• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Would you invest your $100 million on Joe?

jerrywest

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heck NO , should be one of the choices lol. I'm not giving 100 million to a player who will dribble the ball for 20 seconds then passing it to a teammate who then has to take a bad shot ,not only that he probably won't show up in the playoffs either. He's also 29 years old. no thanks. I'll pass..

Edited by jsmoovefan

These owners are notoriously cheap, but is Joe worth your $100 million?

I hate to say it and i want JJ back really bad but 100 mil contract is just flat out ridicoulous besides i dont even think teams are willing to give him that unless it's the knicks who look like they arent headed in the right direction anyhow. I say we will get JJ back with a 84 mil contract!

Heck NO , should be one of the choices lol. I'm not giving 100 million to a player who will dribble the ball for 20 seconds then passing it to a teammate who then has to take a bad shot ,not only that he probably won't show up in the playoffs either. He's also 29 years old. no thanks. I'll pass..

I blame Mike Woodson for that. I think Joe has a lot more skills than what he showed last season. We were the most predictable team in the NBA last year, everyone knew the ball was either going in Joe Johnson's or Jamal Crawford's hands. It's kind of hard to score when the whole defense knows what's going to happen. Joe has become less and less effective as his tenure here continued because teams started to figure out what the whole gameplan is. I want to see Joe in LD's offense....or any offense.

6 years $100 mill yes.

6 years $119 mill is a no.

I believe the best another team can offer JJ is 5 years at $92 mill. Sund could approach JJ saying "I got the same 5 years and $92 mill for you right here. Now make your decision." If that is what Sund does then I think the Hawould have a slim chance of bringing him back. That is the best case scenerio in keeping JJ but is pretty risky.

or Sund could sweeten the pot.

"JJ we want you to be a Hawk for life. We belileve that with you, this team can contine to get better. Here is a 6 year contract for $105 mill. We have the MLE to target another veteran. We will either bring Chillz back here or S&T him for another veteran. Next years roster will have more pieces then last years team. Coach Drew will coach this team differently then last years team. The Heat were 6 games worse then us, with Wade, last year. They may get better...but with you the Atlanta Hawks will get better too."

I would gladly give him that deal. My final offer would be 6 years $105 mill (about $17.5 mill per).

What ever Sund offers, he has to come with the ASG's best offer first. JJ will have to wait a day or 2 before other teams give him the actual contract to sign. They will all be courting James, Bosh, &n Stoudemimre first. Sund can offer him that contract at 12:01 AM July 8 and I bet he signs it.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

6 years $100 mill yes.

6 years $119 mill is a no.

I believe the best another team can offer JJ is 5 years at $92 mill. Sund could approach JJ saying "I got the same 5 years and $92 mill for you right here. Now make your decision." If that is what Sund does then I think the Hawould have a slim chance of bringing him back. That is the best case scenerio in keeping JJ but is pretty risky.

or Sund could sweeten the pot.

"JJ we want you to be a Hawk for life. We belileve that with you, this team can contine to get better. Here is a 6 year contract for $105 mill. We have the MLE to target another veteran. We will either bring Chillz back here or S&T him for another veteran. Next years roster will have more pieces then last years team. Coach Drew will coach this team differently then last years team. The Heat were 6 games worse then us, with Wade, last year. They may get better...but with you the Atlanta Hawks will get better too."

I would gladly give him that deal. My final offer would be 6 years $105 mill (about $17.5 mill per).

What ever Sund offers, he has to come with the ASG's best offer first. JJ will have to wait a day or 2 before other teams give him the actual contract to sign. They will all be courting James, Bosh, &n Stoudemimre first. Sund can offer him that contract at 12:01 AM July 8 and I bet he signs it.

I agree 100%.

I hate to say it and i want JJ back really bad but 100 mil contract is just flat out ridicoulous besides i dont even think teams are willing to give him that unless it's the knicks who look like they arent headed in the right direction anyhow. I say we will get JJ back with a 84 mil contract!

With all the teams that have money to sign max players JJ is definitely getting a max contract. The only exception would be if he got together with two other guys and plans to sign for less just to be on a dominant team. There is just too much money out there for him to not get the max. Free agency is all about overpaying to get these guys to sign.

That said today I'm on the side of letting Joe go as long as we can get a deal we like. What is the best realistic deal we can get from the teams looking to sign him?

This same "cheap" ownership group was going to give a hockey player the richest contract in NHL history. I guess you all are so liberal with your spending too.

JJ will get close to $100 mill one way or another. At the very least he will be the Next Allen Houston of the Knicks.

JJ has 4 all star appearances. If he gets his $100 mill playing next to Lebron for the next 6 years, he'll go to the hall of fame. Beat that.

Someone will offer 5 years 92 million.

I think the hawks will have to go 6 years 119 to get him.

I could see him walking away from 8 million if you offered 5 years 100 but not the 27 he'd be walking away from if offered 6.

The hawks will have to overpay to resign joe johnson because at the very least he'll wind up a consolation prize to a new york or clipper team.

We cant afford to lose him and get nothing of real value in return. If that happens were doomed. 119 MILL is an awful lot for JJ though. This is a tough choice. I picked not sure, Sund and Gearon dont have that option. .

Edited by NJHAWK

Joe is about the money, he cares nothing about this team. It's Phoenix all over again. .BUT At least the Suns were smart enough to NOT pay him that type of money. It's gonna be tough to give AL the contract he deserves if the Hawks are dumb enough to pay joe 119 million dollars..

Edited by jsmoovefan