• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf Expects Joe will Stay in The A

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
Effort. Effort. That's all it is. It's frustrating. I'm not the kind of person who's going to go out there and point people out. I'll let them know.

But you're not going to see me cursing somebody out. They know what they have to do and it's frustrating when the effort is not there.

Yeah we know Al. You do all your pointing out through the media.

I really can't blame all for being a little salty. He has neededhelp in the post since he arrived. Zaza is making 500,000 more than him and Smoove makes a few million more. The team has drafted guards as opposed to bigs since he has been here and made no serious efforts to acquire difference makers at th PF or C position.

He and JJ always appeared to have good chemistry and were the leaders of this team. If one of them has to be moved, I am all for trying to move Josh for a C like Al Jefferson. The difference is that Josh has so much more sentimental value to Hawk fans because he is a hometown guy. He may notneed to say those things to the media but that doesn't mean they don't carry merit.

In fairness to Josh, the 4 years before Al got here he played C on more than one occasion and was our only reliable post defender. Sure Zaza would show up for a game or two but thats all you would get out of him for 2 weeks.

Even now Josh and Al account for almost all our defense around the basket. Josh playing the 4 is having to run back to get weakside blocks. He's expending tons of energy and effort due to the backcourt's bad defense.

I heard about the yelling matches during the playoffs and the locker room was/is in 3 factions. Joe/Woody, Bibby/Jamal/vets, Smoove/Horf/Teague/Marvin. The vets that have come through Atlanta have always been amazed at the lack of structure Woody has, but liked that he let them have free reign. The younger players have resented Woody for giving into Joe all the time and not letting them step up. Joe and Woody thought everyone complained too much considering they were winning.

In all honesty Al is the key to the discontent. He's the only one that has won any sort of substantive championship. He knows things were run badly under Woody which is why I think he wants Joe back to see if anything changes on the floor with a new coach.

OR

He's doing the smart thing and talking up Joe to increase his value in a sign and trade

All Jefferson wants no part of playing center so look elsewhere people.

Unless he goes to play with Orlando, one of the LA teams, or some other team that has something like a true center (can't think of anyone right now), then Jefferson is going to spend time playing the 5.

Having Jefferson and Al in the same front court would be great for the Hawks. Those guys can switch off playing the opposition's back to the basket guy and share the low block on offense. Al would make it work as he's team oriented and would ultimately benefit from a rebounder and descent back to the basket guy like Jefferson.

• Premium Member

Al Horford needs to shut his mouth, I bet if this was Smoove, or maybe even Marvin making these comments the reaction from u so called fans would be much different.....

Smoove would have been killed but since Al is the media darling I doubt you'll hear a word.

Unless he goes to play with Orlando, one of the LA teams, or some other team that has something like a true center (can't think of anyone right now), then Jefferson is going to spend time playing the 5.

Having Jefferson and Al in the same front court would be great for the Hawks. Those guys can switch off playing the opposition's back to the basket guy and share the low block on offense. Al would make it work as he's team oriented and would ultimately benefit from a rebounder and descent back to the basket guy like Jefferson.

Adding Darko alone late in the season increased his efficiency by moving him to PF so pretty much any 7 foot stiff will get it done. That team is moving on with the idea that Darko will be their starting center thus why Al's even on the block to begin with because in terms of cost, Love is cheaper and a better passer for the triangle.

Smoove would have been killed but since Al is the media darling I doubt you'll hear a word.

Yes Smith would be killed becase it would have been one of the few times he's actually talked publically. Second, Smith has a history of petulance. Third, everyone knows Al needs to play most of his minutes at the 4. Ergo: Al gets the benefit of the doubt. If Smith wasn't so immature and actually talked with the media he would be such a target. Of course if he was more mature, Al wouldn't have made the comments...

• Like 2

Al doesn't b*tch or pout or moan every 5 seconds so when he says something it is viewed as coming from a core of maturity rather than a child throwing a tantrum.

• Like 1

making excuses for AL again I see, At the end of the day: Al needs to learn what STFU means, he's no star, and hasn't accomplished anything in this league or earned the right to call anyone out. Not like he played lights out in the playoffs either..

Jefferson played Center most of last season, he is even listed as a center while Love is listed PF. I do admit Horford talks alil bit to much, but he plays with the most heart and look like the only one who gave a damn against the Magic.