• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jordan Crawford " Im happy to be a Hawk"

NJHAWK

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell Shaquille is the only free agent signing that that lead to a championship where the fa was the superstar who was the center piece in said championship. So, I agree with AHF, fa is fools gold. Miami may change that this year, but even then Wade is a draftee and bron would be on as Robin

I think the main reason for this is the CBA we have been under. Superstars do not change teams through FA nearly at all. The only way to get an allstar is via trade or draft, with a few exceptions. They all want to sign for the max and max raises. Apart from that how many franchises have won a championship this past decade? With this criteria we are limiting the conversation to about 6 players total.

Crazy, I call you a genious. I saw almost every XU game last year including 3 or 4 games in person. This kid is no joke. The fact that he was still there at 27 in this lousy draft shows me there should be alot of scouts and gm's out of work. In 3 or 4 years they will look back at this draft and wonder why he was still there at 27. He will be the guy they wished they didnt miss.

Crazy, I call you a genious. I saw almost every XU game last year including 3 or 4 games in person. This kid is no joke. The fact that he was still there at 27 in this lousy draft shows me there should be alot of scouts and gm's out of work. In 3 or 4 years they will look back at this draft and wonder why he was still there at 27. He will be the guy they wished they didnt miss.

Exactly. Can anyone explain to me why David Kahn is a GM in the NBA and Kevin Pritchard just got fired? Say what you want, but I have never seen a GM just completely botch having multiple picks two years in a row in the draft the way David Kahn has.

IMO, Sam Presti is far and away the best GM in the NBA, and Kevin Pritchard is probably the next best.

I wonder if Cleveland will give Chris Grant a fair chance to be a GM? He's stepping into a situation that he cannot control, and when Cleveland loses LeBron, they are going to fall off big time. I hope they give Grant the opportunity to build the team.

Another guy who should never get another chance to be a GM is Ernie Grunfield. I've been a big proponent for bringing new blood to the NBA head coaching ranks, as I don't feel there are really that many very good coaches and would prefer guys like Larry Drew and Tom Thibodeau to get jobs rather than recycling guys like Doug Collins. The GM landscape is the same. There are some young personnel execs that should be getting GM jobs instead of seeing the same names recycled over and over again. Dave Pendergraft is one of those guys, IMO. I'm hoping he's the GM in training with the Hawks right now.

. There are some young personnel execs that should be getting GM jobs instead of seeing the same names recycled over and over again. Dave Pendergraft is one of those guys, IMO. I'm hoping he's the GM in training with the Hawks right now.

Yeah if Sund is really going to retire soon I dont have a problem with that. Mike Gearon is our real gm though.

Yes but it was a great game. Xavier lost a few close games like that including to one vs Butler that would have been changed to a win if Stern was commish and Xavier played the Hawks that controversial day, lol..

I only said that cuz northcyde said they upset them, i was just trying to rectify. I love JC2 i wanted him or Anderson so im really happy :line dance:

I for the life of me couldn't and still can't understand why this guy wasn't a shoe in Top15-20 pick. This is the guy i wanted from the beginning, i think the Hawks really stole one here. Let's hope.

I for the life of me couldn't and still can't understand why this guy wasn't a shoe in Top15-20 pick. This is the guy i wanted from the beginning, i think the Hawks really stole one here. Let's hope.

Its all about NBA size, strength, and quickness. Jordan has slightly above average quickness, but his size and strength are below average for a NBA SG. Example, the guy you want him to replace is 45 lbs heavier and almost four inches taller...