• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rudy Gay to get $82M.

mrhonline

Wow that is nuts. Memphis offered him $10 million/yr last year so i knew they intended to keep him. However i don't see the logic in offering him more than any other team could offer him.

Would matching a front loaded deal be that much of a problem? With so many teams having a lot of cap space someone may have thrown a big deal his way after striking out on their main targets. But if the most another team can pay is $78 million, and you are willing to pay that, why not let it play out? It is no sure thing that a team would throw a huge offer his way, although NJ/MIN may have.

And if you are willing to pay $16 million/yr now why wouldn't they have been willing to up their $10 million/yr offer last fall?

Rudy was never going to sign any deal, unless it was close to what he could get in the open market. He had no intention of signing any deal last year.

Memphis did the right thing. Throw the money at Rudy right away, to prevent teams from being all in his ear, trying to pitch a deal. Overpaying for Rudy is not a bad thing, especially in the Memphis market. Now . . all Memphis has to do is lock up Marc Gasol to a similar deal next year, and then make a decision on OJ Mayo. They have their nucleus in place, much like what we had 3 years ago. All they need now, is for one of the kids to develop into an All-Star, or use one of the kids to trade for an All-Star within a year or two.

Good job Memphis.

Why are people shocked that Rudy got this type of deal from Memphis? Why do you think that team cleared all of that cap space by getting rid of Pau Gasol?

They have a 17 million dollar trade chip in Zach Randolph for next year ( lol . . who might be in jail by then if he's busted for marijuana trafficking ). They have Marc Gasol to toss a big money extension to. And they have three 1st round draft picks coming into the fold.

Don't look now, but Salmons is about to get a Marvin type deal as well.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/milwaukee-bucks-close-to-five-year-39-million-with-john-salmons.php

LOL . . for a league that supposedly hurting for money, these owners sure are throwing the money around today.

The reason it is surprising is that he got Dwight Howard money. He got more money than any other team could offer him. I don't get that at all.

As for the owners i am sure their feeding frenzy will be brought up during the CBA negotiations.

up pulls Joe to the red light with the Purple crazy colored Phantom

Dude that wasn't Joe, it was dark and the color was Black not Purple. Dude that was Batman off to fight crime in the ATL!!!! He ain't got time to chat!