• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rotoworld has us taking Gani Lawal

Admin

http://www.rotoworld.com/premium/slideshows/?id=66&sport=NBA

I don't know much about this guy but I remember reading some comments about him on here being a player who goes into lulls like Marvin. If that's the case then I want nothing to do with him at all.

24. Hawks – Gani Lawal PF Georgia Tech

Lawal not only went to high school in Atlanta, but college as well. He also had a good workout for the Hawks recently and fits a need in their frontcourt. Ideally, the Hawks would like to get a true center, but picking this late, Lawal might be the best thing they're going to get.

http://www.rotoworld.com/premium/slideshows/?id=66&sport=NBA

I don't know much about this guy but I remember reading some comments about him on here being a player who goes into lulls like Marvin. If that's the case then I want nothing to do with him at all.

I watch a lot of Ga.Tech games and yes he is a lull type player, but his game is nothing like Marvin.He will attempt to rebound and although slight of build is surprisingly strong as i've seen him out muscle D.Favors for rebounds on occasion. His Skill game is lacking badly playing in Hewitt's system but Very athletic and Josh will struggle out jumping him. The guy can rebound, he looks like a better version of Solo to me.

Edited by HawkFoLife

Also, his free throw shooting is Ben Wallacesque. I would not be too thrilled with this pick.

Yeah, his FT shooting is horrid. I mean, really really bad. But hopefully he can play 5 or so minutes a game and get us a couple of extra rebounds. Mark Price (if he is still around) will have major work to do with Gani on the foul line.

Looks like every player that workout out stated their workout went well when they were interviewed so I don't think I would read too much into that. However if the Hawks traded down and picked up a early 2nd rounder Gani might be an option then.

• Premium Member

I'd be pretty upset if they take Lawal at #24 if certain players are still on the board.

This. Lawal is lazy, his mechanics are somewhere between putrid to God awful and frankly there should be safer picks than him.

• Moderators

This. Lawal is lazy, his mechanics are somewhere between putrid to God awful and frankly there should be safer picks than him.

Safer and higher upside picks.

The funny thing is that Chad Ford spent a chunk of print praising Lawal for being such a high motor player yesterday. I was reading that thinking, "I didn't watch all of Tech's games but I watched enough to make me wonder if Ford actually watched Lawal. If Lawal had a real fire and non-stop motor, he would be a late lottery pick."

• Premium Member

Shelden may end up being serviceable if he lands with the right coach. Did you guys see GT's backcourt this year? One word: dreadful.

• Premium Member

Safer and higher upside picks.

The funny thing is that Chad Ford spent a chunk of print praising Lawal for being such a high motor player yesterday. I was reading that thinking, "I didn't watch all of Tech's games but I watched enough to make me wonder if Ford actually watched Lawal. If Lawal had a real fire and non-stop motor, he would be a late lottery pick."

Lawal and high motor player in a sentence is like seeing Shaq and excellent free throw shooter in a sentence.