• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ Sign And Trade

CrawDaddy

With all the speculation surrounding JJ signing with the Knicks, more and more talk has been about a possible S&T. Thought we'd get a topic rolling on the subject to see if anyone had any thoughts. I don't think it's possible with the Knicks, since they don't have anyone close of equal value (hell, they don't even really have anyone under contract, much like the Heat) .

I've heard a Joe to Washington for Gilbert rumor, but I definitely don't see that happening.

I've also seen some possible Joe to Chicago for Deng/filler talk, which makes more sense to me, although is still less than palatable for me since I think Deng's skill level is about the same as Chillz, albeit they fill different roles.

The Hawks dont have a whole lot of leverage. The best chance they have is if JJ insist on the extra 20 mill or so he can get out of a sign and trade. If the Knicks were willling to part with picks would a 3 team trade involving the Knicks Hawks and a team willing to take the Knicks pick for a restricted or unrestricted free agent in a sign and trade be possible? Something like the Griz get picks from NY, the Knicks get JJ and the Hawks get Rudy Gay?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The Hawks have only one thing going for him if Broussard's twitterdeedums are correct:

Two teams are interested in paying JJ far too much money.

Taj Gibson vs. Wilson Chandler

^^^And that's probably stretching it. A 2nd rounder is more likely.

The Hawks dont have a whole lot of leverage. The best chance they have is if JJ insist on the extra 20 mill or so he can get out of a sign and trade. If the Knicks were willling to part with picks would a 3 team trade involving the Knicks Hawks and a team willing to take the Knicks pick for a restricted or unrestricted free agent in a sign and trade be possible? Something like the Griz get picks from NY, the Knicks get JJ and the Hawks get Rudy Gay?

If he opts for NYK that puts us in a really bad spot.

i agree

From reading these posts can I assume that most fans on this board don't think the Hawks will get anything (S & T) for Johnson (I don't think so either!)? Too bad - I hate to lose JJ but it is even worse when the Hawks don't get any compensation for him!

Knicks don't have picks either lmao. If he's willing to take a pay cut then the sign and trade is out the window, he's already saving them cap and believes he can make up the money elsewhere. Only way it happens is if they feel generous so all the haters better make nice over the next 2 weeks.