• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still need a PG folks

DJlaysitup

We still need an effective and reliable PG. Honestly, anybody who thinks you can just annoint Jeff Teague as our starting PG is nuts. Seriously nuts.

I'm hoping he does real well - but - he hasn't had enough time - he is turnover prone - and his shot very suspect. Right now Mike Bibby is our starting PG...just the way it is.

I really think getting another PG is more important than getting a new big at this point.

If Bibby were to get hurt (crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen) and Teague isn't up to par - we are screwed. kickcan.gif

• Like 1

If Bibby cant cut it big minutes, or gets hurt....and Teague doesn't have the experience and/or game to get the job done, I see Craws stepping in as a point this season. I'm not saying that I think Craws is the PG for the future (obviously), but with a new coach, and two PG's already on the roster, I don't see the point as an area of priority this off-season. We have guys that can fill that void if Bibby and Teague really suck or are hurt.

well if we dont get a pg in free agency. teague will start and hopefully he does well. honesty i truly think he will be ok in the starting lineup. lets give him a chance before we just talk about him like he's garbage! cheezzzzzzzz

We still need an effective and reliable PG. Honestly, anybody who thinks you can just annoint Jeff Teague as our starting PG is nuts. Seriously nuts.

I'm hoping he does real well - but - he hasn't had enough time - he is turnover prone - and his shot very suspect. Right now Mike Bibby is our starting PG...just the way it is.

I really think getting another PG is more important than getting a new big at this point.

If Bibby were to get hurt (crossing my fingers that it doesn't happen) and Teague isn't up to par - we are screwed. kickcan.gif

Amen

Do we want to further hurt Teague's development? We are basically tell him we don't think he can cut it and pushing him to be our 3rd pg. I'd rather take our lumps with him and put my confidence into our coach who feels that Teague can start than to sign someone and resort Teague to the end of the bench.

Why is it nuts to believe Teague can be an adequate starter? We won 50+ games last year with Bibby as the starter. Is it so crazy to believe that Teague could come into this season with more confidence with his rookie year out of the way, under a new coach, in a new offense, playing with starters and not West/Mo/Morris/Collins?

I'm not saying Teague will be great or that he should start, but it's not a whole lot saner acting like there's no possibility of him playing well.

Guys, we need a scoring Big, a SF, a Pg (Bibby is D-O-N-E) and maybe a SG. We need a Big more than a PG and a PG more than a SF. We've been killed in the playoffs the last two years because of pure out hustle and paint play. Crawford (Jamal) can play point. Do I want him playing pg? Hell no, but with our current situation, its one of our best options.

I think we should be willing to go through the growing pains with Teague as our starter. The majority of the board is well aware that this team isn't going to be a title contender in the near future, unless a huge trade goes down which is not likely, so why not install a young PG into the lineup who is more than capable of outperforming the guy who started last season? Teague is extremely fast, and still needs to work on his shot and cut down the turnovers, but we need to play a more uptempo style, and Mike Bibby is simply too slow and old to play such a tempo. Numerous times Bibby got burned on defense last year by much quicker point guards, and Teague's speed and better defensive ability will greatly help us in my opinion. I can easily see Teague starting the year with a lot of struggles, but gaining a lot of valuable experience that helps him ease into the role and play a lot better as the season progresses. That's much more exciting to look forward to than an old, slow point guard who no longer has any potential.

The most important thing that Teague can do right off the bat, is prove that he can DEFEND other PGs. If he can at the very least do that, it'll go a long way in solidifying his worth to the Hawks. But if he turns out to be weak defensively ( espeically on the ball ), then we'll definitely need to get another PG. I didn't like the kid's defensive awareness last year. Didn't like it AT ALL. That's one area that he MUST improve on. Even when he was matched up against Jennings a few times in the playoffs, Jennings made him look kind of silly. Teague didn't slow him down at all.

So to me, that's what I'm most concerned about when it comes to Teague. His defense.

Offensively, I'm already expecting only modest numbers out of him ( 8 ppg . . . 4 assists . . . 40 - 42% FG ), so he dang well better be solid defensively.

I trust Teague. He was pretty good on defense last year and I think he should have been played to guard BJ alot more in the Bucks series. These days EVERYBODY has a young PG with talent but we're the only team that doesn't use ours. Theres not too many PGs we could pickup that could contain any of these top PGs around. Unless we got cp3 but even thats a stretch..

If Joe comes back a trade almost has to happen.

If Joe and JC comes back then you have Bibby, Teague, Jamal Crawford, Joe, Childress, Jordan Crawford and Mo Evans that play 2 spots mostly. At least 2 of those guys will probably be hitting the road. I know a couple of those can still play the 3 spot, but you also have Marvin and Josh that can play the 3 spot. Someone is surely to get traded. I don't know if it will be a blockbuster.... I'm not sure the Hawks can pull off a blockbuster deal while keeping Joe, Josh and Al..... But something has to get done to add depth to the front line. A more productive back up big man is needed. ZaZa doesn't really produce squat at this stage.

It wouldn't shock me if we target Gilbert Arenas. I think he has ran his course in Washington and they got to be looking to unload him by now and mangement would probably look at him as an impact player.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

Any takers for "our old friend" T.J. Ford? Can't hit threes to save his hide, and buried behind A.J. Price, and now (for some reason) Lance Stephenson on the PG depth chart. But can drive-and-kick well and still a decent finisher inside the 3-point line.

Inflated but expiring contract. Wouldn't take much to pry him loose from Indy. And certainly ready to step to the side once Teague is ready.

~lw3