• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks MANAGMENT Grabd your ***** and pull the offer

Swiftkick

Jesus ..............you offer this guy a max contract and he still hasnt made a decision..This guy doesnt want to be here .Its bad enough we made that offer for a player that is no where worth

that kind of money he is mulling that decision..God can our front office be any more dumb..PULL THE OFFER...and say see ya Joe we as fans respect that you guys tried to keep Joe we wont hold it against you ..Clear some room lets make a run for Melo or Paul

• Like 3

These knee jerk reactions kill me. It has been two days since free agency started......two days! I'm sure Sund anfd the ASG isn't as impatient as you guys. Why the rush??? They can't actually sign until Tuesday anyway.

I can't blame him for possibly wanting to play with Amare and Lebron. Just chiill and be patient. None of the big nameshas made a decision yet. There is more at stake from their point of view. This is the biggestdecision of his life. "Pulling the offer" after two days would be stupid in more ways than one.

How would it be stupid..we are offering him the MOST money ..He is familiar with the city and the team..He has made the playoffs/ we have pieces in place and lets not forget he was a choker in the playoffs last year for us that did squaaaaaaaaaaaaa docuhe for us yet we came to bat with a MAX contract offer for this player

If he wants to mull what he wants to do let him do it without a max contract offer on the table..Let him wait and see how everything plays out then when some of the free agents stay HOME

he comes running back to our max offer..Yea we come off like a real pu***y there..

Smarten up Hawks management..PULL THAT OFFER NOW

Edited by Swiftkick
  • Like 2

I don't think this is a knee jerk reaction. Negotiation is a delicate process. If the owners told him he has a standing offer, and gave him freedom to consider other offers, that is their business. A lot of deals you get an offer for a short window, and you have to complete the deal or else risk renegotiation.

I'm hoping the ASG have some sort of balls like Sarver and the Suns did with Amare. They didn't want to tie their franchise to him for the max price over 5 years. We should at least tell Joe sign now or else. The reason is if he comes crawling back now you know that he took a glance at the other options and walked away. That should give us some power to potentially change the deal.

These other teams may blink at giving Joe $100 million if the big names are already taken. Right now they feel that getting Joe on board gives them a chance at Wade or Lebron. Lebron and JJ together are worth the price, but take Lebron out of the equation and they may reconsider.

I don't think this is a knee jerk reaction. Negotiation is a delicate process. If the owners told him he has a standing offer, and gave him freedom to consider other offers, that is their business. A lot of deals you get an offer for a short window, and you have to complete the deal or else risk renegotiation.

I'm hoping the ASG have some sort of balls like Sarver and the Suns did with Amare. They didn't want to tie their franchise to him for the max price over 5 years. We should at least tell Joe sign now or else. The reason is if he comes crawling back now you know that he took a glance at the other options and walked away. That should give us some power to potentially change the deal.

These other teams may blink at giving Joe $100 million if the big names are already taken. Right now they feel that getting Joe on board gives them a chance at Wade or Lebron. Lebron and JJ together are worth the price, but take Lebron out of the equation and they may reconsider.

exactly...

The Hawks while DUMB made a strong decision by offering Joe this kind of money and offer they said we want you back here is the max ..(90% of us know he isnt worth no where close to it ) but so be it we put the hand out on the table and said HERE it is ..So the Hawks made there strong push to the pile all chips on table..Joe now is mulling decisions and wait and see approach ..Knowing we put all our chips on the table and this will be the biggest pot he takes in yet he still hasnt made a decision and take the pot

What we need to do now is say Joe..The offer is on the table now you possibly just cost your self 30 million and maybe more...

Wade goes back to Miami..no need for Joe

Lebron stays in Cle..Cavs dont have room

Nets want Joe...let them offer max

Knicks want Joe....see ya ..the max contract is no longer on table..if you want to sign with them for FA so be it if you want that extra year you come back to us we will work a sign and trade.

Has JJ talked with Cuban yet? I would think Dallas is our primary competition - and them via SnT. I would think Joe is likely treating this like he plays basketball - serious, unemotional, businesslike.

I would bet that he likes to meet with team reps individually - ISO-ing them smile.gif

As far as a fast decision goes, forgetaboutit, JJ is still pounding the ball at half-court.....sizing them up.

• Like 1

Joe is just like any other Free Agent. They have the right to wait and see what other offers are, and it's the smart move to do. Atlanta isn't the only team that can offer him the max, other teams can give him a 5 year max as well. If anything, I take it as a sign that Joe wants to win and is looking where his best chances are to win. It's not because he doesn't want to play here, it's finding the best opportunity. Atlanta may give him the most money but is this the best chance of winning a championship? That's iffy. It's business. Deal with it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

There's no room for emotion when you're making business decisions.

That goes for both sides.

There is no incentive, other than satiating some emotional fans, to the idea of pulling the offer.

Cleveland, in the end, will be foolish to not figure out someway to do the SnT.

• Like 2

Why is everyone acting like a petulant child. We offer Joe a contract and it is his decision to make, HE is the free agent, HE gets to take all the time HE wants because it is HIS process. Why would JJ agree to a contract from the Hawks when he hasnt even had meetings with all the teams interested in him? Thats probably the worst decision he could make. Why does everyone seem to think that JJ owe's something to the Hawks? And is just being a jerk by not agreeing to our max deal? What does JJ owe us? We game him a contract, he did his part in living up to it, now it is his time to be rewarded, then suddenly everyone wants to call him a bad guy because he wants to think this through. I swear some of you guys are the biggest over reactors in the world.

• Like 4

Why is everyone acting like a petulant child. We offer Joe a contract and it is his decision to make, HE is the free agent, HE gets to take all the time HE wants because it is HIS process. Why would JJ agree to a contract from the Hawks when he hasnt even had meetings with all the teams interested in him? Thats probably the worst decision he could make. Why does everyone seem to think that JJ owe's something to the Hawks? And is just being a jerk by not agreeing to our max deal? What does JJ owe us? We game him a contract, he did his part in living up to it, now it is his time to be rewarded, then suddenly everyone wants to call him a bad guy because he wants to think this through. I swear some of you guys are the biggest over reactors in the world.

why do you think Hawks went right off the bat with the MAX OFFER? why not they just let Joe Johnson be courted by everyone in the NBA ...The Hawks put the offer on the table they are serious about keeping him just like Grizz did with Rudy Gay and you see how QUICK he accepted that .

Hawks now look like a soft organization that allows there own free agent to mull things over especially when we could GIVE HIM THE MOST MONEY ..if he was truly happy here or if he wanted to be back he would have signed.Im actually glad he hasnt signed now what we need to do is pull the offer back and then wait to see how free agency plays out

I'm so glad we have a ownership that doesn't believe everything that the media says. Sometimes certain teams put out false rumors to upset the players and the ownership. You know Joe wants the money, so why haven't we heard of the team that will try and do a sign and trade with Atlanta. We won't hear that because no team has what we want back except Dallas and maybe Houston and because no other team will pay him the max but us........DON'T BELIEVE THAT HYPE FOLKS!!!!!!!

Why does JJ not deserve the right to go through this process? He has been great for us the last 5 years. You would think he was Gun-toting Gilbert Arenas the way some of you guys bash the guy. If you don't like him for some reason fine but to bash the guy for not making a decision 48hours after the start of free agency is baffling. Everyone is entitled to their opinions though. If they pull this offer after two days, the national media will destroy the Hawks. What big name would run to an organization like that in the near future? When dealing with players of this caliber, there is no take it or leave it. There is a process.

why do you think Hawks went right off the bat with the MAX OFFER?

Because they want to keep JJ.
why not they just let Joe Johnson be courted by everyone in the NBA
Thats not the Hawks decision to make, it is JJ's decision to be courted by a variety of NBA teams. If he wants to go somewhere else the that is his choice, the hawks have done the only thing that any organization can do, offer the money and hope a player accepts.
...The Hawks put the offer on the table they are serious about keeping him just like Grizz did with Rudy Gay and you see how QUICK he accepted that .
Lets be serious here. there is only one SF on the market that any team gives a damn about and that is LeBron. Gay knows that he isnt going to get recruited to a team any better the the grizzlies, who honestly have a decent team right now. So he accepts the offer because that is his best option. In all honesty, the Hawks might not be JJ's best option. He is at the last big contract of his career, he doesnt have a championship, and he is getting offers from everybody with a wallet. JJ wants to do what is best for him, and by all means if that means going to a town with Lebron and Bosh to win a title, then let him go.

Hawks now look like a soft organization that allows there own free agent to mull things over especially when we could GIVE HIM THE MOST MONEY
So the Hawks are an organization that lets their players have free will? Honestly are you suggesting that we chain him up in the locker room and bring him out for the game. Because that is the only way what you just said makes sense.
..if he was truly happy here or if he wanted to be back he would have signed.Im actually glad he hasnt signed now what we need to do is pull the offer back and then wait to see how free agency plays out

Let me reinterate what many people have said, and you have obviously not listened to. NBA free agents can not sign yet. Now please, please stop overreacting.
  • Like 1

Why does JJ not deserve the right to go through this process? He has been great for us the last 5 years. You would think he was Gun-toting Gilbert Arenas the way some of you guys bash the guy. If you don't like him for some reason fine but to bash the guy for not making a decision 48hours after the start of free agency is baffling. Everyone is entitled to their opinions though. If they pull this offer after two days, the national media will destroy the Hawks. What big name would run to an organization like that in the near future? When dealing with players of this caliber, there is no take it or leave it. There is a process.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What would look worse for the franchise ..we offer JJ Max contract and HE TAKES 30 MILLION Less to go somewhere else

or

we offer him 120 million and say WE HAVE a deadline cause then we will look to go in another direction and try to make a trade for a Paul or Melo. and move on

Because they want to keep JJ. Thats not the Hawks decision to make, it is JJ's decision to be courted by a variety of NBA teams. If he wants to go somewhere else the that is his choice, the hawks have done the only thing that any organization can do, offer the money and hope a player accepts. Lets be serious here. there is only one SF on the market that any team gives a damn about and that is LeBron. Gay knows that he isnt going to get recruited to a team any better the the grizzlies, who honestly have a decent team right now. So he accepts the offer because that is his best option. In all honesty, the Hawks might not be JJ's best option. He is at the last big contract of his career, he doesnt have a championship, and he is getting offers from everybody with a wallet. JJ wants to do what is best for him, and by all means if that means going to a town with Lebron and Bosh to win a title, then let him go.

So the Hawks are an organization that lets their players have free will? Honestly are you suggesting that we chain him up in the locker room and bring him out for the game. Because that is the only way what you just said makes sense. Let me reinterate what many people have said, and you have obviously not listened to. NBA free agents can not sign yet. Now please, please stop overreacting.

I understand they cant sign yet ..I want a commitment.. I really dont want Joe back at all in the first place ..but I also dont want to look like a fool of a franchise when say Lebron signs somewhere else and Joe wants to go there for 30 million less ..how would that look on our franchise that a player took 30 mil less just to go play with another player that has never WON a ring either

Simple..

Joe we have offered you 120 million..we would like a answer within a day ..If not it was good having you here we are going to look in another direction

either by trading for Paul or Melo..we should not be handy capped by a player that doesnt want to be here

Let Joe mull his options without a max contract on table