• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Houston to offer Kevin Martin for Joe

NJHAWK

No way should we want to have anything to do with Martin unless we were immediately sending him to another team

Joe to Houston

Martin to Nets

Harris to ATL

and whatever fillers needed to make it work but no way should we be looking at Martin .

No way should we want to have anything to do with Martin unless we were immediately sending him to another team

Joe to Houston

Martin to Nets

Harris to ATL

and whatever fillers needed to make it work but no way should we be looking at Martin .

Why would you not want Martin but want a less efficient Devin Harris? I trust starting Teague more than starting Crawford (aka Crawful as a starter: FG 40%)

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1

I am not a fan of either Harris or Martin, they are good players but limited potential and they do not make us a better team, they just fill in the blank. This is like adding John Salmons.

• Like 1

You honestly have no idea what you are talking about. Go look at his actual shooting numbers before you call him a chucker. The guy is one of the best shooters in the NBA and you are calling him a chucker? Cmon now. Someone drank too much hatorade this morning.

2009-2010 Stats from hoopdata.com

At the Rim: JJ- 58.1% KM- 56.0%

<10 Feet: JJ- 51.1% KM- 49.1%

10-15 Feet: JJ- 47.7% KM- 30.9%

16-23 Feet: JJ- 40.49% KM- 40.5%

3pt Shots: JJ- 36.9% KM- 33.1%

JJ is far superior to KM in every single facet of the game with the exception of getting to the FT line and shooting 3-4* better from there. Getting him would be better than getting nothing if JJ walks without a SnT. Lets not get carried away and make KM seem like more than he is. The emergence of Tyreke Evans made him expendable. If he was so good, teams wouldn't be so eager to move him. I will say again he is better than nothing though. Good high quality scorer. His defense leaves alot to be desired though.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

I really think Battier would play very very well with Horford. I like that combo a lot with the combination of smarts and hustle defense. Our back court would leave a ton to be desired on the defensive side but our front court of Marvin, Battier, Horford, and Smoove would be incredible. If we could receive Martin/Battier/pick for Joe/Moe that would be nice. Not sure how that in and of itself makes the Rockets better though.

Why would you not want Martin but want a less efficient Devin Harris? I trust starting Teague more than starting Crawford (aka Crawful as a starter: FG 40%)

because hes the new Michael Redd and I would rather get Harris and have him take us all the way to a uptempo team at least than have Kmart play 45 games a year and us not winning regardless . Jamal has also never started for us so you dont know what he'd do as a starter just as last summer he was gonna suck and chuck and shoot a low percentage and Flip is better etc .

• Premium Member

2009-2010 Stats from hoopdata.com

At the Rim: JJ- 58.1% KM- 56.0%

<10 Feet: JJ- 51.1% KM- 49.1%

10-15 Feet: JJ- 47.7% KM- 30.9%

16-23 Feet: JJ- 40.49% KM- 40.5%

3pt Shots: JJ- 36.9% KM- 33.1%

JJ is far superior to KM in every single facet of the game with the exception of getting to the FT line and shooting 3-4* better from there. Getting him would be better than getting nothing if JJ walks without a SnT. Lets not get carried away and make KM seem like more than he is. The emergence of Tyreke Evans made him expendable. If he was so good, teams wouldn't be so eager to move him. I will say again he is better than nothing though. Good high quality scorer. His defense leaves alot to be desired though.

Er whose doing what now? All I said was that Martin is a good shooter, he's a good scorer and he's an average defender. I already said before we'd be losing in value by trading Joe for him BUT I do think Martin is the best we can do talent wise in a SnT for Joe.

Look at Martin's career numbers, he's a consistent good shooter and scorer. The fact he actually attacks the basket and gets foul calls is a definite plus we would never get from Joe.

Er whose doing what now? All I said was that Martin is a good shooter, he's a good scorer and he's an average defender. I already said before we'd be losing in value by trading Joe for him BUT I do think Martin is the best we can do talent wise in a SnT for Joe.

Look at Martin's career numbers, he's a consistent good shooter and scorer. The fact he actually attacks the basket and gets foul calls is a definite plus we would never get from Joe.

I quoted the wrong post Sothron. My bad. Wasn't trying to call you out. I just wanted to point that out since we had a few people in this thread trying to say he is better than JJ.

Kevin Martin is slaw. He is Corey Maggette lite. Yeah, he gets to the line. Yeah, he shoots a decent percentage. To do so he has to so discombobulate your offense that nobody else can function. And he is not an average defender or below average, he is one of the worst perimeter defenders in the league. He kills his team on both ends of the court while puffing up his stats. Avoid him at all costs. You'd be better off losing JJ for nothing or just a pick/Jared Jeffries.

Edited by MemphisX
  • Like 2