• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Steve Belkin, looks to have been right.

Brotha2ThaNite

Belkin is and was an idiot. Woody would have ruined all of those players. Rondo would have turned into Acie Law or Salim. Our problem is not getting Joe, our problem was picking Marvin. Belkin mucked everything up by not going with previously arranged agreement. He is a jackass and should be b!tch-slapped if possible.

• Premium Member

I was just thinking....

Wasn't the reason Belkin didn't want JJ was because he didn't think he was a #1 type NBA player, and he was not worth over paying for?

What we as fans/Atlanta media were saying, "you need to over pay for JJ to get other star NBA players wanting to come to play for us....."

Well, what star players have we gotten from FA to play with us????

Don't get me wrong, if we lose JJ it could be a very big step backwards but was Belkin right? I say yes.

Actually, Belkin was dead wrong.

Since getting, He has been a 4 time allstar and we have gone from a 13 win team to the 4th Seed in the East. Forget about how badly our playoffs ended, JJ was worth the money and picks. Had Joe never done nothing, Belkin would have been right, but Joe is one of the top 10 players in the league now.

At the end of the day, the Hawks effectively traded Boris Diaw, Rajon Rondo and Robin Lopez for JJ.

Given the teams limited playoff success, not exactly a home run, but not a bad deal either.

No, the Hawks traded Boris Diaw and two first rounders for JJ. In Bk's hands those picks would have been Sfs.

C’mon guys, we over paid for JJ. The main reason why we over paid for him was…

• To make Atlanta relevant again, which I can say that was half done. We got the wins/made the playoff but no one ever thought/thinks of us as a contender or even a “could be contender.” The main reason for this is because of all our BLOW OUTS in the playoffs.

• To have FAs talking about coming to Atlanta for a change… We have never heard anyone speak since JJ has been here of saying, “This person could be eyeing Atlanta when he becomes a FA.”

• JJ was brought here to bring the fans out…. Well, we know that hasn’t been the case either. The closes the Hawks came to changing ppl’s mind was after the 7 game playoff with Boston. They tried to sale that to the fans the next year. That went away fast because we didn’t do anything truly special. They saw how we played down to our competition. I would say the best game JJ has had as a Hawks was in the Boston series. The game he and Josh were the only ones to score in the 4th.

JJ was an All-Star but most of those votes came from coaches NOT FANS. Even once he got there he was Mr. Invisible Man. LOL

The Team is still losing money. JJ was to stop that. He’s our star player but I can easily say Smoove or AL brings more fans to the Arena then he does….. That is why I say Belkins was right. As much as I hate to say that.

IF we are willing to give him MAX this year and If JJ leaves you can even say we signed a player who didn’t even want to finish what he started.

After 4 All-Stars…. 50 plus wins…. The Hawks are still thought of as just the Hawks. JJ was brought here to change that “It’s Just the Hawks”

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite