• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Do you think we keep Joe and trade Smoove?

Diesel

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Just a little Joe and Smoove talk.

For us to get to the next level, we will have to have ball movement, but it also may require us getting a big. Horf wants to be a PF. What do we do??

• Like 1

Im ready to move on from the song and dance that is Josh Smith. The Paul trade sounds good to me. The Noah one as well. Sadly Josh Smith doesnt have enough value to get us either trade.

Im ready to move on from the song and dance that is Josh Smith. The Paul trade sounds good to me. The Noah one as well. Sadly Josh Smith doesnt have enough value to get us either trade.

It would have less to with performance value and more to do with dollars and cents...........as do most NBA trades.

The whole catch is the Hornets getting Crawford's expiring deal and us taking on Okefor's longer deal. For Chris Paul its well worth it.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Chicago would burst into flames if we offered a Smoove for Noah straight up. They couldn't sign fast enough for that. What does Noah give you that Josh Smith doesn't other than a little height. I know Smoove has had issues but he's one of the few guys in the nba that isn't easily replaced. I don' t understand why he is so undervalued around here.

• Like 1

Chicago would burst into flames if we offered a Smoove for Noah straight up. They couldn't sign fast enough for that. What does Noah give you that Josh Smith doesn't other than a little height. I know Smoove has had issues but he's one of the few guys in the nba that isn't easily replaced. I don' t understand why he is so undervalued around here.

A legit center who put up 14 and 13 in the playoffs. A guy who knows his role. A guy who has had great sucess winning college titles with Al Horford . I think that its the Hawks ( well bball man Rick Sund would who knows about micro mngr Gearon ) who would do the trade in a heartbeat not the Bulls.

Wow. Why trade Smoove? Because he has the best market value? I hope that's the only reason. I rather trade Al Horford anyday.

Smoove is a type of guy that is hard to find in the NBA. It's way more easier to replace a guy like Horford. I rather keep both, but if you're going to trade one, then Horford is the one that needs to go.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

Wow. Why trade Smoove? Because he has the best market value? I hope that's the only reason. I rather trade Al Horford anyday.

Smoove is a type of guy that is hard to find in the NBA. It's way more easier to replace a guy like Horford. I rather keep both, but if you're going to trade one, then Horford is the one that needs to go.

If we move either it can't be Horford. Horford can play Center which is a lot more difficult to find. We shouldn't trade either unless we can move Smoove for someone like Noah or a superstar like Carmelo Anthony

• Premium Member

After the trade kicker, Smith would make nearly $43M over the next three years. If Paul doesn't opt out, he's due only $6M more than Smith over that same time span. The Hawks would have to throw-in a TON of draft picks to get that done.

Realistically, it would take Horford to get Paul to Atlanta.

+1

Josh=Across the board +++

After the trade kicker, Smith would make nearly $43M over the next three years. If Paul doesn't opt out, he's due only $6M more than Smith over that same time span. The Hawks would have to throw-in a TON of draft picks to get that done.

Again......the trick is them getting rid of Okafor's longer contract for Crawford's expiring contract. That is where the Hornets owner would save over $40,000,000 from the 2011-12 season through the 2013-14 season.

That is kind of the only way this makes any sense.

If the owner is hard up for money these trades can happen but that is the only way.

I would be shocked if the ASG pulled that off but, as a fan, I would LOVE watching Chris Paul in a Hawks uniform. He would easily be 1 of the 3 best Hawks of all time (with Nique and Petit) and 1 of the 2 best Atlanta Hawks of all time. (No direspect to Sweet Lou Hudson)

Edited by coachx

Totally disagree here. You are undervalueing 7 foot true centers.

The only reason Boozer or Bosh would go to Chicago is b/c they have a real center in Noah. Sure they have Rose.....but the Heat have Wade. What the Heat do not have is a center.

PF are easy to find compared to Centers. Smoove may be the better player but Noah place the position in the highest demand.

The trade kicker is only for one year and it wouldn't make sense to keep Smith over Horford when Horford fits better with Paul and Okafor. I wouldn't do the deal if Horford was in it. So also, if it wasn't for the kicker, we wouldn't be able to do the deal for CP3/Okafor. CP3/Okafor 33 mil, Smith/Crawford 29 mil but with Smith kicker 34 mil.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

It would have less to with performance value and more to do with dollars and cents...........as do most NBA trades.

The whole catch is the Hornets getting Crawford's expiring deal and us taking on Okefor's longer deal. For Chris Paul its well worth it.

hahahaha no it wouldnt that trade is ridiculous what you are saying they are gonna DUMP Paul to get rid of Okafor when they have a SF in West and already have several expiring contracts on the books already ? Al,Josh,and Crawford is the only way they wouldnt laugh but then we would .

hahahaha no it wouldnt that trade is ridiculous what you are saying they are gonna DUMP Paul to get rid of Okafor when they have a SF in West and already have several expiring contracts on the books already ? Al,Josh,and Crawford is the only way they wouldnt laugh but then we would .

SAving $40,000,000 by moving Okafor for Crawford's expiring contract is nothing to hahaha about.

This move would be about saving money. The same reason Memphis dumped Gasol in the Lakers lap.

Looking at the results of this poll, it's clear that we as the fans of this franchise are just STARVING for a star PG. I am too. Color me starved, and please basketball gods, if there is any way you can do this for us, bring on Chris Paul! :worshippy: