• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mark Bradley hits the nail on the head with a bowling ball

NJHAWK

• Moderators

Casey, Demopoulos, and Corbin right off the top of my head. He ran the 2nd team in practice and probably broke down film ( this is just a guess ).

Casey is a former head coach and I don't remember Demopoulos and Corbin being more than rumors (any confirmed interviews with them?). I do continue to be scared of a guy who was not even allowed to have a meaningful role as an assistant. Running the second team, IMO, is not a meaningful role as far as showing something for head coach. D'Antoni as an assistant, Thibodeau as an assistant...those are meaningful roles in that they can be said to directly shape the team and have a real role in the success of the team.

I think it will take a special person to go from having their hands tied to stepping into the leadership role for the team after 6 years of the players watching your suggestions get shot down and ignored. I hope Drew is the type of dynamic person who will be able to do that. I am just not optimistic coming out of the gates for the reasons I have mentioned.

Casey is a former head coach and I don't remember Demopoulos and Corbin being more than rumors (any confirmed interviews with them?). I do continue to be scared of a guy who was not even allowed to have a meaningful role as an assistant. Running the second team, IMO, is not a meaningful role as far as showing something for head coach. D'Antoni as an assistant, Thibodeau as an assistant...those are meaningful roles in that they can be said to directly shape the team and have a real role in the success of the team.

I think it will take a special person to go from having their hands tied to stepping into the leadership role for the team after 6 years of the players watching your suggestions get shot down and ignored. I hope Drew is the type of dynamic person who will be able to do that. I am just not optimistic coming out of the gates for the reasons I have mentioned.

Phone interview with Demopoulous and not sure about Corbin. AJC reported both were candidates. I was talking about current assistants as candidates. Avery was the only former head coach who was out of coaching I think. Everyone else we considered was a active assistant except Jackson who has no coaching experience...

• Moderators

Phone interview with Demopoulous and not sure about Corbin. AJC reported both were candidates. I was talking about current assistants as candidates. Avery was the only former head coach who was out of coaching I think. Everyone else we considered was a active assistant except Jackson who has no coaching experience...

A consider an assistant coach who doesn't run any aspect of the starting team versus an assistant who is a former head coach as apples to oranges but I get where you are coming from. I just think there is a good reason we didn't look strongly at less experienced guys like Demopoulous and Corbin.