• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The new PAC 10 North and PAC 10 South

coachx

I am not a PAC 10 fan but just wanted to get you guys take.

With Colorodo joining and Utah set to join I would assume this would be how its divided:

PAC 10 North

Washington

Washinton St.

Oregon

Oregon St.

Utah

Colorodo

PAC 10 South

Stanford

California

USC

UCLA

Arizona

Arizona St.

I hope Utah wins the PAC 10 just to prove the rest of the country was right about the PAC 10 all along.

GO UTAH !

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

That's pretty much the split necessary to keep the rivalries together, particularly in the 'South' (Cal-Stanford in particular).

The division split will give lower-profile teams like the Utes many opportunities to participate in championship contests.

~lw3

• Moderators

Even Jim Harrick's kids would flunk his tests now:

Q: How many teams are there in the Pac 10? The Big 10? The Big 12?

~lw3

They need badly to change the names of these conferences. Maybe the Pacific Coast Conference? Or the Big Midwest? They are just comically outdated at this point.

• Moderators

They need badly to change the names of these conferences. Maybe the Pacific Coast Conference? Or the Big Midwest? They are just comically outdated at this point.

Even the Big "TEN" logo is outdated. Remember how they snuck the "11" in the "TEN" lettering to account for Penn State?

I'm going for the Heartland Athletic Conference ("da hack") for the Big "12". Or maybe they should simply add quotation marks around the numbers.

~lw3

• Moderators

Just looking at the Big 10 with 12 teams and the Big 12 with 10 teams is beyond ridiculous. Lesson learned commissioners - don't include the number of teams in the name of your conference.

I hope Utah wins the PAC 10 just to prove the rest of the country was right about the PAC 10 all along.

GO UTAH !

Actually (and Bruin already said the same)...I don't think Utah winning will show anything other than Utah being a top-notch program. They whooped Alabama's arse year before.

I do agree with your setup though. I kinda hope Colorado can get their act together. Back when I lived out there they were contenders in the B12. They have "nice" facilities - but they need to upgrade if they want to play bigtime football. I could see then becoming bottom dwellers.

It's just a good thing the PAC didn't offer to Boise State - they woulda whooped em all.

Regardless the Pac 10 is garbage with the exception of a couple football teams. They're still going to be awful in basketball.