• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Players who Woody bump heads with.

Brotha2ThaNite

Here is the link on NBA.com where he talks about Woody having problems with Smoove, Chillz, Zaza and Anthony Johnson. I knew about all but AJ. Thou I did hear and see crazy video about AJ going at it with Woody. I didn't think much of it. I respect what AJ brought to the table when he was here. For him to truly have beef with Woody speaks a lot.

It was funny to see how excited Zaza seemed when they interviewed about LD being the new coach. He also said Mo Evans too. That's a lot of players...

Also, I think you linked the wrong video. It's the video after the one you linked. Here is the link

Edited by AHawks89

It was funny to see how excited Zaza seemed when they interviewed about LD being the new coach. He also said Mo Evans too. That's a lot of players...

Also, I think you linked the wrong video. It's the video after the one you linked. Here is the link

ZaZa likes to play and Woody seemed lost on how to use him. Which should not suprise anyone. A coach not focusing on a particular end of the court is inviting chaos on that end. Everyone likes to know where they stand. With Woody it seems that applied to only a chosen few...

ZaZa likes to play and Woody seemed lost on how to use him. Which should not suprise anyone. A coach not focusing on a particular end of the court is inviting chaos on that end. Everyone likes to know where they stand. With Woody it seems that applied to only a chosen few...

Agreed.

ZaZa is a 15 mpg center on a top 8 team.

Woodson used him just right in my opinion........EXCEPT for when Smoove needed the bench to teach him a lesson.

The problem was Woody letting Smoove do whatever he wanted while ZaZa rots on the bench. ZaZa would get benched and put in the dog house for very little. Then he sees Smoove act like a total *ss and Woody simply turns the other way like nothing happened.

Accountability starts now ! (I hope)

Edited by coachx

Agreed.

ZaZa is a 15 mpg center on a top 8 team.

Woodson used him just right in my opinion........EXCEPT for when Smoove needed the bench to teach him a lesson.

The problem was Woody letting Smoove do whatever he wanted while ZaZa rots on the bench. ZaZa would get benched and put in the dog house for very little. Then he sees Smoove act like a total *ss and Woody simply turns the other way like nothing happened.

Accountability starts now ! (I hope)

It is so weird how some people have now tried to turn Josh Smith into Woody's pet, when all we've seen over the years is them butting heads numerous times and Josh Smith being sent to the locker room during at least one game that I remember . . .

Woody turned the other way when Josh would do something? That is completely laughable from my point of view. Why would Larry Drew always have to get in between them, if that were the case?

Woody singled out Josh Smith more than any other player . . .

It is so weird how some people have now tried to turn Josh Smith into Woody's pet, when all we've seen over the years is them butting heads numerous times and Josh Smith being sent to the locker room during at least one game that I remember . . .

Woody turned the other way when Josh would do something? That is completely laughable from my point of view. Why would Larry Drew always have to get in between them, if that were the case?

Woody singled out Josh Smith more than any other player . . .

Maybe so but Smoove still got away with chucking threes way to long; and the reason IMO is he had no idea what to do with Smoove when running ISO JJ. Just post him and Marvin at the 3pt line so JJ would have a clearer interior. Smoove did what Woody wanted him to do; but him getting the ball that far out with the clock running down was almost always a disaster...

I can see Smoove taking offense at Woody; what the hell else was he suppose to do? Either shoot the ball or take a shot clock violation. Not much of a choice IMO.

Edited by Buzzard

Every player showed up at Larry Drew's PC except Joe Johnson & Joe Smith.

From AJC:

Hawks players said Drew will offer a distinctive style and approach different from Woodson. By the end of Drew's news conference, every player on Atlanta's 2009-10 roster except for Johnson and Joe Smith had filed in to show support.

Maybe so but Smoove still got away with chucking threes way to long; and the reason IMO is he had no idea what to do with Smoove when running ISO JJ. Just post him and Marvin at the 3pt line so JJ would have a clearer interior. Smoove did what Woody wanted him to do; but him getting the ball that far out with the clock running down was almost always a disaster...

I can see Smoove taking offense at Woody; what the hell else was he suppose to do? Either shoot the ball or take a shot clock violation. Not much of a choice IMO.

Agreed. Was it Joe or Bibby that asked what Woody wanted him to do if he kept putting Josh out there in the position to take/have to take threes?

Edited by YP2K

Smoove was one of the main players on the team who wanted to see ball movement. I can not wait to see how he does this year. Remember Josh Smith is the best passer on the team, imo. Dude is going to be a beast with this new offense.

• Premium Member

ZaZa coould not guard anyone on this board period. He is the first one to go if Im coach or GM. He has 0 skills, can't even make a layup. He is a joke and has hurt this team as a backup center.

In terms of talent youre right, but when it comes to attitude and being a team player Za holds a huge advantage. n

false, when has Smoove not been a team player?? exactly... Also if Za-Za had an bad attitude or didnt' care for the coach, no one would report because Za-Za is not that great of a player in the first place..

• Moderators

AJ and Bibby had issues because some of the guys didn't know what to do on offense and Woody wasn't getting them in the right positions. As far as Zaza goes I give Woody credit there. I think he may have been underused the last couple years as a low post scorer for the 2nd team (which he did well his first couple) but Woody turned Zaza froma soft euro-center to an enforcer. You didn't see that toughness when he first came. here.

Don't forget Solo and "That's Why I Don't Play You" Acie.

~lw3

and Tony Delk and Salim, and maybe Jon Barry

There was a euro report last year that Childress didn't wanna play for Woody.I wonder

if he would be more open to coming back to the Hawks , now that Woody is gone.

• Like 1

ZaZa coould not guard anyone on this board period. He is the first one to go if Im coach or GM. He has 0 skills, can't even make a layup. He is a joke and has hurt this team as a backup center.

The numbers don't back that up. The numbers show that while Zaza may be overmatched as a starter who gets 30-35 minutes per game, he is actually much more valuable than the seldom used back up he was this past season. Over the past two years, when Zaza and Al have been on the floor together, the Hawks are +5.3 per 100 possessions. Despite popular opinion, Zaza can be that true center that allows Atlanta to play Al Horford at power forward for 10-15 minutes per game. Also, contrary to popular opinion, the Hawks do not need to go get a center that will allow them to play Al Horford at power forward full time. In fact, Al is pretty much right at the average size and wingspan in the NBA.

The numbers don't back that up. The numbers show that while Zaza may be overmatched as a starter who gets 30-35 minutes per game, he is actually much more valuable than the seldom used back up he was this past season. Over the past two years, when Zaza and Al have been on the floor together, the Hawks are +5.3 per 100 possessions. Despite popular opinion, Zaza can be that true center that allows Atlanta to play Al Horford at power forward for 10-15 minutes per game. Also, contrary to popular opinion, the Hawks do not need to go get a center that will allow them to play Al Horford at power forward full time. In fact, Al is pretty much right at the average size and wingspan in the NBA.

ZaZa is a good backup center. He just needs a power forward along side him to help out. Our backup power forwards have been the biggest 2nd team frontline problem all along; not our backup center.