a new "big name" coach may have generate initial interest, most fans are looking to see how this team will look going into next year. I think college fans get energized more by a big name coach, than pro fans do. Unless it's a huge name like a Phil Jackson, I don't necessarily see a coach having an effect on the box office.

I do have to ask this though.

If season ticket holders DON'T renew their tickets, isn't that an indictment on the young talent that we'd have here, despite a potential departure of Joe Johnson? This team will still have Josh Smith, Al Horford, Jamal Crawford, and the PG that everyone wants to see develop in Jeff Teague. So that's not enough for season ticket holders to renew?

• Moderators

If season ticket holders DON'T renew their tickets, isn't that an indictment on the young talent that we'd have here, despite a potential departure of Joe Johnson? This team will still have Josh Smith, Al Horford, Jamal Crawford, and the PG that everyone wants to see develop in Jeff Teague. So that's not enough for season ticket holders to renew?

What may occur is that Joe leaves without providing something in return, AND the resultant desperation to stay competitive causes a trade involving Josh, Al, Craw, and/or Blink. So it's sensible for some to just see how it all shakes out first.

~lw3