• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged x 2: Traded pick to Nets for 27/31

Joker

Well we got cash, which is just as good as a 7' defensive center that could help this year.

He's no where near NBA ready...too thin...soft at this point. We're most probably getting Javale McGee in the Chillz sign and trade. There is your center.

What we got here was moving down 3 spaces and got the same player we wanted. Less guaranteed money for 3 spots lower down....this was a smart business decision freeing up money. It doesn't seem like much but the difference between the 24th and 27th pick is about $95,000 a year. That may not seem like much but if you could save 95 grand on all 12 players that's a million more to spend on a free agent. It was a smart trade decision.

He's no where near NBA ready...too thin...soft at this point. We're most probably getting Javale McGee in the Chillz sign and trade. There is your center.

What we got here was moving down 3 spaces and got the same player we wanted. Less guaranteed money for 3 spots lower down....this was a smart business decision freeing up money. It doesn't seem like much but the difference between the 24th and 27th pick is about $95,000 a year. That may not seem like much but if you could save 95 grand on all 12 players that's a million more to spend on a free agent. It was a smart trade decision.

How are we "most probably" getting McGee? Even the "rumor" of Chillz signing with the Wizards smells like BS at this point, much less people on here thinking we're getting a quality big from a team who can't afford to give away quality bigs.

We wouldn't spend 500k on the 31st pick in the draft so I highly doubt that we'd match an offer sheet for Childress at this point. I hate to be negative but this just pisses me off to no end. Even if you don't think the 31st pick is not NBA ready then you keep him in Europe for a couple of years, you don't sell him for cash.

That is some lame stuff by the ASG for sure...

We just got who I think a steal at 27 in Crawford...... Wow that thought just went out of the window with some of you very fast.... lol

Rather we like or not ASG can't and wont go Bank down because of what we think is good. These guys are not rich for nothing. They have to make the best deal for what they can afford. I see if we pack the Arena and they made moves like this.

C'mon ppl give them a shot..... support

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite
  • Like 1

We just got who I think a steal at 27 in Crawford...... Wow that thought just went out of the window with some of you very fast.... lol

Rather we like or not ASG can't and wont go Bank down because of what we think is good. These guys are not rich for nothing. They have to make the best deal for what they can afford. I see if we pack the Arena and they made moves like this.

C'mon ppl give them a shot..... support

You know me I normally support the owners, management, coaches and players but the ASG have gone too far for me.

Bottom line: If you can't afford to improve the team then you need to sell them. It is not fair for fans to give up their valuable money in this economy to an ownership group who make stupid decisions like this.

You know me I normally support the owners, management, coaches and players but the ASG have gone too far for me.

Bottom line: If you can't afford to improve the team then you need to sell them. It is not fair for fans to give up their valuable money in this economy to an ownership group who make stupid decisions like this.

Would you not be happy if we could get Solomon?

Would you not be happy if we could get Solomon?

I am not happy because the Hawks made a foolish, cheap move. If you don't want the pick then fine, get a future 1st or 2nd round pick for it as well as the cash. We're talking about THE MOST VALUABLE 2nd round pick and you can't even get a future pick for it?

If we still get Alabi then great, but it won't change how I feel about the foolish and cheap move that we made tonight. I won't be defending the ASG anymore.

• Moderators

I am not happy because the Hawks made a foolish, cheap move. If you don't want the pick then fine, get a future 1st or 2nd round pick for it as well as the cash. We're talking about THE MOST VALUABLE 2nd round pick and you can't even get a future pick for it?

If we still get Alabi then great, but it won't change how I feel about the foolish and cheap move that we made tonight. I won't be defending the ASG anymore.

+1

Well, I'm wait to see what is done in the FA market. The season is just beginning. I have said it before. If you want to win now in the NBA you will need to get Vets not draft pick.

I like Draft picks but the Hawks are at the point where they need to win more... especially if they lose JJ. They thought they lose money this year.... lol

DL better be the next Phil Jackson. Well, I did get to talk with him and shake his hand tonight. They might bring him good luck :biggrin: