• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Assume "Voltron Unite" scenario in Miami

sturt

• Premium Member

But seriously... is that our worst-case scenario?

And, regardless of that, how do you perceive the dominoes falling after that (ie, which players to which teams in order)?... just for fun, in a kind of masochistic kinda way...

Miami doesn't have enough to fill a competitive team but if they land Lebron and Wade with good fillers than it will be tough to match. The worst case scenario is CP3 to Orlando because our abilities to make major moves outside of that one is bleak and we would more than likely lose Joe as well.

I don't see how they really complement each other. All 3 will have to learn to play off the ball.

The Celtics big 3 was perfect 3 years ago. Pierce was the 1 on 1 guy. Allen is one of the best 5 shooters of all time who is excellent at playing off the ball. KG was Defensive Player of the year material as well as a team player on offense.

Bosh is no KG. Bosh's defense is very suspect, nor is he the post player that KG is.

Niether Wade nor James can shoot from the perimeter like Pierce or Allen could but they are better iso players.

Will they find a PG and Center as good as Rondo and Perkins ? Doubtful.

It would be like Team USA losing to inferior athletes in Europe b/c of basketball chemistry.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Am I the only one that finds it ridiculous that the NBA would allow three of the best players to to even consider being on the same team? Stupid! The NBA product as whole is already suffering. How will concentrating league revenue more help? I have to seriously question the leadership of Stern if he allows for this ruthless power grab to take place. Three of the best in the league, in their prime, led by the great Pat Riley. Three words: monopolistic business practices!

Honestly weather the Hawks signs JJ could end up being meaningless. If Bron, Wade and Bosh decide to Voltron Unite it's over for the next 10 years and that's a sad realization as a Hawks fan.

If Miami signs James they will then target fillers.

Felton

Wade

James

M. Beasley

Haywood

is probably what the ideal starting unit would look like. Haywood to defend Dwight, Felton as a PG since no other PG is available, Beasley spreads the court for Wade and James.

That's a tough team to beat, extremely tough.

• Premium Member

If Miami signs James they will then target fillers.

Felton

Wade

James

M. Beasley

Haywood

is probably what the ideal starting unit would look like. Haywood to defend Dwight, Felton as a PG since no other PG is available, Beasley spreads the court for Wade and James.

That's a tough team to beat, extremely tough.

M. Beasley is as good as gone. I would be shocked if he's on the roster.

M. Beasley is as good as gone. I would be shocked if he's on the roster.

I don't think other teams want him that bad and Miami seems to only want to trade him for cap relief for 2010 and not for later years. I don't think Miami will trade him.

• Premium Member

LOL@Votron (DefenderOftheUniverse...)

Is there any way they could sign all three without a SnT? Because if not, there is no way in HELL Cleveland or Toronto would let this happen. There'd be no point fielding a team in the East for the foreseeable future.

• Premium Member

Now...if it's just LBJ and Wade down there, I assume JJ comes back and Bosh looks at a deal with Chicago 1st or a SnT with us 2nd. I don't know why nobody figures us to be an ideal destination, but we've got a talented core. With JJ and one of these big name bigs being tossed around (Amare, Dirk, Bosh, Booze)...man, we'd be tough to beat. We've no shot at LBJ or DWade, because our ownership has no stones. But I could see us looking into one of the bigs on the market.

When we finally do decide to grow up, THIS is what has to change. We have got to promote a serious about winning attitude around here. I don't care what our record says, we're the Clippers of the East.

• Premium Member

But if they sign all 3 do they have any money left for anyone other than a league minimum. Also - why does everyone trash Beasley - he seems like he always played well against us. (I know about his rehab, but still..)

I think Beasley is their version of Marvin Williams in that he tends to disappear at key moments.

• Premium Member

But if they sign all 3 do they have any money left for anyone other than a league minimum. Also - why does everyone trash Beasley - he seems like he always played well against us. (I know about his rehab, but still..)

I don't even think it matters... You could run those guys 3 on 5 lol. On that note, I know there are always going to be some people downplaying how two of these guys would be effective together, but that is the nature of NBA Championship teams. There's always a MJ/Pippen, Bird/McHale, Shaq/Kobe, Magic/Worthy....and the more dominant teams have talent oozing even outside of their big 2. A trio of Bosh, Wade, and LBJ would steamroll over the league. It's not even funny (or fairangry.gif).

• Premium Member

I agree that if all three join in Miami that the NBA has lost its mind. Seriously it already is a valid question as to why anyone should be a fan of a non elite team because ZERO non elite teams ever win. And now you take three of the best players in the NBA on one team in our division and we'll probably lose our best player? LOL. Oh man. :help wanted3:

• Premium Member

I don't actually worry too much about it... karma being the biatch it is.

Does anyone else recall how a line-up of Theus, Nique, and Moses were poised to rule the league (at least according to me and other ATL fans)?

Chemistry does matter.

But what about my follow-up, boys... if that occurs, what's the next set of dominoes you think will fall?

Edited by sturt

Does anyone else recall how a line-up of Theus, Nique, and Moses were poised to rule the league (at least according to me and other ATL fans)?

Chemistry does matter.

But what about my follow-up, boys... if that occurs, what's the next set of dominoes you think will fall?

You aren't seriously comparing an over the hill Moses, Theus and Dominique to LeBron, Wade and Bosh are you? As wing players, LeBron and Wade are better than Dominique ever was.

I wouldnt care all any coach worth a penny would do is go zone and force the brick crew to shoot over it especially in the playoffs . They would certainly look great feasting on garbage teams in the regular season and they do that individually now anyway .

• Premium Member

Chemistry does matter.

Moses was in his decline, Theus was just a scorer and Nique was admittedly one of the best ever to play the game. That team in no way compares to this supposed superteam of James, Wade and Bosh. The only team in recent memory to have that kind of combination would be the 80's Celtics with their front court and even they wouldn't be as good.

Moses was in his decline, Theus was just a scorer and Nique was admittedly one of the best ever to play the game. That team in no way compares to this supposed superteam of James, Wade and Bosh. The only team in recent memory to have that kind of combination would be the 80's Celtics with their front court and even they wouldn't be as good.

If top 50 of all time is one of the best to ever play the game correct, but he's no Lebron or Wade.