• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks/Warriors talking trade?

WraithSentinel

• Moderators

so I'm guessing Brandan Wright.

They definitely have an overload of young, thin PFs after this year's lottery pick + Wright + Randolph. One of them has to go this offseason.

• Premium Member

They definitely have an overload of young, thin PFs after this year's lottery pick + Wright + Randolph. One of them has to go this offseason.

To say nothing of the fact Marvin could play some PF, Vlad is a PF, and Turiaf/Beans are as much PF as they are CR.

If this is a cap move, expect Childress to resign. If it is a cap move, Gadz and Wright for Marvin and Bibi

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I would rather it be Randolph. He has Odom type potential. Wright is a huge question mark imo. He has some potential though.

Why would they give him up for Marvin?That would get somebody in GS fired.

Edited by pimp

The Warriors and Hawks have discussed a trade that would send Marvin Williams to Golden State, according to source.

http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

Marvin for Biedrins? One can only hope.

I'm going to guess Turiaf is the primary guy on the Warriors side. If we could get Biedrins that would be great. Remember we're looking for size. Doubt Brandan Wright would be the way we'd go.

The Warriors and Hawks have discussed a trade that would send Marvin Williams to Golden State, according to source.

http://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA

Marvin for Biedrins? One can only hope.

Looks like they are shopping Biedrins.....

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_15415380

Desperate to upgrade an increasingly fragile frontcourt, I'm told the Nuggets are trying to pry center Andris Biedrins from the Golden State Warriors.

Why would they give him up for Marvin?That would get somebody in GS fired.

You are asking for the answer to a question that I didn't even pose.....Why are you asking me that? Where did I say that they WOULD send Randolph? All I said is that I would rather it be Randolph. Wouldn't you too?

• Moderators

You are asking for the answer to a question that I didn't even pose.....Why are you asking me that? Where did I say that they WOULD send Randolph? All I said is that I would rather it be Randolph. Wouldn't you too?

Yes. Everyone would. That is why I doubt it will happen.

I am not sure this makes sense. If part of getting JJ back is convincing him the team will be a contender how does trading away two starters for cap space help? At the end of the day would the team be better with Duhon and Childress or Bibby and Marvin?

If they are trying to get some legitimate talent that is one thing, salary dump would be another thing entirely.

• Moderators

I am not sure this makes sense. If part of getting JJ back is convincing him the team will be a contender how does trading away two starters for cap space help? At the end of the day would the team be better with Duhon and Childress or Bibby and Marvin?

If they are trying to get some legitimate talent that is one thing, salary dump would be another thing entirely.

What I assume that would be based on is:

(1) Bibby is no longer the starter. He is now an overpaid backup.

(2) We would rather have Childress starting over Marvin and will use the $$ freed up from trading Marvin to sign Childress to a deal.

I don't see Duhon as a legit starter either, although he would improve the team's defense and is smart enough to work within a structured offense. I see this as a precursor to bringing in other talent.

What getting Bibby does for GS is complete the deal with Denver with Beidrins for Martin. Then Denver will trade Beidrins to Minny for Al Jefferson. Which would keep Melo in Denver. Marvin is an useful piece for GS.

What I assume that would be based on is:

(1) Bibby is no longer the starter. He is now an overpaid backup.

(2) We would rather have Childress starting over Marvin and will use the $$ freed up from trading Marvin to sign Childress to a deal.

I don't see Duhon as a legit starter either, although he would improve the team's defense and is smart enough to work within a structured offense. I see this as a precursor to bringing in other talent.

Doing that would be putting an awful lot of faith in Teague. I guess Drew has seen him in practice so should know what he is capable of. Duhon as a starter would be a downgrade based on what he did last year.

I like Childress as a hustle guy off the bench, but is he really better than Marvin? Marvin needs to man up for sure, and he obviously is a huge disappointment as a #2 pick, but he is a better long range shooter than Chill and has the ability to be a better defender.

I wouldn't mind seeing Azubuike, Gadzuric and Randolph coming our way for Bibby and Marvin. That's probably wishful thinking on my part but hey you never know what type of trade the Warriors will agree to when Sund gets them on the phone.