• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I truely believe if Joe stays, it will be because a major trade is coming through.

Joker

I think Joe goes to New York or Chicago otherwise. But if we can trade Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, and picks for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor. We become the best team in the league. Two potential elite players, CP3(is elite) and Al Horford(can be) with a star in Joe Johnson is better than any team in the NBA.

Chris Paul/Teague/Bibby

Joe Johnson/Jordan Crawford

Marvin Williams/filler

Al Horford/filler or Zaza

Emeka Okafor/JaVale McGee(if the SnT with Washington goes through)/Zaza

This is championship team in my opinion and one that can win it all multiple times. Of course I wonder if CP3 is truly on the market but I really think he is and New Orleans are willing to do this to get Crawford expiring and Smith smaller contract with All Star abilities since CP3 is likely on his way out in 2012. I know I made a topic like this before but I really think we need to be in talks with New Orleans. This might have been the trades which Sund was referring to at All Star break about major deals in the off-season that he was talking about with other teams. If this is the case, Sund drafted Jordan Crawford who is a scoring machine, A+ move at 27. Trading the 31st for 3 million dollars which will help resign Joe which would be golden. Traded for Chris Paul and Okafor which are needed pieces on this roster as well a bonafide superstar in Paul. Can I say Executive of the Year.

Edited by nbasuperstar40
  • Like 3

That would be my dream scenario. Seems like the Hawks are never included in a blockbuster deal like that but this would make up for everything in the past. I agree, this would be the best team on paper in the NBA.

Hey guys, if the Amare SnT trade to Orlando goes through, your talking about the Southeast Division being amazing.

Orlando

Jameer Nelson/White Chocolate/ Anthony Johnson

Redick/Barnes

PietrusLewis//Barnes

Amare/Lewis

Dwight/Orton

Miami

talented filler/Mario

Wade/filler

Lebron James/filler

talented filler/filler

talented filler like Haywood/filler

Atlanta

Chris Paul/Teague/Bibby

Marvin Williams/filler

Washington

John Wall and the boys

Charlotte is still a good team as well.

That would be crazy. I think James could go to LAC, Chicago, or Miami. Riley has to make magic happen for the second time but will Wade do it. Play with another SS and share GOAT player talks with James.

I think Joe goes to New York or Chicago otherwise. But if we can trade Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, and picks for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor. We become the best team in the league. Two potential elite players, CP3(is elite) and Al Horford(can be) with a star in Joe Johnson is better than any team in the NBA.

Chris Paul/Teague/Bibby

Marvin Williams/filler

This is championship team in my opinion and one that can win it all multiple times. Of course I wonder if CP3 is truly on the market but I really think he is and New Orleans are willing to do this to get Crawford expiring and Smith smaller contract with All Star abilities since CP3 is likely on his way out in 2012. I know I made a topic like this before but I really think we need to be in talks with New Orleans. This might have been the trades which Sund was referring to at All Star break about major deals in the off-season that he was talking about with other teams. If this is the case, Sund drafted Jordan Crawford who is a scoring machine, A+ move at 27. Trading the 31st for 3 million dollars which will help resign Joe which would be golden. Traded for Chris Paul and Okafor which are needed pieces on this roster as well a bonafide superstar in Paul. Can I say Executive of the Year.

You would not see that kind of trade without Mike Bibby being involved. Bibby has to go in any scenario that would make this team move Josh Smith. Like it or not, Josh Smith sells tickets. Owners don't trade players that sell tickets without dumping salary in the process. Additionally, there is a whole lot of offense to replace when you drop crawford and Smith from the roster. Chris Paul alone does not make that up. That starting lineup can not reliably shoot the 3 because only Horford would command a double team inside. Other than Paul, teams would play man zone and stop almost all penetration.

You would not see that kind of trade without Mike Bibby being involved. Bibby has to go in any scenario that would make this team move Josh Smith. Like it or not, Josh Smith sells tickets. Owners don't trade players that sell tickets without dumping salary in the process. Additionally, there is a whole lot of offense to replace when you drop crawford and Smith from the roster. Chris Paul alone does not make that up. That starting lineup can not reliably shoot the 3 because only Horford would command a double team inside. Other than Paul, teams would play man zone and stop almost all penetration.

Josh Smith sells lots of tickets in Atlanta :cant believe:

Chris Paul wouldn't sell tickets in Atlanta :cant believe:

Sorry bro but I am not catching your drift. I would like Bibby to go too but his contract value is Speedy like so we will have to wait till his contract year or hope he retires for him to leave. CP3 offense easily replaces either of the those players and Horford and Marvin needs more shot anyway. Not to mention Jordan Crawford is Jamal's replacement. Horford was doubled a lot last season and more than any other player on the team not named Joe Johnson. Only team who did not double Al in the post was Orlando and for obvious reasons (D12).

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I cant see the Hornets going for that deal. Although its not as bad as Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson for Paul which was the BS rumor on draft day.

I don't know, he's been on the block for awhile and this deal is a great deal if your looking for young talent plus cap relief for Paul. You really have to remember that Okafor was a really bad deal for them. For us, Okafor could be better because Al defense is superior to West which makes Okafor not have to do so much on defense in covering for West's deficiencies.

• Premium Member

I'll say this... Sund has had some level of success in making big trades, and... dare I jinx things here... I know I personally could feel a lot more anxiety than I do with him making decisions. I still trust him to be creative and shrewd.

I cant see the Hornets going for that deal. Although its not as bad as Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson for Paul which was the BS rumor on draft day.

That deal is better than many of the deals that have been mentioned. Personaly, I do not believe Chris Paul will get traded. However, considering that the deals being thrown around that mention him include him being traded for Devin Harris and Yi Jianlian or Jameer Nelson and an old Vince Carter, you will have a hard time finding a better deal than New Orleans getting a young, budding star in Josh Smith along with a proven scorer with an expiring contract in Jamal Crawford.

I believe Josh is such a difference maker defensively and can be very explosive offensively when he plays close to the rim that it makes him a budding star along with his athleticism.

What's funny is that all these teams who are trying to clear cap space to make a run at Lebron, Dwyane, Amare, Chris, and Carlos, if the Hawks are able to resign Joe Johnson and can pull off trading for Chris Paul, then the balance of power in the East may actually shift to Atlanta. You are going to have a hard time finding a better trio than Chris Paul, Joe Johnson, and Al Horford. Yes, Joe's contract will be an albatross at the max level in a couple of years, but if it gets a championship to Atlanta in that time span, who cares?

• Premium Member

Chris Paul/Teague/Bibby

Marvin Williams/filler

That would be an ideal ending.

CP3 + Joe + Horf = Championship shot.

• Premium Member

Chris Paul/Teague/Bibby

Marvin Williams/filler

From your text to God's ears. :helpsmilie:

You would not see that kind of trade without Mike Bibby being involved. Bibby has to go in any scenario that would make this team move Josh Smith. Like it or not, Josh Smith sells tickets. Owners don't trade players that sell tickets without dumping salary in the process.

Why would any one want Bibby until next year ? Its not who we want to give up but who other teams want. You have to look at both perspectives. Right ?

BTW.........Paul would sell way more tickets then Smoove ever did. Paul would bring basketball purist back to Phillips. Smoove has a Mike Vick like "street charm" but he drives us b-ball purist nuts !

Saying Smoove sells more tickets then Paul would is the pure craziness.

Additionally, there is a whole lot of offense to replace when you drop crawford and Smith from the roster. Chris Paul alone does not make that up. That starting lineup can not reliably shoot the 3 because only Horford would command a double team inside. Other than Paul, teams would play man zone and stop almost all penetration.

Paul would make every player on this team better. Scoring would not be a problem with Paul running show. He took a team of mifits to the WC Finals 2 years ago.

Edited by coachx

If that trade went through Bibby would want to be traded. His minutes were arleady cut into this past year by Crawford. If he had to share PG duties with Paul & Teague he would not get any PT.

From your text to God's ears. :helpsmilie:

I agree Sothron! If New Orleans is truly building towards the future, I proposed the following deal:

Atlanta receives: Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor

New Orleans receives: Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Mike Bibby, Nick Collison, and another player (couldn't quite get it to work)

Oklahoma City receives: David West

That gives New Orleans Crawford and Collison's expiring deals to go along with Peja's. It also rids them of Okafor's contract. They get a vet PG to mentor Collison.

If that trade went through Bibby would want to be traded. His minutes were arleady cut into this past year by Crawford. If he had to share PG duties with Paul & Teague he would not get any PT.

So what ?

No team will want Bibby until his contract is expiring which is the season after this one coming up.

Why do you not look at both perspectives ?

If we are getting Chris Paul for a 31 year old Crawford and head case like Smoove we would be in no postion to make trade demands.

Edited by coachx

Find one of the 29 other teams that want Bibby?

I agree Sothron! If New Orleans is truly building towards the future, I proposed the following deal:

Atlanta receives: Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor

New Orleans receives: Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Mike Bibby, Nick Collison, and another player (couldn't quite get it to work)

Oklahoma City receives: David West

That gives New Orleans Crawford and Collison's expiring deals to go along with Peja's. It also rids them of Okafor's contract. They get a vet PG to mentor Collison.

I know OKC would love West but benching Green might not be something they want to do but it could work. New Orleans would have a max deal and nice change available if they make this deal for 2011. I would think they want more for West than cap since he is fairly cheap for his overall numbers. I think they will trade West for a young SF with good potential (ex. Austin Daye) and a low wage expiring.

I know OKC would love West but benching Green might not be something they want to do but it could work. New Orleans would have a max deal and nice change available if they make this deal for 2011. I would think they want more for West than cap since he is fairly cheap for his overall numbers. I think they will trade West for a young SF with good potential (ex. Austin Daye) and a low wage expiring.

Actually Green is more of a SF than a PF. They could move Durant to SG. They'd be a long team for sure.

Westbrook

Durant

Green

West

Krstic

I think that's a really solid squad in the West.

Actually Green is more of a SF than a PF. They could move Durant to SG. They'd be a long team for sure.

Westbrook

Durant

Green

West

Krstic

I think that's a really solid squad in the West.

More like a very good lineup which is close to elite.