• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Sund says we are picking BPA and not necessarily need

Blunt91

• Moderators

I get the lockout and CBA but still I think him moving up 10 or more spots would increase his money even with a new CBA. Him starting next season would possibly throw him into the lottery. Like you said it shocks me as well when ever a guy comes out that goes this late in the draft. Unlike Marvin who was projected 1 through 5 the whole time...

I agree that his upside next year is high lottery (and downside is probably still late first). His upside this year is probably somewhere in the teens.

Whether he makes more money or not depends on whether he becomes a stud or not. Bynum is the argument to go now. He stunk at first, developed and then got paid $12.5M his first season after his rookie contract. Even if Orton put himself up to the #5 pick next season, the difference between #24 and #5 isn't enough to pass up a huge payday like that. Obviously, that isn't the only case as guys like Samuel Dalembert (contract averaging $10M per), Emeka Okafor (about $10+M per), Tyson Chandler (about $10+M per), and many other hit pretty huge pay days with modest production by their post-rookie contracts.

Since Orton made the jump, he also gets paid during the lockout if he goes into the draft now which evens out some of the economic disparity in the event of a lockout even if he doesn't become a real stud.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want both Orton and ZaZa on the same team. It would just be too ugly for my eyes to bare for 82 games a year. Both guys are pathetic at finishing with contact. Orton misses dunks more then any 6'11'' guy I have ever seen.

I think Orton is the player in the league with a worse verticle then ZaZa has.

These below the rim centers have got to go.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I don't want both Orton and ZaZa on the same team. It would just be too ugly for my eyes to bare for 82 games a year. Both guys are pathetic at finishing with contact. Orton misses dunks more then any 6'11'' guy I have ever seen.

I think Orton is the player in the league with a worse verticle then ZaZa has.

These below the rim centers have got to go.

Orton's vertical is higher than Greg Monroe's and 4 1/2 inches higher than Alabi's. It is one inch less than Whiteside's:

Whiteside Max Vertical: 31.5''

Orton Max Vertical: 30.5''

Monroe Max Vertical: 29.5''

Alabi Max Vertical: 26.5''

Orton's vertical is the same as Brook Lopez's. I understand issues with his rawness but the comparison between Zaza and Orton as far as athleticism goes doesn't work for me.

• Moderators

Orton definitely has physical tools my problem is how raw he is. We don't need a guy who is THAT big of a project.

Rather have Whiteside or Alabi who at least showed something on the court

That I get.