• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knicks High On Joe Johnson's List

GameTime

Not only is he playing with two all stars, he is playing with two guys who are for all intents and purposes better players at their position than he is at his.

All this talk about Joe not having any help is bunk.

Lol do you really believe this man? I love Smoove and Horf but letsbe honest. Dirk, Amare, Bosh, Boozer,KG, Gasol, Tim Duncan, West, and maybe Aldridge are better than or just as good as them. Joer is widely recognized as the 3rd best SG in the NBA (some people put Roy ahead of him) and was voted the leagues most underrated player during a poll of 190 NBA players. It sucks that he may leave but that thought is overboard.

I think there is a good chance that JJ will be the last of the 'big names' to sign which will leave us in a good place. But if he doesn't want to be here it won't matter, but he may have to make a very tough decision about the dollars he gets here vs. elsewhere.

With Gearons speech about not wanting to be stuck with long expensive contracts I am not sold we will match all offers for JJ. Not sold at all. JJ can bide his time see where LeBron goes then as you said everything will fall into place.

the difference is I doubt NY fans would boo a guy for being in a slump. You can say the NY media is ruthless but the NY fan is probably the most knowledgeable fan in America. Only in an unsophisticated sports town like Atlanta would it be acceptable to boo a player giving max effort while having a poor shooting night. I recall John Starks having one of the worst payoff games ever yet I don't recall the Knicks fans booing him.

Are you serious? Heck Allan Houston who was a comparable player to Joe Johnson got booed every time he went into a slump because as you point out the NY fan is knowledgeable and they knew Allan Houston was over paid. And if Joe goes there they will know he is over payed too.

I'll be glad when Joe finally signs to a team because it's like we are hearing everyone is on Joe's list except Atlanta. In Chicago, they are saying he will definitely sign with them. Right now, I think there is a good possibility that Joe may need to leave in order to restore team chemistry.

Per the report on espn's main page joe is willing to take less money and they hope to get jj and amare.

Is it just me or will that team be worse than the hawks minus joe seeing as how they have no decent players on the roster and they will be capped out?

Joe would be leaving for the sake of leaving in this scenario.

Per the report on espn's main page joe is willing to take less money and they hope to get jj and amare.

Is it just me or will that team be worse than the hawks minus joe seeing as how they have no decent players on the roster and they will be capped out?

The Knicks with a core of Joe Johnson, Amare, Danilo Gallinari, Tony Douglass, Wilson Chandler and David Lee would be pretty decent imo.

Curry's 11 mill comes off the books next season and they have never been a team afraid to use the MLE.

The Knicks with a core of Joe Johnson, Amare, Danilo Gallinari, Tony Douglass, Wilson Chandler and David Lee would be pretty decent imo.

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Prim example of other fans thinking players of another team is better then their team just because they like the names. lol

I will take the Hawks team over that core any day buddy

Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

You mean the team that beat us 3 times last year?

Teke . . don't be fooled man. When the Knicks add the 2 big free agents to come play for them, it'll make it that much easier for them to sign other quality guys to play with them. And they have a major trade chip in Eddy Curry and his expiring 11 million contract.

Here are the moves the Knicks could make:

- Sign JJ and Stoudamire to near max money ( Amare would get the Max, while JJ would get near the max )

- trade Eddy Curry for a player that another team desperately wants to get rid of because of cap/lack of chemistry reasons. ( Monta Ellis or Emeka Okafor anyone? )

- re-sign David Lee to a 1st big contract Max deal, because they still own his Bird rights. ( 5 yrs - 70 - 75 million )

Roster

G - Ellis

G - Johnson

F - Gallanari

F - Stoudemire

F/C - Lee

As of right now, if the Knicks ran that lineup at us, we'd have MAJOR PROBLEMS stopping them. That squad instantly becomes Phoenix East, with JJ having free reign to be a playmaker, or a spot up shooter, or a go-to guy. But Eddy Curry's expiring contract is the main piece that could bring them a quality 3rd player back to them. There are a number of bad contract, but decent players that Curry could potentially be traded for ( especially by the February trade deadline )

- Monta Ellis

- Emeka Okafor

- Richard Hamilton

- Andris Biendrins ( only because he's big )

- Baron Davis

- Jose Calderon

- LOL . . . Marvin Williams ( if the Hawks wanted to get out from under that contract by next year )

And the Knicks are a team that doesn't worry about payroll, if the team is winning. They go to the games regardless, win or lose.

That starting 5 right there is good enough to get the Knicks to the 50 win mark, and leap right over us.

Edited by northcyde

:thumbsdownsmileyanim:

Prim example of other fans thinking players of another team is better then their team just because they like the names. lol

I will take the Hawks team over that core any day buddy

KNICKS ------------------ HAWKS

Ellis ------------------------ Teague

Johnson ------------------- Jamal

Gallanari ------------------ Marvin

Amare --------------------- Smoove

Lee ------------------------- Horford

Even if you replaed Ellis with Chris Duhon, that'll give them more of a playmaking PG, instead of a scorer like Ellis.

KNICKS ------------------ HAWKS

Ellis ------------------------ Teague

Johnson ------------------- Jamal

Gallanari ------------------ Marvin

Amare --------------------- Smoove

Lee ------------------------- Horford

Even if you replaed Ellis with Chris Duhon, that'll give them more of a playmaking PG, instead of a scorer like Ellis.

I would think Stoudemire would much rather play with James or Wade then JJ.....same with Bosh.

Don't you ?

You mean the team that beat us 3 times last year?

Teke . . don't be fooled man. When the Knicks add the 2 big free agents to come play for them, it'll make it that much easier for them to sign other quality guys to play with them. And they have a major trade chip in Eddy Curry and his expiring 11 million contract.

Here are the moves the Knicks could make:

- Sign JJ and Stoudamire to near max money ( Amare would get the Max, while JJ would get near the max )

- trade Eddy Curry for a player that another team desperately wants to get rid of because of cap/lack of chemistry reasons. ( Monta Ellis or Emeka Okafor anyone? )

- re-sign David Lee to a 1st big contract Max deal, because they still own his Bird rights. ( 5 yrs - 70 - 75 million )

Roster

G - Ellis

G - Johnson

F - Gallanari

F - Stoudemire

F/C - Lee

As of right now, if the Knicks ran that lineup at us, we'd have MAJOR PROBLEMS stopping them. That squad instantly becomes Phoenix East, with JJ having free reign to be a playmaker, or a spot up shooter, or a go-to guy. But Eddy Curry's expiring contract is the main piece that could bring them a quality 3rd player back to them. There are a number of bad contract, but decent players that Curry could potentially be traded for ( especially by the February trade deadline )

- Monta Ellis

- Emeka Okafor

- Richard Hamilton

- Andris Biendrins ( only because he's big )

- Baron Davis

- Jose Calderon

- LOL . . . Marvin Williams ( if the Hawks wanted to get out from under that contract by next year )

And the Knicks are a team that doesn't worry about payroll, if the team is winning. They go to the games regardless, win or lose.

That starting 5 right there is good enough to get the Knicks to the 50 win mark, and leap right over us.

Yep. They have Lees bird rights and gave him more than the QA to keep him happy. Wilson Chandler is a good guy off the bench as well or decent trade value.

I would think Stoudemire would much rather play with James or Wade then JJ.....same with Bosh.

Don't you ?

No, Amar'e about the money. His current team was actually contending and he's opting out of a 17 mil contract to get more. Bosh also said he wants to be "the man" so what combination of those FAs would that be more possible? Stop hating on JJ, each one of these guys want him going to war with them so where ever he lands...he won't be alone.

No, Amar'e about the money. His current team was actually contending and he's opting out of a 17 mil contract to get more. Bosh also said he wants to be "the man" so what combination of those FAs would that be more possible? Stop hating on JJ, each one of these guys want him going to war with them so where ever he lands...he won't be alone.

Can't really blame Amare for opting out. One injury and he loses 4 to 5 years worth of big paydays; plus a new CBA could cut his next contract also. Way I am hearing it is Chicago is going to try and sell LeBron on Bosh and go all out for both. Wade will get either Boozer or JJ; or both if they can move Beasley.

And that leaves Amare for NY and this is where JJ comes into play with D Antonio...

Its all rumors and speculation; but this makes sense to me.

Can't really blame Amare for opting out. One injury and he loses 4 to 5 years worth of big paydays; plus a new CBA could cut his next contract also. Way I am hearing it is Chicago is going to try and sell LeBron on Bosh and go all out for both. Wade will get either Boozer or JJ; or both if they can move Beasley.

And that leaves Amare for NY and this is where JJ comes into play with D Antonio...

Its all rumors and speculation; but this makes sense to me.

Well Buzz, there are big pay days and then there is Amar'e who has been rather adamant about being worthy of the max and getting a pay raise from the already 17 mil that he is supposed to make next season. After the season he had and the teams flush with money, the Suns already lost that game of chicken. Either way, there's what the organization wants, what fans want and what the players want. Unfortunately for us and these organizations, when it comes to players like these you give in and these players want Joe Johnson on their team. Hell I remember not too long ago Kobe Bryant saying no go on a trade to Chicago if Luol Deng was part of the deal and lambasting the Lakers for not trading Bynum for Kidd :tease: Just goes to show why players don't make good GMs but with these teams competing for these guys, if Lebron were to say he wants to play with Fran Vasquez you best believe each one of em will be fighting each other through that American Airlines terminal to get to him first.

I went over this in another thread. The Knicks will not be able to afford all 3 (Amare, JJ, David Lee). They will be about 5 million short.