• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JJ is Cuban's first target

Final_quest

• Moderators

Orlando had cap, lots of it. That's been the debate around here. We have zero leverage losing Joe to a team that can already afford him but to a team that can't we have all the leverage in the world. If Dallas strikes out on every other free agent and Joe is their last remaining option they will change their stance. Cuban can waste Dirks last few championship worthy years waiting on Robo Bobo to become Deron Williams or he can get the already proven Joe. He made the same decision 3 seasons ago with Devin Harris.

I agree. We can play hardball with Dallas. We can't with the teams with cap room. We have leverage to completely block the JJ/Dallas deal if that is what JJ and Dallas want to do. I don't know how they pass on JJ for Roddy when they already have Kidd and JT along with Dirk and other veterans who are in "win now" mode. This team can't wait three years to blossom.

I just don't see anyway they part with RB. Just three days ago on ESPN, they were talking about Jason Kidd starting some games on the bench so RB can get some starts and Kidd can get some rest as well. I'm not saying there is no way they trade him but I just don't see it.

Am I the only one that thinks that Dirk + JJ > Dirk + RB??

If we can walk with any combination of RB, Damp, or Butler I think that's a great upgrade to our deficiencies now, and gives us cap space to continue building for the future. I admit I did like the houston scenerio as well but this is the best we can hope for