• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Laughing Stock?

WraithSentinel

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is pretty clear from the fans here and across the NBA Land that we vastly overpay for JJ. Of course everyone is laughing at us. While I am not thrill with the contract JJ got. I will admit he isn't worth that much.

I know the reality is without him and unless the players we got all of the sudden step up their game to a level we never seen before. This team will be lucky to be in contention for the 8th seed. We have a horrible history of attracting key free agents and drafting well.

We have made huge strides over the last 3 years. This after what 10 years of just horrible basketball? After making those huge strides and getting interest in the team built up again. Now all of the sudden we should take a huge step back by not re-signing the team best player over one extra year?

I am sorry but if we have to give JJ an extra year on a contract in order to remain a playoff team even if it mean we are longshot to be a title contender. Then I will rather continue as we are then revisit the hell we experience in those 10 years prior. I truly believe we are close to making that next step. We just gotta tweak this roster just a little bit more.

Blast away I don't care. As far as I am concern. I am getting ready to see my Atlanta Hawks make another run at the playoffs. It is much better than hoping for some damn lottery balls to bounce your way.

• Moderators

No laughs here. I understand the economic argument against it, but there are teams desperate to give JJ this same contract. Dallas, NY, etc. would love to be the team signing these checks. Doesn't this historically bad deal have to be one that only the one team dumb enough to do it would actually do?

I agree with exodus that there is no clear solution here but I don't mind seeing JJ come back and seeing us try to take that next step. It sure beats wallowing in the late lottery like the Pacers.

It is pretty clear from the fans here and across the NBA Land that we vastly overpay for JJ. Of course everyone is laughing at us.

The Mavs, Rockets, Bulls, Clippers, Knicks, Nets, and Heat are not laughing one bit. 4 of those 7 teams are in the our Eastern Conference.

They would all have paid JJ the same thing if they could.

The NBA is not like MLB b/c of the salary cap that dictates max contracts.

The FA market said JJ was worth the max. If the Hawks did not give it to him another team would have.

Edited by coachx

I agree with exodus that there is no clear solution here but I don't mind seeing JJ come back and seeing us try to take that next step. It sure beats wallowing in the late lottery like the Pacers.

Yep.............pick your posion.

I'd rather not depend on lottery balls to decide the Hawks fate.