• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Please Explain Hawks/Thunder Trade

PaceRam

• Moderators

I couldn't believe it at first, either, but after thinking about it I can't imagine a 7'1" center that slips to #50 actually turning out to be that special. Even Zaza went before that and that's in one of the most talented draft classes ever. Of course you can never know for sure, but those centers available may never be more than the next RandMo.

Whiteside was right after the pick we sold. He was projected as a mid-first to late first round guy.

I struggle to come up with a veteran center that can be had for $3M (or $4M or $5M) that is worth a darn.

Edited by AHF

Whiteside was right after the pick we sold. He was projected as a mid-first to late first round guy.

I struggle to come up with a veteran center that can be had for $3M (or $4M or $5M) that is worth a darn.

Gortat was a second round pick. He sure would look nice in a Hawks uni right now.

• Moderators

Gortat was a second round pick. He sure would look nice in a Hawks uni right now.

Yes he would.

Funny thing is, you can draft a Gortat but they are just about impossible to sign as FAs without paying through the roof.

• Moderators

He's all ours for $6.5 million. Let's trade Jordan and hope all that money will pry Gortat from our Division opponents.

/sarcasm

~lw3