• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Best undrafted players

coachx

Best undrafted players:

Slideshow:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/411282-2010-nba-draft-results-jon-scheyer-and-the-top-10-undrafted-players

Note - S. Collins has signed with Charlotte.

http://www.13wham.com/sports/nba/story/NBA-Draft-2010-Top-undrafted-players/RsHJpImjIUSKV9Eg1qdLmQ.cspx

1. - Art Parakhouski - Center (Radford) - The 6-foot-11 Belarus native certainly has the size to play the pivot in the NBA and he is a fundamentally- sound player, but the small school setting and the lack of a larger upside kept him off the draft board.

2. - Matt Bouldin - Combo Guard (Gonzaga) - I thought the versatile Bouldin should have been a mid second-round pick but his shaggy hair must have scared off some NBA execs. Bouldin's agent, Stu Lash, has confirmed the combo guard agreed to a free-agent contract with Chicago and will join the Bulls' summer league team.

3. - Samardo Samuels - Power Forward (Louisville) - The Cardinals' big man was once the top prospect in the entire nation coming out of high school, but his lack of height (6-foot-8) and all-important wingspan clearly scared off most NBA teams.

4. - Mikhail Torrance - Point Guard (Alabama) - At 6-foot-5 with athleticism, Torrance could be a top-tier defensive guard relatively early in his career, but a minor heart issue forced teams to beg off.

5. - Jon Scheyer - Combo Guard (Duke) - A 6-foot-6 player with impressive range on his jumper and a high basketball IQ. Exactly what is the difference between this guy and J.J. Redick?

6. - Denis Clemente - Shooting Guard (Kansas State) - Clemente is a pure shooter with a very impressive NCAA Tournament performance on his resume. I guess size (Clemente is only 6-foot) did him in.

7. - Charles Garcia - Power Forward (Seattle) - I saw Garcia appearing in the first round on some mock drafts midway through the college season but he steadily fell from there. My guess is most personnel people didn't think Garcia has the strength to handle your average NBA power forward on the blocks.

8. - Sherron Collins - Point Guard (Kansas) - Cole Aldrich got quite a few laughs when he compared Sherron Collins to Chris Paul after he got drafted. That's quite a stretch but Collins was a really good quarterback on a really good college team. A lack of height and poor conditioning did Collins in but he did garner a summer league invite from Charlotte.

9. - Brian Zoubek - Center (Duke) - I've got to give a shout-out to a fellow Haddonfield, NJ native. Zoubek has the size and basketball IQ to at least be a Joel Pryzbilla-like defender and rebounder.

10. - Scottie Reynolds - Combo Guard (Villanova) - A poor final NCAA tourney overshadowed four years of solid play by the undersized Villanova guard.

I like Zoubek too. He doesn't resolve our immediate need at center though. It will be another 2 years before he starts or is even 2nd option.

No Small Forwards on that list.... What's up with that?

I'd like to see us bring in Samuels and Torrance. I believe that we worked both of them out and it's possible that we could find a spot for one of them, especially Samuels on the team. He's very solid backup PF material and i could see him developing a major chip on his shoulder for not being drafted considering that he is so talented.

Why not take a shot on Zoubek? He provides us with another big man who takes up space and can play solid defense. Raymar Morgan is another player who could find his way on an NBA team, but he disappeared way too much his last season at Michigan State. Possibly a trip to Europe to refine his skills.

Why not take a shot on Zoubek?

Because international soccer-style flopping doesn't work outside of the Duke system. (Unless you're Paul Pierce.)

What do you think of Charles Garcia? I've seen him play and at times he's extremely impressive around the basket, he started out the season averaging 29pts but that dropped off a lot when teams start double-teaming him. He loafs on defense too much and needs a lot of good coaching. Kind of reminds me of Smoove. Seems like the perfect guy for the D-League.