Jordan Crawford " Im happy to be a Hawk"

NJHAWK

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I would say

I heard rumors that the women in Atlanta are on fire! Could you please direct me to the closest gentleman's club. This new money is burning a hole in my pocket son! Dollar dollar bill y'all...I'm out!

So ahh Jordansome, is it alright that I call you Jordansome? It's not that I'm checking you out and calling you handsome or anything like that and not to say you're ugly either I just got this theme with Crawfords and the other is Jamawesome....sometimes Jamawful......But ehhh anyway, back to my original question. How come you weren't happy to workout for the Hawks?

You guys will NEVER be happy, and it's sad..

Wrong answer. I was thrilled right up till I saw the board on ESPN....Oklahoma Thunder rights to pick 31, then I started looking to see who or what we got for it. That is when my bubble burst.

Whiteside or any of the 1st round potential guards that were still there would have been great jsmoothefan. Given our weak bench and the possible loss of our best player, just cash is disheartening to say the least.

Damn. Everyone sure he isn't related to Jamal?

He has NBA 3 point range for sure.

He is a shooter plain and simple. This guy bringing the ball up would be a taller version of Salim at PG. He will give us a far better scoring threat than Salim; but he will never handle the rock and pass in traffic like Crawford. Just say no to him playing BU PG.

People are going nuts over this pick; but none of us have ever seen him matched up against taller guards on a nightly basis. Cannot fault his spot up ability at the next level; but getting that same shot off with a taller hand in your face is a different story.

Edited by Buzzard

He is a shooter plain and simple. This guy bringing the ball up would be a taller version of Salim at PG. He will give us a far better scoring threat than Salim; but he will never handle the rock and pass in traffic like Crawford. Just say no to him playing BU PG.

People are going nuts over this pick; but none of us have ever seen him matched up against taller guards on a nightly basis. Cannot fault his spot up ability at the next level; but getting that same shot off with a taller hand in your face is a different story.

This dude had one of the best NCAA tournaments out of anybody last year. The upset Xavier pulled off against Kansas St was mainly because of his shot making.

At best, we just drafted the next Ben Gordon,and an asset to the 2nd team.

At worst, he's Randy Foye, decent, but nothing to fuss over.

He's never going to be a stellar defender. But the kid can score. And on a team that lacked shot creators, having a guy like him on our squad helps. This is NOT a Salim Stoudamire type situation in which Salim was forced to play the point, in order to survive in this league. Jordan is a natural 2

Edited by northcyde

If JJ is brought back, he's going to get modest playing time at best. So you're looking at him only playing 7 - 13 minutes a night anyway.

But if we lose JJ, he'll have to play a more significant role off the bench. We'll be asking him to be more of a scorer at that point.

A lot of people are disillusioned by what Drew is saying about our new offense. Offenses are meant to be stopped. At that point, you're going to need guys who can create AND MAKE their own shot, to keep the offense flowing. Eddie Jordan in Philly proved that you need a little more than a great offensive system, in order for an offense to be great. You need people who can execute the offense, and MAKE SHOTS.

This dude had one of the best NCAA tournaments out of anybody last year. The upset Xavier pulled off against Kansas St was mainly because of his shot making.

Jordan is a natural 2

Agree 100% which is why the comparison to Craw, which I was responding to, is not accurate. He is a natural 2 who is undersized and if you read and believe in some of the scouting reports:

Is undersized

Average defender at the college level

Takes off balanced bad shots when defended closely

Has been called selfish

Has a great 1st step and gets inside almost effortlessly

Has great range and is a rock solid spot up shooter

Everything I have said about him past and present says good 2nd team player. This pick did not upset me at all; but anyone expecting more than 2nd team SG is going to be.

Edited by Buzzard

Agree 100% which is why the comparison to Craw, which I was responding to, is not accurate. He is a natural 2 who is undersized and if you read and believe in some of the scouting reports:

Is undersized

Average defender at the college level

Takes off balanced bad shots when defended closely

Has been called selfish

Has a great 1st step and gets inside almost effortlessly

Has great range and is a rock solid spot up shooter

A tad over 6'4" is a bit undersized but not much (depending on effort). I would actually think a little bit of a selfish streak (in college anyway) is a bit of a plus. I'll take a bit selfish or "Marvin-esque" any day.

• Premium Member

A tad over 6'4" is a bit undersized but not much (depending on effort). I would actually think a little bit of a selfish streak (in college anyway) is a bit of a plus. I'll take a bit selfish or "Marvin-esque" any day.

Agreed. It's MUCH easier to get a guy to ratchet his game down a bit than to get a guy to step it up. ex: Marvin.