• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Having Pride and Taking Our lumps

Wurider05

For starters we aren't a well respected teams in the league but we need to develop some pride as an organization and build from there. Honestly I have yet to hear anybody Sekou, Stephen A, Barkely, Dennis Scott, epsn, etc say that JJ is worth the max. Everybody knows that he doesn't deserve the max but here we are getting ready to overpay because we the Atlanta Hawks. Why does it have to be like this. Damn near half the league lives in Atlanta people would love to play here and while not perfect Atlanta is a pretty good "new" city. I think that it is time we change out culture here and we can start by letting JJ walk or getting a sign and trade. No one is paying to see JJ (or Smoove) they are paying to see the Hawks. Believe it or not there are some die hard Hawks fans in Atlanta. Just ride the train before and after a game and you will see. We are not the only ones

If we let JJ go how bad would it hurt if at all. He dominated the ball and when he stepped back a little we played pretty good ball. I am not saying we are championship material without JJ but are we with him? We have solid talent on this team in Horf, Zaza,Craw, Marvin, and Josh and possibly Teague and Jo. Crawford.

I say let him go and save some face (and Money). We are not that bad of a franchise that we have to overpay someone this badly to get them to come to our team. Once he gets his contract watch him demand a trade in a few years or so. It is obvious that if all things were equal he would have been gone already. He wants an extra 30 million just play for the lowly Hawks.

Its funny because it can be debated at how much of drop off there will be if he leaves. Its not like anyone was expecting for us to win the championship next year anyway. What do we have to lose by letting JJ go?

We need to let him go and take our lumps and work from there!! If there are lumps to be taken. We need to develop some pride, we need to establish an environment where signing a broken down, journeyman Shaquille o"Neil hoping to catch lightning in a bottle doesn't get the natives riled up with excitement.

Edited by Wurider05