• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LD, Can you walk on water?

Diesel

• Premium Member

We all anticipate LD's offense being installed.

However, I have just one concern. The Smoove, Horf Experiment. I love both players, but neither player is a low post scorer. We have lost of threads here examining Joe Johnson. And Sure, Joe is probably worth the money to US.. but how well will Joe and our offense fair without a low post scoring threat? I have not seen a system that was successful that didn't have a low post scoring threat!

Maybe the plan is to trade one of them for Stoudamire? He's not bigger but he can score in the low post.

Maybe we can go after Thompson (seeing that the Kings went in hard after a C thus far). I mean, Thompson, Dalembert, Whiteside, and Cousins... Somebody got to go.

Also, it looks like Orlando might trade Gortat.

• Premium Member

We all anticipate LD's offense being installed.

However, I have just one concern. The Smoove, Horf Experiment. I love both players, but neither player is a low post scorer. We have lost of threads here examining Joe Johnson. And Sure, Joe is probably worth the money to US.. but how well will Joe and our offense fair without a low post scoring threat? I have not seen a system that was successful that didn't have a low post scoring threat!

Maybe the plan is to trade one of them for Stoudamire? He's not bigger but he can score in the low post.

Maybe we can go after Thompson (seeing that the Kings went in hard after a C thus far). I mean, Thompson, Dalembert, Whiteside, and Cousins... Somebody got to go.

Also, it looks like Orlando might trade Gortat.

Agreed. To me, it seems many want to hold on to both Horford and Smith, more or less, for sentimental reasons. But, sentimental reasons ain't going to help you inside or get the Hawks out of the second round. The last two years in the playoffs should have made it abundantly clear that this team needs a low post prescence. I don't think it's a wise goal to try to be the "Pheonix Suns" of the east.

I really, really like Jason Thompson. He could develop into a poor man's D12. He is also a true Center. I would give up horf or smoove for Thompson and a 1st round pick (which more than likely is a lottery pick). I also wonder what it would take to get Javale McGee out of D.C.

I really, really like Jason Thompson. He could develop into a poor man's D12. He is also a true Center. I would give up horf or smoove for Thompson and a 1st round pick (which more than likely is a lottery pick). I also wonder what it would take to get Javale McGee out of D.C.

:lol6: