• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Per Sekou's twitter, Wizards after Childress

Jody23

Then we just don't match The Wizards offer to Chillz and let them have him for nothing.

If a deal is in the works then we are keeping the player. Since the Wiz are under the cap it could be a smaller contract then what Chillz gets but the point is if they want to clear salary then let chillz walk.

I'd really like to see us get something for Chillz (actually I'd like to see us trade Marvin for him, but I guess you can't trade amongst your own players biggrin.gif ).

As long as Hinrich isn't being combined with any other players from the Wizards he could be traded again at any time.

Actually, the Wizards can package Hinrich with other players. The 2-month wait or trading a player by itself is a result of using the Traded Player Exception. As far as I know, the Wizards-Bulls trade didn't involve the TPE so there are no restrictions on Hinrich.

Actually, the Wizards can package Hinrich with other players. The 2-month wait or trading a player by itself is a result of using the Traded Player Exception. As far as I know, the Wizards-Bulls trade didn't involve the TPE so there are no restrictions on Hinrich.

Good to see the resident capologist hanging around.

The 60 day rule has nothing to do with acquiring players with a TPE. But yeah- as long as the Wizards are under the cap then the 60 day rule doesn't apply to them.

Edited by spotatl

Give us JaVale McGee

Give us JaVale McGee

That us a serious pipe dream in my opinion. Teams never trade 22 year old centers on cheap contracts with talent like his. not only is it a talnet rip off but a salary rip off too.

This what I want to see. Match the offer for Chillz and keep him......................Then that gives us the depth to shop Crawford and Evans expiring contracts for a real center.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

That us a serious pipe dream in my opinion. Teams never trade 22 year old centers on cheap contracts with talent like his. not only is it a talnet rip off but a salary rip off too.

This what I want to see. Match the offer for Chillz and keep him......................Then that gives us the depth to shop Crawford and Evans expiring contracts for a real center.

I'm just saying... look how many bigs they have. Something has to give.

I'm just saying... look how many bigs they have. Something has to give.

They have 2......Seraphin is a project that will be overseas for years, Blatche just broke his foot and had surgery leaving only Yi and McGee as their only bigs.

The 60 day rule has nothing to do with acquiring players with a TPE. But yeah- as long as the Wizards are under the cap then the 60 day rule doesn't apply to them.

Right, there is nothing about acquiring players with a TPE. However, the 60 day rule only applies when the TPE is invoked. I believe you are confusing a non-simultaneous trade move with the TPE. TPE can actually refer to two things: 1) whenever a team is over the cap and takes back more salary than they receive [i.e. whenever someone talks about being within 125%] 2)non-simultaneous trade. Non-simultaneous trade is what generates a "TPE" that is spoken about in the media. For instance, when the Nuggets traded away Marcus Camby for nothing the Nuggets actually generated a TPE in case they wished to make a move later on in which they took back equal salary than they traded away.

It appears when you see TPE you immediately think of 2), but this actually isn't the case. Think of last season when the Cavs and Wiz made a trade. Both teams were over the cap, so they couldn't just absorb the incoming salary. The Cavs-Wiz trade needed a salary cap exception in order to complete the trade. What exception? The Traded Player Exception, shortened to TPE. In that particular move, there was no "TPE" generated in the 2) sense because both teams were within 125%. However, the only way the trade could be completed is with the TPE.

So in my previous post whenever I said TPE I wasn't talking about the 2) sense, it was just shortening traded player exception.

Edited by hawksfanatic

You don't have the faintest clue what you are talking about. The 60 day rule means that for teams over the cap you cant aggregate the salary of the player you just received trade in order to satisfy the 125% + 100k rule. There is nothing about the 60 day rule only counting if there was a TPE generated as part of the deal.

To use an easy example- if the Nuggets traded Jr Smith (salary of 6.757 Million) to the Hawks for Marvin Williams (Salary of 6.712 mIllion) then there would be no TPE. But because they are over the cap the Hawks would have to wait 60 days if they then wanted to combine JR smith's salary with Maurice Evans in order to acquire a player that makes 10 million dollars a year.

TPE is the exception used for when players are attempting to trade players but they are over the cap and need to absorb salary. How can teams absorb salary if they over the cap? In your example, both the Hawks and Nuggets use the Traded Player Exception (TPE). Its the general exception for when over the cap teams take back 125% salary. You fail to realize that the TPE is used in your scenario and that is what governs the 60 day wait period. I am going to bold the part of the actual CBA where this is explained:

http://www.nbpa.org/sites/default/files/ARTICLE%20VII.pdf

(h)

Traded Player Exception.

(1) Subject to the rules set forth in Section 6(k) below, a Team may, for a period of one year following the date of the trade of a Player Contract to another Team, replace the Traded Player with one (1) or more players acquired by assignment as follows:

(i) A Team may replace a Traded Player with one (1) or more Replacement Players whose Player Contracts are acquired simultaneously and whose post-assignment Salaries for the then-current Salary Cap Year, in the aggregate, are no more than an amount equal to 125% of the pre-trade Salary (or Base Year Compensation, if applicable) of the Traded Player, plus $100,000.

(ii) If a Team’s trade of a player and acquisition of one (1) or more Replacement Players do not occur simultaneously, then the post-assignment Salary or aggregate Salaries of the Replacement Player(s) for the Salary Cap Year in which the Replacement Player(s) are acquired may not exceed 100% of the pre-trade Salary (or Base Year Compensation, if applicable) of the Traded Player at the time the Traded Player’s Contract was traded, plus $100,000.

(iii) A Team may aggregate the pre-trade Salaries in two (2) or more Player Contracts for the purpose of acquiring in a simultaneous trade one (1) or more Replacement Players whose post-trade Salaries, in the aggregate, are no more than an amount equal to 125% of the pre-trade aggregated Salaries (or Base Year Compensations, if applicable) of the Traded Players, plus $100,000. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, no Player Contract acquired pursuant to an Exception may

give rise to an aggregated trade exception for a period of two (2) months from the date the Player Contract is acquired.

(2) Except as provided in Section 6 (h)(3) below, and notwithstanding Section 6(k) below, a Team with a Team Salary below the Salary Cap may acquire one (1) or more players by assignment whose post-assignment Salaries, in the aggregate, are no more than an amount equal to the Team’s Room plus $100,000.

(3) In lieu of conducting the trade in accordance with Section 6(h)(2) above, and notwithstanding Section 6(k) below, a Team with a Team Salary below the Salary Cap may (i) replace a Traded Player with one (1) or more Replacement Players whose Player Contracts are acquired simultaneously and whose post-trade Salaries for the then-current Season, in the aggregate, are no more than an amount equal to 125% of the pre-trade Salary of the Traded Player, plus $100,000, or (ii) aggregate the pre-trade Salaries in two (2) or more Player Contracts for the purpose of acquiring in a simultaneous trade one (1) or more Replacement Players whose post-trade Salaries, in the aggregate, are no more than an amount equal to 125% of the pre-trade aggregated Salaries of the Traded Players, plus $100,000. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, no Player Contract acquired pursuant to an Exception may be traded by a Team in accordance with this Section 6(h)(3) for a period of two (2) months from the date the Player Contract is acquired.

(4) (i) For purposes of the Traded Player Exception, a player shall be subject to a Base Year Compensation in the event that the Team Salary of the player’s Team is at or above the Salary Cap and the player:

(A) is a Qualifying Veteran Free Agent or Early Qualifying Veteran Free Agent who, in accordance with Section 6(b)(1) or (3) above, enters into a new Player Contract with his prior Team that provides for a Salary for the first Season of such new Contract greater than 120% of the Salary for the last Season of the player’s immediately prior Contract (except that such a player shall not be subject to a Base Year Compensation if the new Contract provides for Salary equal to the Minimum Player Salary with no Unlikely Bonuses);

(B) is a First Round Pick who, in accordance with Section 7(b) below, enters into an Extension of his Rookie Scale Contract that provides for a Salary for the first Season of the extended term greater than 120% of the Salary for the last Season of the original term of the Contract; or

© will be subject to a Base Year Compensation on some future date based upon an Extension entered into prior to the date of this Agreement.

For purposes of Section 6(h)(4)(i)(A) above, if the player’s immediately prior Contract was a one-year Contract that provided for Salary equal to the Minimum Player Salary (with no Unlikely Bonuses), the player’s prior Salary shall include the portion of the Minimum Player Salary, if any, that was reimbursed out of the League-wide benefits fund described in Article IV, Section 5(k).

(ii) A player’s Base Year Compensation shall equal the greater of (A) the Salary for the last Season of his preceding Contract or, in the case of an 171

Extension, the last Season of the original term of the Contract (the preceding amount hereinafter referred to as the “Base Year Salary”), or (B) 50% of the Salary for the first Season of his new Contract (or extended term, if applicable). A player’s Base Year Compensation shall go into effect on the date the new contract is entered into or, in the case of an Extension, the day following the last day of the Moratorium Period that precedes the first Season of the extended term and shall expire and be of no further effect on the later of (x) the following June 30, or (y) six (6) months following the date the Base Year Compensation goes into effect.

(iii) If a player has a Base Year Compensation that, pursuant to Section 6(h)(4)(ii) above, expires six (6) months after it goes into effect and during such six (6) month period the player signs a new Contract with his prior Team, the player shall continue to be subject to a Base Year Compensation in his new Contract until the conclusion of such six (6) month period. For purposes of computing such Base Year Compensation during the new Contract, the player’s Base Year Salary shall equal the Base Year Compensation applicable under his prior Contract. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event the player is a Qualifying Veteran Free Agent or an Early Qualifying Veteran Free Agent, and the new Contract would itself subject the player to a Base Year Compensation in accordance with Section 6(h)(4)(i)(A) above, then the player shall be subject to a new Base Year Compensation for, the amount and duration of which shall be determined in accordance with Section 6(h)(4)(ii) above.

(iv) A player’s Base Year Compensation shall be extinguished upon any of the following:

(A) The Team Salary of the player’s Team falls below the Salary Cap, unless this occurs prior to the beginning of an extended term described in Section 6(h)(4)(i)(B) or © above;

(B) The player signs a Contract with a Team other than his Prior Team; or

© The player is traded, unless the trade occurs prior to the beginning of an extended term described in Section 6(h)(4)(i)(B) or © above.

When the Traded Player Exception (TPE) is used, the 60 day wait period is instated. Do you still want to tell me I haven't the faintest clue? Or do you want to admit that you are confusing "TPE" with a non-simultaneous trade?

The Wizards don't have to give us anything. Especially if we max Joe.

What if Atlanta says they don't care about the cap. Believe it or not, Diesel even stated that nothing is for sale for cheap. You want talent, you pay premium. This will give us the advantage in any deal we make from here on out. Atlanta just became the pretty girl at the prom for team who want Chillz or teams who want to trade their superstar for young well priced studs.

Us on Monday:

ugly_girl.jpg

Us on Friday:

2322-bar_rafaeli04.jpg

Uh oh. This thread now threatens to go on for decades. LOL.

Haha, I thought that as well. Unless a mod deleted his post, I think he has realized the misunderstanding now.

• Premium Member

So just to be clear since the Wizards would be under the cap after getting Kirk they could then turn right around and trade him to us? Or would they have to wait two months after July 8th when the trade with the Bulls is official?