• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How effective would a Teague/Jo.Crawford be?

Wurider05

Well one is a slasher the other is a shooter, I would think that should be easy enough to incorporate together.

Exactly. The only question is do they live up to their potential. Teague if he can be Rondo Lite, Jordan Crawford if he can be our younger more athletic, more efficient Jamal Crawford, that's a win win situation

• Premium Member

Watching his highlight clips, my reaction to JorCraw mirrors this scouting note from Draft Express following an A-10 tournament game...

While he is a very good slasher, and tonight was no exception, he is going to have trouble adjusting to the next level if he cannot learn how to fulfill a role in an offense without having it feature him as the primary handler and scorer.

That affirms my suspicion that he's a guy who needs the ball in his hands to have an impact on the game. And yet, coming off the bench as he'll be the first year for certain, it's doubtful unless he's just unstoppable from the git-go that Drew is going to permit him to dominate the ball. Supposedly he has the court vision to become an assist guy. Supposedly he also possesses quick hands to become a defensive guy. But will he? Will Drew be able to coach him up so that he develops?

They'll be above avereage #19 & #27 picks.

Would they have been lottery picks if they stayed in school one more year?

With Jeff Teague, I think it is likely that he would have been a lottery pick had he waited till after his junior season to go pro. When he declared last year, many openly wondered why because the thought at the time was that he would definitely be a lottery pick had he stayed.

It's a little harder to say with Jordan Crawford. I think he could have put himself in the top 20, but I don't know if he would have jumped into the lottery. It is possible.

As to how they compliment each other, they are going to look great together when running the floor. Both of these two guys can get up and down the court in a flash, and when they are in transition, they both attack the rim. Look out if these two get on a two on one break. In a half court set, Jordan's catch and shoot ability will match up well with Jeff's ability to attack the lane. Jordan was a high volume shooter at Xavier, but he was still a very efficient scorer. Jordan was second among the shooting guards in his draft class with a 1.014 PPP. Jeff wasn't quite as efficient in college as he posted a 0.95 PPP, but Jeff isn't quite as good in catch and shoot situations as Jordan is. Jeff is much better at attacking the rim and drawing fouls. Jeff attacks the rim, and Jordan will penetrate but settles for pull up jumpers.

In a perfect world, these two guys would be brought off the bench to supply instant offense for the Hawks. Their scoring rate was identical in college, as both players averaged 23.6 points per 40 minutes adjusting for pace. Defenisvely, they both have work to do, but both players are long (both have 6'7" wingspans) and athletic, so the ability is there.

With Jeff Teague, I think it is likely that he would have been a lottery pick had he waited till after his junior season to go pro. When he declared last year, many openly wondered why because the thought at the time was that he would definitely be a lottery pick had he stayed.

It's a little harder to say with Jordan Crawford. I think he could have put himself in the top 20, but I don't know if he would have jumped into the lottery. It is possible.

As to how they compliment each other, they are going to look great together when running the floor. Both of these two guys can get up and down the court in a flash, and when they are in transition, they both attack the rim. Look out if these two get on a two on one break. In a half court set, Jordan's catch and shoot ability will match up well with Jeff's ability to attack the lane. Jordan was a high volume shooter at Xavier, but he was still a very efficient scorer. Jordan was second among the shooting guards in his draft class with a 1.014 PPP. Jeff wasn't quite as efficient in college as he posted a 0.95 PPP, but Jeff isn't quite as good in catch and shoot situations as Jordan is. Jeff is much better at attacking the rim and drawing fouls. Jeff attacks the rim, and Jordan will penetrate but settles for pull up jumpers.

In a perfect world, these two guys would be brought off the bench to supply instant offense for the Hawks. Their scoring rate was identical in college, as both players averaged 23.6 points per 40 minutes adjusting for pace. Defenisvely, they both have work to do, but both players are long (both have 6'7" wingspans) and athletic, so the ability is there.

Good post. I can't agree with you anymore, but do you actually think Teagues will be coming off the bench?

Good post. I can't agree with you anymore, but do you actually think Teagues will be coming off the bench?

No. I think Teague will win the starting job in camp, but I said in a perfect situation. My concern with Teague starting is going to be his decision making. In very limited time last year, he didn't show the turnover rate that he had in college, but he wasn't asked to run the show until the last game of the season. In that game, he had 5 turnovers. That's something we are just going to have to accept at the moment, because he's got to play to get better.

No. I think Teague will win the starting job in camp, but I said in a perfect situation. My concern with Teague starting is going to be his decision making. In very limited time last year, he didn't show the turnover rate that he had in college, but he wasn't asked to run the show until the last game of the season. In that game, he had 5 turnovers. That's something we are just going to have to accept at the moment, because he's got to play to get better.

um he also had 15 assists. 5 to's aint a problem if you're setting up your teammates for scores at that high of a rate

um he also had 15 assists. 5 to's aint a problem if you're setting up your teammates for scores at that high of a rate

Agree Man. That is a 3 to 1 TO rate....if he can do that on a regular basis its the other teams that should be doing the worrying and not us LMAO