• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hassan Whiteside or Solomon Alabi

BusBoyIsBack

I know that Whiteside may be a head case and Alabi is raw as a spring chicken as well but to me if those guys are on the board we can't pass on them. Two 7 footers with all sorts of potential and especiallly defensively in terms of Whiteside.

That kid could one day be a poor man's Garnett with enough work in his game. At worse he should be a defensive enforcer who contests and alters shots.

Rebounding wins championships and we need another big in the rotation. And who knows a guy like Whiteside may turn out to be a legit starter. And maybe Smoove could get his Lamar Odom on off the bench.

Both those guys could easily be out of the league in three years. If I had to choose one I would go Whiteside. That said, I rather go after a project big man in the second round, even someone like Zoubek or Jordan, and get a viable wing in the first round assuming JJ is leaving.

Hassan Whiteside must be someone the hawks are targeting. DraftExpress now has Whiteside as the Hawks pick, as does NBADraft.net but Draft Net had the Hawks taking whiteside yesterday, DraftExpress just recently changed out pick not too long ago today.

Hassan Whiteside must be someone the hawks are targeting. DraftExpress now has Whiteside as the Hawks pick, as does NBADraft.net but Draft Net had the Hawks taking whiteside yesterday, DraftExpress just recently changed out pick not too long ago today.

To be honest I'll be surprised if Whiteside falls to us. That kid has so much potential. He could be a prime Marcus Camby defensively and a legit 15 PPG type of scorer offensively.

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

• Premium Member

I saw that too. We must be going with Whiteside. I thought a guard was the way to go, but it is what it is.

i would be very happy with whiteside. he looks to be our best chance at developing a center. i doubt he could contribute much this year, but if drew, the assistants, and the d-leaguers in utah can develop him he'll be a steal for us. kinda reminds me of randy moss.

As bad as I want Jordan Crawford, finding a solid - great center in this league is very hard. I have no problem if the Hawks roll the dice on a big man like Whiteside with pick 24. It will be hard to swallow if JCraw is still on the board but I will understand the reasons behind it.

Well, the Draft is through the 1st 21 picks and both Whiteside and Alabi are still available. If by some chance they are both there do you take one of them or is there someone else still available that you would take? Like I mentioned earlier I would be very happy with either Whiteside or Alabi but I would pick Alabi by the slightest of margins.

Well, the Draft is through the 1st 21 picks and both Whiteside and Alabi are still available. If by some chance they are both there do you take one of them or is there someone else still available that you would take? Like I mentioned earlier I would be very happy with either Whiteside or Alabi but I would pick Alabi by the slightest of margins.

Oh my "big board" I have Alabi, Jones and then Whiteside as my preferred picks. I'm freaking excited that Alabi is still there since he can help us this year. Whiteside can help down the road. Jones would absolutely help us this year. I'm just hoping Minnesota doesn't take Alabi or Jones.

Oh my "big board" I have Alabi, Jones and then Whiteside as my preferred picks. I'm freaking excited that Alabi is still there since he can help us this year. Whiteside can help down the road. Jones would absolutely help us this year. I'm just hoping Minnesota doesn't take Alabi or Jones.

I like Alabi since he can play now. Whiteside will be in the NBDL

I hate the Hawks