• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe will "reportedly" accept Hawks offer ... according to Bleacher Report

Admin

Take this with a grain of salt but I figured I'd pass it along ...

http://bleacherrepor...antas-max-offer

Joe Johnson reportedly will accept the Atlanta Hawks Bird Rights offer. The offer is 6 years and about 119 million. How could he decline this offer by Atlanta?

This is where he can get the most money and still be on a great team. Atlanta still has Josh Smith and Mike Bibby for Johnson to play with.

If Johnson were to stay in Atlanta, they could be serious contenders to make the NBA Finals. It all depends on if Free Agency hits the Eastern Conference hard this summer.

I expect it will effect the conference, but I believe the Hawks would make the playoffs as the number 4 seed. Bosh and LeBron will probably end up in Chicago. Same goes for Wade and Boozer going to Miami according to NBA executives. Atlanta would be a great team even if this happens.

Joe Johnson will meet with the New York Knicks when NBA Free Agency starts at 12:01. The Knicks though don't offer close to what Atlanta can for him. Sure, New York offers the glamor and the bright lights, but they don't currently offer a winning team. The Hawks surely can do that for Joe Johnson.

If Joe Johnson stays in Atlanta, it would be the best for him to do. They offer the money and winning capability.

Joe will sign because he will not get paid like he would here anywhere else. I really dont think our management is ballsy/creative enough to pull off a s&t.

It's not a bad thing about him being here, not at all, but for that type of money............ugh.

• Premium Member

It says "reportedly will accept," which would lead one to believe that whoever posted that is a secondary source... but if true, where's the primary? Yah... ultimately will probably prove true, but for now, false alarm, it would seem.

Joe will sign because he will not get paid like he would here anywhere else. I really dont think our management is ballsy/creative enough to pull off a s&t.

It's not a bad thing about him being here, not at all, but for that type of money............ugh.

I don't think it's a matter of management not being ballsy/creative enough (remember they traded Speedy and Acie for Craw), it's a matter of if the ASG wants what on the other teams roster that JJ would interested in playing for...Knicks, Chicago, Miami...who on those rosters would you want?

It says "reportedly will accept," which would lead one to believe that whoever posted that is a secondary source... but if true, where's the primary? Yah... ultimately will probably prove true, but for now, false alarm, it would seem.

Good point and I just noticed that myself reading it the 2nd time and have now updated the title of the thread to reflect that.

I cant see him turning down almost 30 mill extra. Thats like these theories Bosh will sign a 5 year deal max to pair with Lebron or Wade. Bosh is going to be part of a sign and trade most likely because of the extra money he will get doing so. The only guy I could see just taking the 5 year deal is Lebron because he could make up the extra he loses in endorsements if he jumps to Chic or Ny.

I figured all along that if we offered the max, he would take it. Anything short of it, and he would likely bolt. I just did not believe the ASG would actually offer him the max.

JJ is all about the $$$ right now (although most FA in his position would do the same), so I won't be surprised when July 8th strikes and JJ signs on the dotted line.

Edited by TheTruth