• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Assume "Voltron Unite" scenario in Miami

sturt

The only way the Heat can do this would be to trade Beasley to a team with cap space. If I were the other GM's I would collude to refuse to take Beasley. Why would I contribute to helping them make their super team. There is nothing that Beasley could contribute to any team to make that happen.

Beasley could contribute is not the question, it's helping Miami sign the transformers that is the problem. No one wants any part in that. Memphis is still paying for the Gasol trade in terms of respect among the league.

All you can hope for is the paper champion not working out. There have been other failed attempts like this, and the Yankees prove that signing all the best players does not always give you the best team.

The main team I think of is the Pippen-Barkley-Olajuwon Rockets team that did not do that well. Also, the Lakers with Malone-Payton-Kobe-Shaq got beat by a bunch of cast offs and no names at the time.

It looks like it would be phenomenal, but for now it is all on paper. They actually have to go out and win the games.

All you can hope for is the paper champion not working out. There have been other failed attempts like this, and the Yankees prove that signing all the best players does not always give you the best team.

The main team I think of is the Pippen-Barkley-Olajuwon Rockets team that did not do that well. Also, the Lakers with Malone-Payton-Kobe-Shaq got beat by a bunch of cast offs and no names at the time.

It looks like it would be phenomenal, but for now it is all on paper. They actually have to go out and win the games.

But, this is different. This 3 guys in their primes. Those other squads had pieces on the downside of their careers.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Sun-Sentinel: Wade, James and Bosh have talked of splitting Heat cash

This story contains the rub... DWade will get his 6th year.... by virtue of TOR's willingness to SnT, Bosh will get his 6th year... but the word is that CLE is not willing to go the SnT route, and therefore, his raises would be smaller and there would be no 6th year for the King... and therefore, these guys are talking about pooling their money into one and dividing equal shares... which sounds like a recipe for some very messy results eventually if you know anything about egos and human relationships and money.

For that reason, I'm tending to back off of my fears here.

That's just not a smart business move for LBJ, especially when there's probably more endorsement money awaiting him as the unquestioned leader for a New York franchise than as one of a threesome in Miami.

LOL, my question is...how would that NOT be one of the most "egregious" cases of tampering?!?!

Basically because players don't have the same rules as teams do.

For instance and very applicable here, they are not barred from colluding with each other in the same way that teams are barred from that.

"Tampering" requires a potential employer to contact a potential employee... employees are, on the other hand, free to contact each other to their heart's content. That's called a "union," except in this case, it's obviously a micro-union.

Edited by sturt

• Premium Member

Voltron Unite is getting a 26% chance with-a-bullet according to Las Vegas,

http://pregame.com/sports/stories/archive/2010/06/29/Miami-Heat-Odds_3A00_-Lebron-James-Free-Agency-Team-125072.aspx

Miami Heat Odds: Lebron James Free Agency Team

by RJ_Bell on 06/29/2010 10:29 AM

The press is buzzing about the odds of the Miami Heat landing Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, and Chris Bosh in free agency. RJ Bell of Pregame.com cuts through the uninformed speculation to confirm that yes, the Heat's odds have improved signifcantly since just yesterday.

Odds of Miami Heat or other leading teams landing Lebron James in Free Agency:

Chicago Bulls: 43%

Miami Heat: 26% (up from 14% yesterday)

Cleveland Cavs: 18%

New York Knicks: 4%

New Jersey Nets: 4%

LA Clippers: 2.5%

Dallas Mavs: 2.5%

If they signed James, Wade, & Bosh the Heat would then be over the cap.

That is what kind a the whole point.

You have been around this board a year. now You should know northcyde already knows this.

No it doesnt work like that the MLE is based on the previous years salary not the future salary .

If you are under the cap as of the 1st of July you dont have a MLE to use for next year if you are over the cap on the first you do . So every team that is under the cap can only sign up to the cap limit and then must start handing out league minimum contracts .

They would not get a MLE to use until 2011-2012 season .

• Like 1

Quick questioni: I know free agency starts July 1st, but when does free agency end? What day?

Not sure but you can't sign someone till the 8th of July.