• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My opinion of JJ

Wurider05

JJ is 29 years old. He is what he is. Players don't turn into superstars at age 29. Woody's offense was bad for everyone but JJ and he still barely gave you 20 a game.

This contract will handicap us. Now that the bar may have been possibly lowered for what a max is how is Horf not going to get the max.

I have the strangest feeling that Smoove maybe on his way out.

He has value. I keep thinking that he maybe at the center of the so called player chemistry problems.

JJ is 29 years old. He is what he is. Players don't turn into superstars at age 29. Woody's offense was bad for everyone but JJ and he still barely gave you 20 a game.

This contract will handicap us. Now that the bar may have been possibly lowered for what a max is how is Horf not going to get the max.

I have the strangest feeling that Smoove maybe on his way out.

He has value. I keep thinking that he maybe at the center of the so called player chemistry problems.

Averaging 20pts per game on a 50+ win team is not easy. Averaging 20pts per game on any team is not easy. JJ isn't a first tier superstar (Kobe, Lebron, D12, Duncan, Wade) but he is firmly in that second tier with Melo, Pierce, Amare, Bosh, Roy. How was Woody's offense not bad for JJ as well? How was putting him in an isolation where he be readily double-teamed good for him? We didn't even have the shooters to space the floor properly and make them pay for doubling and collapsing. We have a PF who is very good around the rim that likes to play most of the game 20ft out. How has the bar been lowered. For what a max player is?

If Smoove has to be moved to improve the team so be it. I think the issue is that so many Hawk fans have a sentimental attachment to Smoove because he is a hometown guy. That is also a reason many hawk/Smoove fans think he is worth more to us in the long run than Horford. That train of thought baffles me to say the least. Horford has the game, style of play and potential to be a difference maker in this leaglue for ten more seasons. Who knows what we will get from Smoove in another 4 or 5 years when his pure athleticism begins to diminish.