• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I just can't pull for Joe Johnson.

HawkWeisErrr

Looks like I will take another long vacation as a Hawks fan.

Dominique leaving was enough for me the 1st time. Joe staying does it again.

I missed the Hawks, but I just can't do it. We will not win a championship or be an elite team with Joe Johnson. If he was 3rd option maybe, but not as a focal point of the team. When you sign a 120 million dollar contract you ARE the focal point. It looks like the best I can hope for is a sign and trade. If not see you guys again in 7 years.

• Like 1

I missed the Hawks, but I just can't do it. We will not win a championship or be an elite team with Joe Johnson. If he was 3rd option maybe, but not as a focal point of the team. When you sign a 120 million dollar contract you ARE the focal point. It looks like the best I can hope for is a sign and trade. If not see you guys again in 7 years.

Why even post ?

No one cares when a self proclaimed hater hates.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

• Moderators

Being a Hawks fan for me === living with and anticipating disappointment on a daily basis. It's what makes this whole thing fun.

It's like soap opera fans. If everybody on the show made the sensible, rational, and correct decisions more than 25% of the time... nobody would watch.

Joe making the All-Star Game for the first time produces maybe 50 posts, tops. Joe making $18+ million for the first time produces 50 threads, minimum.

Joe doing Santa-Lanta for needy kids and families? Yawn. Golf Clap. Joe saying "I could care less..." after a playoff loss? Armageddon.

ASG saves money on an unproven talent during the draft, they're cheap, they spend money to secure an All-NBA talent during free agency, they're doofuses. Either way is fine, because it keeps fans talking.

This is no critique of us, that's just how it works. But unless we just signed O.J. Simpson to a max deal, there's no real reason to bail.

And if Cubs fans can be five generations deep, with all the mistakes and setbacks they've endured, hanging in there with the Hawks is no sweat.

~lw3

Hello,

While the dust has not settled yet, there are much worse things than Resigning an All Star SG that hardly any Pundit thought in a million years we would. Whether this simply is a prelude to a S&T or we have him back, it definitely changes the perception of ASG to the masses. Moreover, we could always trade him in in a year or two if things are not progressing.

While some are upset that ASG offered him the max, JJ had all the leverage and this is much better than him walking away with zero compensation. I must say since Sund has been here, things have actually gone quite well with the exception of Childress going to Greece.

Cheers,

JJ

Being a Hawks fan for me === living with and anticipating disappointment on a daily basis. It's what makes this whole thing fun.

It's like soap opera fans. If everybody on the show made the sensible, rational, and correct decisions more than 25% of the time... nobody would watch.

Joe making the All-Star Game for the first time produces maybe 50 posts, tops. Joe making $18+ million for the first time produces 50 threads, minimum.

Joe doing Santa-Lanta for needy kids and families? Yawn. Golf Clap. Joe saying "I could care less..." after a playoff loss? Armageddon.

ASG saves money on an unproven talent during the draft, they're cheap, they spend money to secure an All-NBA talent during free agency, they're doofuses. Either way is fine, because it keeps fans talking.

This is no critique of us, that's just how it works. But unless we just signed O.J. Simpson to a max deal, there's no real reason to bail.

And if Cubs fans can be five generations deep, with all the mistakes and setbacks they've endured, hanging in there with the Hawks is no sweat.

~lw3

There is so much truth to this post I just had to quote it. Lol. Hopefully Sund makes the moves necessary to complete this team.