• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Per Sekou's twitter, Wizards after Childress

Jody23

Hawks can match an offer sheet like orlando did last season on gortat and if they want to avoid the luxury tax implications can trade away salary at any point during the season.

Calling atlanta's bluff due to the impending jj business wouldn't be a wise gamble.

I misunderstood what you were saying and I deleted the post evidently while you were composing a response. I do apologize for jumping to conclusions.

Thats understandable. I am not always the clearest poster to read. There are times I will look over some of my previous posts and think "wtf? I could have said this better."

Edited by hawksfanatic

So that crazy translated rumor may have had some weight after all. Whoda thunk it. I hope the part about us getting Mgee in a prearranged deal was true as well. Here is a crazy ?, since Chills technically isnt an nba free agent and under contract with a foreign team would it be against nba rules for the Hawks and Wiz to already have prenegotiated a s & t before July 1st? I prolly asked this same ? last year but forgot the answer :question:

Edited by NJHAWK

• Premium Member

So that crazy translated rumor may have had some weight after all. Whoda thunk it. I hope the part about us getting Mgee in a prearranged deal was true as well. Here is a crazy ?, since Chills technically isnt an nba free agent and under contract with a foreign team would it be against nba rules for the Hawks and Wiz to already have prenegotiated a s & t before July 1st? I prolly asked this same ? last year but forgot the answer :question:

He's been clasified as an RFA where the NBA is concerned for two years, and that doesn't change... and since RFAs can legally seek a contract, indeed, I don't know why that wouldn't be the case that Chilz could have already worked things out on an offer... and it's never illegal for teams to negotiate trades.

• Moderators

McGee is a pipedream but something else might be possible. As GSUteke says, if we start the year over the luxury tax line it doesn't mean we can't unload some salary to an under the cap team during the season and trading Childress for cap room is better than letting him walk for nothing. As hawksfanatic points out, there is a higher likelyhood of more teams struggling to meet minimum salary requirements this season and thus more teams that may be significantly under the cap when the dust settles.

I don't think we are totally hamstrung so we have to let Childress walk for the MLE.