• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lang sits down with Drew

Dnice

Larry Drew:

LD: That’s part of looking at our team and seeing what some of the issues are that have slowed us down and kept us from making that next big jump. Offensively, a lot of people are seeing the same thing. When you have five guys out there playing together, five guys out there moving the basketball, and five guy out there who are a threat, you become a much more potent team, and that’s something that I’m definitely planning on implementing, so we can have all guys out on the floor being a threat. Not all five guys necessarily being scorers, but all five guys being a threat. We have the capability of obviously Joe having a big night, or Josh Smith or Al having a big night, even the capability of Marvin having a big night. And Jamal coming off the bench is obviously a guy who can score in bunches. We just want to add a few things, subtract a few things just to make us a better ballclub.

Larry Drew just sold me. I think that he gets it. No way JJ comes back for this though!!!

Edited by Wurider05

I don't like the assumption that Joe wouldn't want to come back because the offense isn't going to be only him. I actually think that's more incentive for him to come back. Some fans here say that Joe doesn't want to stay because whenever the Hawks lose big, they come down on him pretty badly. The only reason the fans do that is because the offense is ran through him 90% of the time. With the iso-ball being avoided now, I think that takes a lot of pressure off of Joe.

Great article by Lang as always.

Edited by TeamDime10
  • Like 2

I don't like the assumption that Joe wouldn't want to come back because the offense isn't going to be only him. I actually think that's more incentive for him to come back. Some fans here say that Joe doesn't want to stay because whenever the Hawks lose big, they come down on him pretty badly. The only reason the fans do that is because the offense is ran through him 90% of the time. With the iso-ball being avoided now, I think that takes a lot of pressure off of Joe.

Great article by Lang as always.

+1 internets for you. Remember how happy Joe was when we signed Crawford because the Hawks suddenly had another scoring option. Joes mintues were supposed to go down.

The only factor that determines if Joe stays or leaves is $$$ (This isn't a shot at his caracter. Most would do the same.)

Edited by ATLSmith

+1 internets for you. Remember how happy Joe was when we signed Crawford because the Hawks suddenly had another scoring option. Joes mintues were supposed to go down.

The only factor that determines if Joe stays or leaves is $$$ (This isn't a shot at his caracter. Most would do the same.)

Exactly. The guy whose minutes did go down was Mike Bibby, and Marvin Williams to a lesser extent. Mike Woodson played Joe and Jamal together a good portion of the time.